Some WHM Sets? Need Advice ._.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Some WHM sets? Need Advice ._.
Some WHM sets? Need Advice ._.
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 15:36:49  
Here's some WHM sets I've been working on for my upcoming (Once I get back from break) WHM85. I think I might need some other sets but I'm not quite sure what other sets there are to shoot for. Any help would be lovely, tell me what you think of the sets!

Idle set: (Chrysopeia Torque when/if I happen to have TP for some reason, Tatsu with PDT-4 Movement+8, Wivre with Refresh+1)

Cure Precast set: (This also applies for Precasting minus the Cure cast gear)

Cure IV set: (I was thinking I could use this one for Cure 1-3 too)

Cure V set: (I was thinking I could use this for Cure VI too maybe)
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 15:57:34  
i don't understand why people make these threads, ever. put in the gear that's applicable for the spell. whm is also more of knowing what to do and when rather than someone elses +50hp cure; not saying +50 more hp on it is useless.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 16:05:04  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
but I'm not quite sure what other sets there are to shoot for.
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
i don't understand why people make these threads, ever. put in the gear that's applicable for the spell. whm is also more of knowing what to do and when rather than someone elses +50hp cure; not saying +50 more hp on it is useless.
Can't I know what to do and when, and also be efficient? I don't see your point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 16:25:58  
it was just an example showing how knowing what to do is more important. if you know what to do, why are you asking about your gear?
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:29:18  
You have way too much fast cast for cures lol Can ditch the neck and strap realistically. Especially the neck, it really is trash.

Also *** curing in enmity-, if your DD are worth two shits you'll never grab hate.

Also ditch medicine ring, so not worth dropping HP to latent anymore.
And do you really need that much MP in your iddle set? You'll take it all off when you cast anything anyways, and is not worth sacrificing the HP considering MP is unlimited in Abyssea.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 16:29:35  
it was just an example showing how knowing what to do is more important. if you know what to do, why are you asking about your gear?
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:32:46  
An enfeebling set, devotion set, divine(repose) set, banish set, dark magic. Just to name a few.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 16:33:29  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

make sets for the spells/abilities/situations you actually use. its not that hard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-10-17 16:38:37  
i don't understand why people make these threads, ever. put in the gear that's applicable for the spell. WHM is also more of knowing what to do and when rather than someone else's +50hp cure; not saying +50 more hp on it is useless.

100% accurate.
[+]
 Cerberus.Evangel
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Evangel
By Cerberus.Evangel 2010-10-17 16:39:49  
Idle set looks... okay. If you have all that already.
Sub SCH or RDM and remember the 50% fast cast cap.
Ditch the -Enmity set, then juggle gear to get as close to 50% cure potency as you can, then fill the rest in with MND gear.
Some extra sets you might need are:
a haste set to drop your recast on things like Haste.
an hMP set if you find that you rest a lot.
an Enfeeble set if you play with a lot of horrible RDM's, or just a lack of RDM's. (WHM gets access to a lot of Enfeeble/MND gear)

After that, it's just a matter of how much you care about WHM. I also have a Divine set for Repose, a nuking set for Banish/Holy, a Dark set for Drain/Aspir when I sub SCH, and a set for Bar-element spells.

EDIT: HP set for Devotion.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:41:46  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
i don't understand why people make these threads, ever. put in the gear that's applicable for the spell. WHM is also more of knowing what to do and when rather than someone else's +50hp cure; not saying +50 more hp on it is useless.

100% accurate.
Same can be said about any job, who needs gear at all?

It's about doing ***efficiently.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 16:45:26  
Fenrir.Snick said:

100% accurate.

healing more than others methinks. you're just trying to find something to aruge about.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:45:59  
I also don't get the love for /RDM :/ You can easily cap cure fast cast /SCH and there's never really been a situation where the 5% additional fast cast would mean anything. Considering you lose Light/dark arts, strategems, sublimation and all you really get is convert and access to Sleep 1 without using Addendum: Dark.

