Usefulness In Devotion Still?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Usefulness in Devotion still?
Usefulness in Devotion still?
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-02 21:48:44  
With Abyssea, do you guys ever use devotion anymore? I was thinking of changing them to 5x Protectra 5 ._.; at least get something out of the merits.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-02 21:50:12  
I want a WHM to Devotion me all night long.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-02 22:08:55  
What do you do outside of abyssea anymore though? And that requires a pld? Or where you actually are low on mp?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-02 22:12:11  
Idk we just fought Bukhis and it totally raped the mnks lol.
 Asura.Luelle
サーバ: Asura
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-11-02 22:20:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bukhis is a jerk.
A big dumb jerk.
Frickin doom.

But I do think Devotion still has its uses.
By Serj 2010-11-02 22:25:46  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Tell them to suck less >=D
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-02 22:30:13  
I agree its still useful but like, 10min devotion timer isn't shiny like it was when I first got it. Maybe I'll bump it down to 15mins and unlock Martyr and protectra5 so I don't have to waste an accession charge ._.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-02 22:34:06  
this is what i roll with.
5/5 shellra
1/5 protectra
3/5 devotion
1/5 martyr

dont really need more than 1 protect merit and having devotion and martyr allows you to be flexible in those just in case situations
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-03 10:22:58  
Asura.Domz said:
5/5 shellra
1/5 protectra
3/5 devotion
1/5 martyr

dont really need more than 1 protect merit and having devotion and martyr allows you to be flexible in those just in case situations

i think im gonna change to this
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-11-03 10:51:02  
The best part of having a WHM in a non-abyssea pt is getting devotion when you are waiting out a convert timer. Especially if you are having to spam spells to keep the alliance from getting wiped.

[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
サーバ: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-11-03 12:33:29  
I still use it for lowman all the time. When you're killing seal NMs with e.g. a MNK, THF, BLM, WHM or RDM, WHM, the other mage is frequently powering through MP, esp if they have allure on so they can cast more without getting hate. Even though we have crazy refresh available now in abyssea, it's always possible to blow through it, and dumping 300MP on another mage in a pinch is still useful.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-03 12:38:45  
Peoples just dont seem to understand recast is 10-15mn...
So last time i lvl my whm in abyssea, blu was like tellin all 5mn [Devotion] [can i have it]...
Go in a pt with rdm rly...XD
I might just cancel mine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-11-03 16:44:02  
I Devotion our BLM in Abyssea all the time while seal farming. If you're after grellow !!'s, they're going to be going through MP rather fast even with Convert and refresh atmas.

Protectra 5 is not worth even a single merit. Protectra 4 the people who won't get hit that often, Protect 5 whoever is tanking or Accession it if it is really that big of a deal (you can't spare the stratagem once every 30 minutes? really?).

5 Shellra V
4 or 5 Devotion
0 or 1 Martyr
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-03 16:56:12  
I do (personally) worry that the final Abyssea-area expansion will only increase level cap to 90. While it might be a long time into 2011 before SE increases the cap again to 95 and/or 99, there is no guarantee (to my mind, at least) that the 2011 endgame will be in Abyssea and thus be benefitted by Abyssean atmas.

For sure end-game is currently entrenched firmly in Abyssean areas, and will be after December 2010 for quite a while, but I just consider that in the long-term certain character builds and playstyles that depend highly on atmas for performance might have to change again later on. Just as Abyssea's atmas decreased the usefulness of a lot of MP-saving abilities (Chivalry or Devotion, etc.) that were previously extremely useful in old areas like Dynamis or Limbus, new post-91 areas (and revisions to abilities) might make them super-necessary again LOL. :p

At least exp (and thus meriting) is so easy to get/do now that "selling back" levels of Chivalry or Devotion isn't so bad a plan in the short term. :p
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-03 17:15:19  
WHM Group 2 merits are pretty terrible except Shellra anyways, who cares.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hyur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hyur
By Cerberus.Hyur 2010-11-03 17:44:59  
Asura.Domz said:
5/5 shellra
1/5 protectra
3/5 devotion
1/5 martyr

Same!
 Alexander.Eldelphia
サーバ: Alexander
user: eldelphia
By Alexander.Eldelphia 2010-11-04 09:28:16  
Quote:
5/5 shellra
1/5 protectra
3/5 devotion
1/5 martyr

Me too :)
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-04 10:07:49  
Devotion is still very good. I low man alot of crap with Rdm's and if I go whm they can CS and I can almost fill them back up. I dont have very good Whm Atma's right now (including any sort of refresh atmas..go ahead make fun.) So typically I just do HP Atma's which is great.

