New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Divine Caress
Divine Caress
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-30 18:12:29  
Trying to find information on this skills effectiveness (how powerful is the effect resist ability). Does anyone have a Link where a person has tested this out? Or first hand acconts on how good this is at stoping effects?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-30 19:03:36  
Only one person? Come on there has to be more whm that have used this.
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-30 19:18:20  
its only really useful for certain occasions that ive found.
for mobs that spam debuff tp move like la theine liege's venom attack itll help there.

if youre attacking mobs that have perma ice spikes once again the bar para effect will be tremendously helpful.

it doesnt seem powerful enough to over come auras though. dds were still being para'd by iktomi

but ya, basically it only sees action if a mob is spamming a tp move or has ice spikes
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-11-30 19:26:11  
I personally haven't found much use for it, but I haven't had too many opportunities to use it either. The cool thing about it is that it's like SA and TA where you can basically keep it up forever until you use a -na effect, so if you want to fulltime it, you can do so without cramping your style (correct me if I'm wrong in this regard though). The problem is the fact that a monster has to use debilitating effects back-to-back-to-back to be useful, and I find that any type of mob that does that will also spam more then one type of deliberating effect, making Caress single status-effect bar a bit redundant. Also, I have yet to see a resistance high enough to basically negate the effect (or keep it at a very short duration). Next time I go into a fight with heavy enfeebles, I'll see what I can "eyeball".

From my own experience, I haven't seen Divine Caress' effect last very long. The only response I've gotten from it is that "it sounds kinky" when I use it >.> That that as what you will, heh.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shaj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shaj
By Bahamut.Shaj 2010-12-02 18:28:08  
Sorry I never look on the whitemage thread cause I thought no one gave a ***..

Divine Caress activation rate is 95% for 1 minute, and for those who /sch Accesion doesnt affect it neither so :(.

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-06 20:41:12  
So I've only used this ability twice so far playing on my WHM Alt, but I can say it's very potent.

The first time I used it, I poisona'd a NIN tank at Pascerpot, and about 3-4 Poison Breaths after that, the effect of poison from each was resisted.

The second time using it was on Wherwetrice with Stona, and the same thing happened. It tried using Baleful Gaze and the Petrify effect was resisted about 2 times.

The recast of it paired with the duration of resisting really makes it awesome, I'd like to try this on some tougher NMs in the future, It's definitely useful.
[+]