Also don't count on most RDMs lol. Maybe it's just from my personal experience, but many of them just stack as much Enfeebling magic+ and ignore MND/INT completely for their enfeebles. Is gross when my paralyze procs more than a RDMs para 2. (lol, eyeballing)
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:46:28  
Fenrir.Snick said:

100% accurate.

healing more than others methinks. you're just trying to find something to aruge about.
So? You're just trying to make the point you don't have a point.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 16:49:47  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

100% accurate.

um what?
you can know what mobs moves do what enfeebles and remove them before you see anything. if you didn't know, most likely it wouldn't be removed until someone said something or you see an effect in the log. it doesn't matter how much fast cast you have, or how many aoe yagrush's you have if you don't know what the *** is going on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-17 16:50:53  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

100% accurate.

um what?
you can know what mobs moves do what enfeebles and remove them before you see anything. if you didn't know, most likely it wouldn't be removed until someone said something or you see an effect in the log. it doesn't matter how much fast cast you have, or how many aoe yagrush's you have if you don't know what the *** is going on.
ITT: we state the obvious.

Skill and gear both contribute to your overall ability to play a job. Overlooking either is foolish.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 16:52:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

100% accurate.

um what?
ITT: we state the obvious.

Skill and gear both contribute to your overall ability to play a job. Overlooking either is foolish.

one can argue however, that whm IS more skill inclined than gear. that's the point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 16:53:09  
BLM/WHM
k
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 17:02:14  
Fenrir.Snick said:
BLM/WHM
k

if you look further, im in fishing gear and i used whm to teleport-yhoat.

derp.
[+]
 Cerberus.Evangel
By Cerberus.Evangel 2010-10-17 17:34:57  
Fenrir.Snick said:
I also don't get the love for /RDM :/ You can easily cap cure fast cast /SCH and there's never really been a situation where the 5% additional fast cast would mean anything. Considering you lose Light/dark arts, strategems, sublimation and all you really get is convert and access to Sleep 1 without using Addendum: Dark.
I'll pick this statement apart one thing at a time since I don't get everyone's hard-on for /SCH only any more.

First of all, I'm pretty sure WHM does a lot more than just Curing. That extra 5% fast cast goes towards every spell you cast. Not to mention, if the person you're healing is in need of a high MP cost spell like Cure V or Cure VI, that extra 5% fast cast (if you don't hit the cap without it) and not having to hit an extra key for Penury will save them about half the time they may have died otherwise.

Unless of course you only use Penury for Raises? Buffs? When you're just standing around doing nothing anyways? If you have the time and MP to Raise someone or rebuff mid-fight, then having Penury isn't going to matter.

I'm also pretty sure that -10% spell costs and a ~300MP Sublimation every ~7 minutes gives you a lot less MP than a 1000MP+ Convert every 10 minutes. Unless again, you use Penury every time you cast a Cure V or VI. Not to mention Refresh 1 outdid Sublimation, before Refresh 2 even came out. And when there's no RDM around, self Refresh and Convert still outdo /SCH.

In regards to Light/Dark Arts and the other Stratagems. What does /SCH give you? Drain, and Aspir, which are only good with Dark Arts up. Sleep and Dispel which are only available with Dark Arts and Addendum: Black up. Manifestation Sleep when your BLM's suck? You'd have to have both stratagems up to do that, which means you're not using Penury. You already said Regen was next to useless in another thread, so AoE Regen must not be good either, and you can't AoE Haste.

So, yeah. /RDM "only" gets an extra 5% fast cast, better MP conservation, more spells, and access to spells without having to have Dark Arts up on WHM.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-10-17 17:38:04  
Cerberus.Evangel said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
I'll pick this statement apart one thing at a time since I don't get everyone's hard-on for /SCH only any more.

