Leviathan.Optimis
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-01 09:15:41  
- Ninjutsu
Migawari: Ichi NIN Lv.88
*Uses the ninja tool, "mokujin."

any guess what it can be ??? Im hopeing for maybe a sleep or silence jutsu.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-01 09:19:15  
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-01 09:19:40  
Loosely translates to: substitute (for), sacrifice (of, to)
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-01 09:19:45  
Someone said it means to Sacrifice, or Wooden Man, so I doubt it's Silence or Sleep.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-01 09:21:20  
Sounds like something defensive to me... though i don't think any of the last 3 spells matched up to their meanings did they?
 Leviathan.Optimis
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-01 09:26:38  
Hmmm so if it were to go anything like what its translate to it just be another type shadow lol. Well i hope its somethin intersting the tp moves and atk down were pretty cool. Heres hopeing for the best XD
 Siren.Shihan
サーバ: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2010-12-01 09:26:52  
What ever it is... it isnt Jubaku Ni.... sigh
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-01 09:27:33  
Stoneskin
[+]
 Leviathan.Optimis
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-01 09:32:48  
I keep looking at what it translates to and keep thinking cover or sometype souleater even thou thoses are JA lol. But man cover on nin would be pretty cool.

But a stoneskin spell would be pretty sweet.
 Ragnarok.Neraya
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2010-12-01 10:21:33  
or a summonable pet (one at time)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-01 10:37:25  
Uses remaining shadows from player and gives out some kind of party buff is what I'm guessing. Seeing how they're going crazy with all the aoe party buffs.

EDIT: I would even say, uses remaining shadows from player and raises eva of party members in area. Eva amount varies with shadows sacrificed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Vestal
サーバ: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-12-01 12:13:44  
Siren.Shihan said:
:(
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-12-01 12:35:00  
Sylph.Vestal said:
Siren.Shihan said:

agreed..

all these ichi spells there giving us, i think its just pretty retard that SE hasnt given us the complete Ni set of spells yet & its pretty *** pathetic that they introduced us to San spells but only to elemental ninju. damn man, all ichi spells should have been done by earlier 50's Ni spells should have been done earlier 80's san spells should have been givien 80-99

edit: for the "it will be too over powered" people... obviously they wouldnt give us the complete set of san i.e shadows ectect... but there isnt any excuse not to give us paralyze, blind or slow and implicate a way not for spells to stack with others... it will just give rdm's or w/e mage one less thing to do. spells like Aisha/Yurin/Myoshu should have be givien way before 60 these spells should be in there Ni.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-01 12:38:35  
Phoenix.Jovant said:
Sylph.Vestal said:
Siren.Shihan said:
agreed.. all these ichi spells there giving us, i think its just pretty retard that SE hasnt given us the complete Ni set of spells yet & its pretty *** pathetic that they introduced us to San spells but only to elemental ninju. damn man, all ichi spells should have been done by earlier 50's Ni spells should have been done earlier 80's san spells should have been givien 80-99
Not as sad as rdm still only having cure IV... even though any job can get it /whm now
 Phoenix.Jovant
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-12-01 12:54:33  
SE, just needs to sit back, think and revamp spells... its things like rdm not having cure4 is sad indeed something they may have over looked but it isnt as bad as the order of nin spells its like just before high 40's they gave up and just said *** it. spells made since right up to hojo:ni (48) after that ***just hit the fan. jubaku ni should have been given around earlier 60's, dokumori ni should have been high 50's. the late spell monomi ni should have been mid 50's.... and this is going by the other they give us in ichi spells vs most they give us in ni spells. san should have been the same way around 80 and the spell list could have been cut off right before kurayami san skipping utsusemi san and never giving us and spell learned after hojo as a san... this order would make more sense

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eliane
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-01 13:03:30  
Probably spikes or something ._.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-01 13:06:21  
think about how cool it would be if it put a "wooden clone" or something to sacrifice as the nin escapes .. the nin would cast this ninjitsu, and it would put all enimity to that, as the nin would be able to then cast shadows up again
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-01 13:12:52  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Someone said it means to Sacrifice, or Wooden Man, so I doubt it's Silence or Sleep.

Japanese

身替の術:壱 忍Lv88
※詠唱するためには、忍び道具「木人」が必要です。

身替 is apparently migawari, although I'd write migawari 身代り. 身替 is either a very formal/archaic way to write it, or something else. It means "substitute" or "scapegoat." (The rest of the spell name in japanese is inconsequential --> migawari no jutsu ichi)

It does indeed use the tool mokujin 「木人」, which literally translates by the kanji into "wooden man."

Before I read the POL notes in Japanese, I was really hoping for mokujin to be written this way: 黙塵, which could be read as "silence dust" lol.

[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2010-12-01 13:48:35  
I bet on a -pdt ninjutsu ~_~
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-01 13:59:34  
I was thinking about a self buff, it's look like all utsusemi spells, same effect and at the end a cocoon effect but someone answered:

Quote:
For those of you wondering about the ninjutsu spell, the current DAT file lists it as an Earth-elemental Ninjutsu that targets an enemy.
Probably will be some sort of debuff, but it doesn't appear to be a Hojo variation.
Learned at lv88 NIN. Ichi level of course, if anyone cares to know.

Source: BG

Quote:
Earth-elemental Ninjutsu
Silence is based on Wind.

i'm thinking about getting break, but as :ichi... huh huh !
[+]
 Valefor.Roczilla
サーバ: Valefor
user: Keon
By Valefor.Roczilla 2010-12-01 16:53:45  
Please let it be a stoneskin spell. Be nice to have something to counter any "aga" spells and other moves that ignore/wipe our shadows.

SE also has been trying to push the use of Ninjutsu. Maybe we will gain three "sacrifice" counters to increase ninjutsu damage, with each counter draining "x" amount of HP.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-01 17:04:36  
Acc down!
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-12-01 18:36:51  
Looks more like a cross between Utsusemi and Phalanx, so im kinda holding my breath on a phalanx spell.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-12-01 18:40:03  
Sounds like Stoneskin.

But this is SE remember, prob gonna be something dumb, like earth spikes.
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2010-12-01 18:41:53  
actually scratch that, the translation was sacrifice, and it uses a mokujin tool, so im pretty certain it'll work like third eye, but only once.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-12-01 18:55:12  
Calling it, Pax effect.
First Page 2 3 4 5