users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Kutharei
Kutharei
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-10-13 11:31:55  
I'm looking around for info as to wether or not this nm could be kite killed. wiki has info on all his tp moves but nothing on movespeed or resistances. looking to duo with either Cor & Pup or Rdm & pup with Atma of Ambition. any info would be awesome ^_~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 11:42:41  
Hit me up ingame sometime, I'm sure we could work something out since you're a taru and I love all tarus.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-13 11:45:27  
Didn't try to kite it, but the area doesn't seem very suitable to that type of strategy. It loves to cast GaIV when you get it low on HP, and has some of the nastiest TP moves in the game. Interference and Banneret Charge are pretty much a wipe if it hits either of you in such a low man situation.

You're better off Finding a brick wall with lots of HP. I would say MNK/NIN or PLD/NIN can tank it quite easily, because it winds up coming down to your ability to survive an Interference -> Instant Cast TV combo. At 25%, when it starts using Banneret Charge, it can get messy too. Throatstab-ga + Gravity effect and Hate reset. Same range as Gates of Hades, so you can be ~just~ outside the range of it, and still cast, but that can be equally as bad, if your tank can't get hate back quickly.

Successful Kill with BRD, PLD, SCH, SMN, RDM.

That's about the best I can do for you, from personal experience.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-13 11:54:14  
Are it's nasty TP moves instant or could they be stunned with Stun or Headbutt? For that matter, is it resistant to stun at all? It doesn't sound that bad, just a bit of a ***. If it's throat stabga can be stunned than I can't imagine having any problem killing it.
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-10-13 11:57:53  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Didn't try to kite it, but the area doesn't seem very suitable to that type of strategy. It loves to cast GaIV when you get it low on HP, and has some of the nastiest TP moves in the game. Interference and Banneret Charge are pretty much a wipe if it hits either of you in such a low man situation.

You're better off Finding a brick wall with lots of HP. I would say MNK/NIN or PLD/NIN can tank it quite easily, because it winds up coming down to your ability to survive an Interference -> Instant Cast TV combo. At 25%, when it starts using Banneret Charge, it can get messy too. Throatstab-ga + Gravity effect and Hate reset. Same range as Gates of Hades, so you can be ~just~ outside the range of it, and still cast, but that can be equally as bad, if your tank can't get hate back quickly.

Successful Kill with BRD, PLD, SCH, SMN, RDM.

That's about the best I can do for you, from personal experience.
just the info i was dreading to hear <_>; my linkshell is kinda limited as to what we can kill. no mnks and our only pld isn't quite ready for that kind of challenge. bleh. did your mages encounter any heavy magic resistance? that and it's speed is what im most worried about. if i can keep distance and not be doing 100's on QD it would be worth a shot
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-16 02:03:20  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Are it's nasty TP moves instant or could they be stunned with Stun or Headbutt? For that matter, is it resistant to stun at all? It doesn't sound that bad, just a bit of a ***. If it's throat stabga can be stunned than I can't imagine having any problem killing it.

I know this is late, but you can stun most of it's TP moves, but after 5, it will become 95% resistant to stun, in Jupiter's staff and full Dark Magic equipment.

It wasn't a HARD fight, just weird.

Best strategy is to Brick wall and Nuke it. SCH is particularly effective, since Helix generates minimal hate and provides considerable damage. This is one of those rare fights where PLD not engaging is incredibly helpful, limiting it's TP is critical for a smooth fight, Atonement is resisted heavily anyway.

Aside from Interference and Banneret Charge, no TP move was a threat, Kutharei is also susceptible to all debuffs* and He actually stopped using Interference when he gained access to Banneret Charge(33%), if this was just an unlucky fluke, or specific design, I can't say.

*Saboteur'd Addle + Barspell (Barfire primarily) are a great combo, as most of it's spells can be resisted at that point.

Ignore the idiots on Wikipedia, nuking his elemental affinity and assuming it resists magic heavily. Thunder IV and Ionohelix landed with no more than a 15% damage reduction, which is perfectly reasonable for an NM of this nature.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-16 02:16:37  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ignore the idiots on Wikipedia, nuking his elemental affinity and assuming it resists magic heavily
I lol'd at that. I'm gunna cast one type spell and assume heavy resistance. Hell he should feel lucky to even gotten that 890 average using aero V against a wind/fire mob.
 Fenrir.Dinkydoo
By Fenrir.Dinkydoo 2010-10-16 14:22:26  
ya, i noticed somebody had added that info but then saw that it was Aero getting resisted >_>;