First of all, I'm pretty sure WHM does a lot more than just Curing. That extra 5% fast cast goes towards every spell you cast. Not to mention, if the person you're healing is in need of a high MP cost spell like Cure V or Cure VI, that extra 5% fast cast (if you don't hit the cap without it) and not having to hit an extra key for Penury will save them about half the time they may have died otherwise.

Unless of course you only use Penury for Raises? Buffs? When you're just standing around doing nothing anyways? If you have the time and MP to Raise someone or rebuff mid-fight, then having Penury isn't going to matter.

I'm also pretty sure that -10% spell costs and a ~300MP Sublimation every ~7 minutes gives you a lot less MP than a 1000MP+ Convert every 10 minutes. Unless again, you use Penury every time you cast a Cure V or VI. Not to mention Refresh 1 outdid Sublimation, before Refresh 2 even came out. And when there's no RDM around, self Refresh and Convert still outdo /SCH.

In regards to Light/Dark Arts and the other Stratagems. What does /SCH give you? Drain, and Aspir, which are only good with Dark Arts up. Sleep and Dispel which are only available with Dark Arts and Addendum: Black up. Manifestation Sleep when your BLM's suck? You'd have to have both stratagems up to do that, which means you're not using Penury. You already said Regen was next to useless in another thread, so AoE Regen must not be good either, and you can't AoE Haste.

So, yeah. /RDM "only" gets an extra 5% fast cast, better MP conservation, more spells, and access to spells without having to have Dark Arts up on WHM.

/nod, only times so far I'd use /sch is when you have a rdm in your pt to refresh2 you, and you *really* need accession+na spells/cures.

but hey, i'm blm/whm in fishing gear, wth do i know.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 17:47:18  
Cerberus.Evangel said:

lol? MP is really an issue? How the *** do you NOT hit the cap? Christs sakes.
Quote:
I use Celerity and Accession way more than Penury, but thanks for playing.

If someone honestly dies mid fight(lol) than you'd want them up ASAP, use celerity, not penury.
Quote:
Self refresh is 140 MP in 2.5 minutes. Sublimation is about 110 in that same time. Only you don't need to recast it, is a job ability, and can be stored full. Oh also wakes you up from sleep when charging. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, afterall, you REALLY need that 30 MP.

Convert really? I can't even tell you the last time I was below 300MP. I just use C5 now for everything because MP just isn't an issue ever.
Quote:
AoE -nas? Celerity raise, stoneskin, repose? If you're fighting something that has MP you can get 100+ MP a minute easily(Which then destroys your almighty refresh).
Quote:
Bind is the only thing /RDM has on /SCH, I stand corrected.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 17:54:09  
Oh wait, self-refresh is only 110 in it's duration. Hahaha.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 17:54:42  
Cerberus.Evangel said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
I'll pick this statement apart one thing at a time since I don't get everyone's hard-on for /SCH only any more. First of all, I'm pretty sure WHM does a lot more than just Curing. That extra 5% fast cast goes towards every spell you cast. Not to mention, if the person you're healing is in need of a high MP cost spell like Cure V or Cure VI, that extra 5% fast cast (if you don't hit the cap without it) and not having to hit an extra key for Penury will save them about half the time they may have died otherwise. Unless of course you only use Penury for Raises? Buffs? When you're just standing around doing nothing anyways? If you have the time and MP to Raise someone or rebuff mid-fight, then having Penury isn't going to matter. I'm also pretty sure that -10% spell costs and a ~300MP Sublimation every ~7 minutes gives you a lot less MP than a 1000MP+ Convert every 10 minutes. Unless again, you use Penury every time you cast a Cure V or VI. Not to mention Refresh 1 outdid Sublimation, before Refresh 2 even came out. And when there's no RDM around, self Refresh and Convert still outdo /SCH. In regards to Light/Dark Arts and the other Stratagems. What does /SCH give you? Drain, and Aspir, which are only good with Dark Arts up. Sleep and Dispel which are only available with Dark Arts and Addendum: Black up. Manifestation Sleep when your BLM's suck? You'd have to have both stratagems up to do that, which means you're not using Penury. You already said Regen was next to useless in another thread, so AoE Regen must not be good either, and you can't AoE Haste. So, yeah. /RDM "only" gets an extra 5% fast cast, better MP conservation, more spells, and access to spells without having to have Dark Arts up on WHM.
In /SCH's defense,with low man situations like DNC/NIN and WHM, AoE Stoneskin is very useful paired with Fan Dance.
 Cerberus.Evangel
By Cerberus.Evangel 2010-10-17 18:35:40  
So what you're saying is... You never run out of MP, so /SCH which is less MP efficient is better for you. 2 charges of 21% fast cast that are also shared with every other Stratagem you use, that take 2 minutes to recharge, are better than a full time 5% fast cast for everything you cast. Sublimation apparently never finishes charging, doesn't take 30 seconds to put it back up after you use it, and doesn't instantly cancel charging if your HP drops below 51%. Also, Poison Potions apparently don't exist either.

