users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Culinarian » cooking synth cheat sheet
cooking synth cheat sheet
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-28 01:03:26  
OK so I have been testing over the past few days and I "think" I have found the system for lining up what time(the little clock bar) you need to perform each synth to a corresponding glow. I have put it into a chart.

A basic example is if you are cooking and you have a white ball and you want to do a standard synth you want the bar 75% full(when it's all yellow thats 100% running out of time is 0%. This is just a basic chart and I was in a rush to do this write up, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Feel free to try it out and let me know your results but so far this system has been flawless for me.

Also this is only for a synth success, I have yet to determine if you can "control" what color ball you are getting and if the ball itself benefits any kinda synth. This chart is simply for success rate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-09-28 11:24:46  
Interesting, I will have to test this sometime.
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-28 11:44:10  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Interesting, I will have to test this sometime.
Thanks, feel free to pass it along to others. I'm hoping we can find this works and potentially be able to find similar patterns to the other types of synths.
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-10-04 01:26:05  
I have only taken my cooking to 9 so far and I have seen something similar.
 Asura.Akili
サーバ: Asura
user: antslug
By Asura.Akili 2010-10-04 06:28:01  
nice idea i havent done cooking but i may try this out on weaving and armorer ill hit u up with results
 Carbuncle.Heithem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2010-10-04 18:20:52  
Testing tonight I post results later
By TonakOfOdin 2010-10-05 03:37:10  
This method seems to be effective. using it as a guideline i was able to zero in on what seems to be the "sweet spot" on the timer bar for each color using the standard synthesis method.

STANDARD SYNTH ONLY

I have mainly used this in weaving but have also used it in Leather crafting and very little in woodworking. using this i get a good result from most of the synth attempts i make.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-10-05 09:28:58  
this works almost perfectly for me...aside from the yellow, ive tried 5-10% several times, and 90% of the time i break, i dunno if im off or what
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-05 10:02:44  
at low lvls i was doing standard/rapid on white and yellow passing on red and multi. now that im little bit higher i do standard on white and multi and pass on yellow and red. for some reason that works for me and i can make items 3 to 4 lvls above my skill. i also think direction and time or whatever effects it. becuase sometimes i cant craft anything not ewven lvls below me.
 Leviathan.Snomm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-10-05 10:44:11  
I'm just going to put this out there and say that I have crafted with all 4 colors, including multi, with all 3 different techniques and will say that, to me, the timer means nothing except that you have about 10 seconds to decide what you plan on doing. As stated by SE, the colors do mean something, but the internal algorithm used determines if you fail or not. You have the highest chance with white, a lower chance with yellow, and the lowest chance with red with multi being quite random. Similarly, you have the highest chance with standard, a lower chance with rapid, and the lowest chance with bold. That is all tied into your crafting level, stats, and elemental resistances. In my honest opinion, the timer has no correlation to success or failure whether you want to believe me or not.
 Leviathan.Snomm
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-10-05 10:51:31  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Thanks, feel free to pass it along to others. I'm hoping we can find this works and potentially be able to find similar patterns to the other types of synths.

If by similar synths you mean the other crafts that employ the same orb system, there is no reason why SE would program the other crafts to be any different since the code already employs your stats and elemental resistances as well as orb color. Separate coding for all the synths would be a time-sink and a waste. I have done 4 different crafts, employing the same techniques for each and have found that they are all the same in terms of success and failure rate without even paying attention to the timer.
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-05 11:24:28  
yea and gear helps alot on crafting so if you want a better chance at making items and not breaking them. i would buy some crafting gear.