Some WHM Sets? Need Advice ._.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Some WHM sets? Need Advice ._.
Some WHM sets? Need Advice ._.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-17 19:00:48  
Fenrir.Snick said:
I'm actually gonna stop using C5 for curing 200 HP and switch to C6 so maybe I can have these imaginary MP issues.

Cure VI casts faster! (I think)
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 19:01:47  
Now something I'm not sure, does Afflatus Solace Stoneskin require actually curing the HP to apply or just the hypothetical HP that could be cured?

Also *** if it does cast faster god damnit.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-17 19:04:43  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Now something I'm not sure, does Afflatus Solace Stoneskin require actually curing the HP to apply or just the hypothetical HP that could be cured?

Also *** if it does cast faster god damnit.

It's the actual HP cured I'm pretty sure :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-17 19:11:00  
i think it's the hypothetical hp; at least, that's what wiki says and that's what it seemed like when solace first came out. i was tossing cure Vs on a level 15 character for the better stoneskin.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 19:20:26  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Now something I'm not sure, does Afflatus Solace Stoneskin require actually curing the HP to apply or just the hypothetical HP that could be cured? Also *** if it does cast faster god damnit.
It's the actual HP cured I'm pretty sure :(
If it's HP cured, does this go past the SS cap?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-17 19:20:33  
yea, i went and PL'd my friend at a pet camp, and would spam cure IV (lol56whm =/) even with full hp just for better stoneskin it gave.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-17 19:53:24  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
I'm actually gonna stop using C5 for curing 200 HP and switch to C6 so maybe I can have these imaginary MP issues.

Cure VI casts faster! (I think)
/nod

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
one can argue however, that whm IS more skill inclined than gear. that's the point.
How did you get from this to "who cares about gear"? Because that's the gist of your first post.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 20:05:43  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Also ditch medicine ring, so not worth dropping HP to latent anymore.
I was basing these sets around Abyssea, so I would think Medicine Ring would be a viable option with the HP buff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-17 20:39:00  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Also ditch medicine ring, so not worth dropping HP to latent anymore.
I was basing these sets around Abyssea, so I would think Medicine Ring would be a viable option with the HP buff.

activates at 75% hp, with auto regen II now i don't imagine it'd be all that easy to keep your hp down without constantly swapping to force latent, plus theres always the overzealous healers who ragefit if anyone isnt 100%
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 21:04:11  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
activates at 75% hp, with auto regen II now i don't imagine it'd be all that easy to keep your hp down without constantly swapping to force latent, plus theres always the overzealous healers who ragefit if anyone isnt 100%
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
HP buff.
If you have 2 or more Merit Abyssites, you can cancel the HP buff to bring down your HP, and it will re-activate so that you have somewhere between 60-75% HP depending on how many Merit Abyssites you have.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-10-17 21:11:01  
I personally run the following sets for healing

Cure Potency + MND (Cure V+)
Cure Potency + Conserve MP (Cure I-IV)
Conserve MP (Raise, Reraise, Pro, Shell, etc etc)
Haste (Anything that generally requires fast recasting)
Divine (Repose)
Enfeebling (Mix and match depending on the situation - skill for things like Silence and potency on the spells that matter, change as needed)
hMP
Dark Magic (Aspir and Drain if running /SCH)
Idle Set (which isn't much for me, ATM >.>... lol)

----
@Solace question

According to Wiki, SS cap on Solace is 250 HP, though I have personally yet to test this. Easiest way is to duo a Cactaur, spam them 1K+ Cure V's and VI's on the second person while the WHM tanks and see how much mitigation comes from 1K needles.

----
@Debate between /RDM and /SCH

I personally find /SCH to be more useful then /RDM just because /SCH gives me much more utility then /RDM gives me. Sure, /RDM gives me Refresh, but I like having Sublimation up as an "O Snap, I need MP in a hurry" that won't put me at risk like Convert would. Also, since I'm a Galka WHM, making a balanced HP/MP set would drive my absolutely nuts.

This debate does seriously come down to play style more then anything else though. I use Penury like a mad dog while /SCH, and I absolutely love my 300MP+ Sublimations. I know other people who prefer the Accession route while others prefer Celerity. Then there are those who are hardcore /BLMs and /RDMs. Seriously, if it's a big problem, just level all three and change as necessary xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 21:24:53  
Thanks everyone for your help!
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-17 22:41:46  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
HP buff.
If you have 2 or more Merit Abyssites, you can cancel the HP buff to bring down your HP, and it will re-activate so that you have somewhere between 60-75% HP depending on how many Merit Abyssites you have.

ah ok, didn't know about that. thanks.
[+]