If MP isn't an issue, then there's no argument between SCH and RDM, seeing as how RDM is more MP efficient. Use either for that. But really, self Refresh is 150 MP, and costs 40 MP to cast. So it's the exact same as Sublimation if you're casting it on yourself using your math. And seriously, the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE "Convert really?" thing? Saying that about a /RDM is like someone saying "Sublimation really?" to you while subbing /SCH. That was, just beyond stupid, congratulations. It's like saying, hey I can stay above 300 MP all the time by using everything at my disposal, but lol at you for doing the same thing. And then you bring up Aspiring things, when you already never run out of MP. What's the point? I'm pretty sure not everything in the game can be Aspired either.

But I guess you fail to read what people type and thought I was just trashing /SCH completely. I never said /SCH was useless, it is better in some circumstances, just not nearly as many as /RDM is now. You get AoE -na's, Erase and Stoneskin? That's great, but Accession also triples the recast. Esuna can be used for a large portion of enfeebles now too, and if an enemy spams AoE enfeebles or damage, Accession is all but useless.

So /SCH gets what? AoE -na's for when Esuna is a no-go and the enemy isn't spamming them. AoE Stoneskin when the enemy can hit multiple targets somehow or another. Good luck keeping that up with triple recast. Celerity Stoneskin and Repose? Really? That ***already casts fast, and you should have a mild-to-intensive amount of Fast Cast and Haste for both spells already.

In regards to spell availability, the importance depends on how you play and who you play with. SCH sub gets some elemental nukes, Drain/Aspir and Sleep/Dispel with Addendum: Black up. RDM sub gets Poison/Blind/Bio1/Bind/Gravity/Sleep/Dispel/Phalanx/Bio2/Refresh and some elemental nukes.

Now, care to try again? /SCH isn't bad, and it's better in some cases. But lose the hard-on for full timing it.
 Cerberus.Evangel
By Cerberus.Evangel 2010-10-17 18:41:42  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
In /SCH's defense,with low man situations like DNC/NIN and WHM, AoE Stoneskin is very useful paired with Fan Dance.
One of a list of things /SCH is better at. Like I said, /SCH isn't useless, but /RDM is better for most things now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-17 18:50:49  
Cerberus.Evangel said:
So what you're saying is... You never run out of MP, so /SCH which is less MP efficient is better for you. 2 charges of 21% fast cast that are also shared with every other Stratagem you use, that take 2 minutes to recharge, are better than a full time 5% fast cast for everything you cast. Sublimation apparently never finishes charging, doesn't take 30 seconds to put it back up after you use it, and doesn't instantly cancel charging if your HP drops below 51%. Also, Poison Potions apparently don't exist either.