With full HP gears my devotions are in the 600's and its nice if I'm ever with a Pld/Rdm/Blm/Smn..They can blow threw initial MP without any worries.

I don't think I will ever change Devotion Merits..but one could argue that Martyr might be more worth it than ever.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2010-11-04 10:13:06  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
I agree its still useful but like, 10min devotion timer isn't shiny like it was when I first got it. Maybe I'll bump it down to 15mins and unlock Martyr and protectra5 so I don't have to waste an accession charge ._.

Martyr ... now that seems much more useless to me, imo.

I would still keep Devotion for those 'just in case' situations. There will always be someone who mismanages their MP pool.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-04 10:16:15  
Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Tell them to suck less >=D
Meh damn thing was doing a good 1500-2k dmg with the AOE clip move sometime immediately after an AOE or a few high dmg hits. It's a mnk mob so shadows go down fast. Pld would've been a much better tank
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-04 12:48:54  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
I want a WHM to Devotion me all night long.

When you look at your Avatar and read this, its mucho funnies. lol
 Asura.Braego
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-11-04 13:07:30  
5/5 Shellra
1/5 Protectra
4/5 Devotion

I didn't think I'd use martyr at all so didn't bother...

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
With Abyssea, do you guys ever use devotion anymore? I was thinking of changing them to 5x Protectra 5 ._.; at least get something out of the merits.

I can assure you outside Abyssea or in, you won't hear a Paladin complain about devotion lol
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-08 17:14:59  
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
I Devotion our BLM in Abyssea all the time while seal farming. If you're after grellow !!'s, they're going to be going through MP rather fast even with Convert and refresh atmas.

Protectra 5 is not worth even a single merit. Protectra 4 the people who won't get hit that often, Protect 5 whoever is tanking or Accession it if it is really that big of a deal (you can't spare the stratagem once every 30 minutes? really?).

5 Shellra V
4 or 5 Devotion
0 or 1 Martyr
[+]
 Valefor.Lohn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lohn
By Valefor.Lohn 2010-11-19 01:47:57  
Asura.Domz said:

5/5 shellra
1/5 protectra
3/5 devotion
1/5 martyr

Same! Martyr is by no means a necessity, but I do like having the option~

I pretty much live in Abyssea and still find myself using Devotion to top off MP. You just don't really have any omfgIneedmprightnoworwearescrewed moments!
By Aerytrea 2010-11-19 05:21:34  
Maxing out Protectra V and Shellra V is not that important, I'll agree with that. But A white mage without protectra V and shellra v? That's just stupid. Lazy. There aren't words for it lol. Don't forget you can get the shell side of it by meriting your bar spell effect as well. Having devotion and martyr as 'options' is important I think. Devotion is good all around. Think of all who can benefit from it. Blu, Blm, Pld, even Rdm if convert is down, not to mention others. I mean seriously, no matter what atma a blu has, they're gonna tear through mp. I can think of many situations where Devotion has been key in getting something done. Martyr I think is a must have in a sticky situation. Someone gets blasted and you need to heal them quick? Martyr. No casting time involved, just instantaneous hp. Only drawback is having to run close enough lol. But it has helped me save someone's *** a few times. My main job is Whm and I unlocked ProtectraV and ShellraV, 3 on martyr and devotion maxed out. On group number 1 I have cure cast time and bar spell effect maxed out. This set up has never failed me and as I say, I always find myself glad I have devotion and martyr.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-19 05:33:22  
Meriting Pro5 is a waste of 3 merits, Maxing Shell5 is 22 merits put to good use.

I've used Martyr a few times and Devotion quite a bit (even in Abyssea). Being part of a group of 4 people, we generally use quite a bit in terms of resources on some NM's if they don't play nice. Until we got into a pick up run for MM (which could've gone much smoother, let's just say that >_>;) and finally getting Heqet (that thing is SO camped wtf), MP was pretty stretched. Me and the BLU were the only people with the Windy refresh Atma, so our PLD (who just came back from a ~2yr or so break and doesn't have ASA done) was pretty stretched for MP sometimes. I used Devotion a few times just to keep our heads above water.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-19 05:36:38  
Aerytrea said:
Maxing out Protectra V and Shellra V is not that important, I'll agree with that.
right...
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-11-19 06:20:16  
Someone saying shellra V is not that important? Either i misread that or someone doesnt understand magic damage reduction
[+]
First Page 2 3