If MP isn't an issue, then there's no argument between SCH and RDM, seeing as how RDM is more MP efficient. Use either for that. But really, self Refresh is 150 MP, and costs 40 MP to cast. So it's the exact same as Sublimation if you're casting it on yourself using your math. And seriously, the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE "Convert really?" thing? Saying that about a /RDM is like someone saying "Sublimation really?" to you while subbing /SCH. That was, just beyond stupid, congratulations. It's like saying, hey I can stay above 300 MP all the time by using everything at my disposal, but lol at you for doing the same thing. And then you bring up Aspiring things, when you already never run out of MP. What's the point? I'm pretty sure not everything in the game can be Aspired either.

But I guess you fail to read what people type and thought I was just trashing /SCH completely. I never said /SCH was useless, it is better in some circumstances, just not nearly as many as /RDM is now. You get AoE -na's, Erase and Stoneskin? That's great, but Accession also triples the recast. Esuna can be used for a large portion of enfeebles now too, and if an enemy spams AoE enfeebles or damage, Accession is all but useless.

So /SCH gets what? AoE -na's for when Esuna is a no-go and the enemy isn't spamming them. AoE Stoneskin when the enemy can hit multiple targets somehow or another. Good luck keeping that up with triple recast. Celerity Stoneskin and Repose? Really? That ***already casts fast, and you should have a mild-to-intensive amount of Fast Cast and Haste for both spells already.

In regards to spell availability, the importance depends on how you play and who you play with. SCH sub gets some elemental nukes, Drain/Aspir and Sleep/Dispel with Addendum: Black up. RDM sub gets Poison/Blind/Bio1/Bind/Gravity/Sleep/Dispel/Phalanx/Bio2/Refresh and some elemental nukes.

Now, care to try again? /SCH isn't bad, and it's better in some cases. But lose the hard-on for full timing it.

In abyssea, you can get 15/tick refresh before counting gear, spells, JAs, etc etc... you can LITERALLY, spam cure V and VI at timer, and not have any MP issues. What /SCH gives you is light arts that caps your fastcast, for at least cures, Accession which gives you AoE -na's Cure IV's etc etc, very useful for status ailments, or for 'curagaing' another party, celerity is a MUST for raising a member mid-fight (especially low-man).... I'm not really seeing the argument for /RDM. If you need poison, blind, bio 1/2, bind, gravity, sleep, dispel, phalanx, refresh and nukes, you should probably bring an actual *** RDM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 18:55:52  
Cerberus.Evangel said:
You know Celerity breaks the fast cast cap, right? Also it helps recasts.

If you're full MP, you don't have to use a full charge? And if you aren't you can just use it instantly? Oh no, 30 seconds refresh is better. Only maybe not, cause in that time you need to cast it 2.5 times(Depending on race, obviously)...I can't even bother, this is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. With atmas there really isn't a reason to use refresh unless you're really killing for MP somehow. Sublimation on the other hand takes less than a second to use and if you need it great, if not, oh well?

Addendum: For the few times I'm on BLM, I don't even bother casting refresh on myself. And no I don't get Ballads/refresh/evokers. It's just that pointless.

Poison pots exist for sure, you aren't going to always remember to pop them or you aren't expecting to get hit by Sleep. It's nice to just cancel stoneskin and wake up.

Quote:
You're the one who downplayed aspir, hey I hardly use it too, but as soon as you fight something that has MP it trumps refresh. Changing to Dark arts -> casting aspir -> Light arts doesn't take long lol.

Quote:
I never said AoE stoneskin, that's a waste of a charge.

ITT: Using esuna to cure petrify or silence. Which is funny, I'm all for an aggressive WHM, but you can't stand in range for every fight, it just isn't ideal.

Quote:
10 seconds is fast?

And Celerity repose isn't for the casting time itself, it's for the recast. Didn't really think that would be so hard to figure out.

Quote:
ITT: Poison/Bio1, blind and phalanx are good?

If you need gravity for a fight you wouldn't even be on WHM lol.

Quote:
No.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-17 18:58:50  
I'm actually gonna stop using C5 for curing 200 HP and switch to C6 so maybe I can have these imaginary MP issues.
[+]
First Page 2