Guide For Upgrading AF (NIN)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Guide for upgrading AF (NIN)
Guide for upgrading AF (NIN)
First Page 2 3 4
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 09:11:01  
So, I've been working on this since Scars came out basically. And have probably wasted 40-50 stones on it. Gonna post some info here that might make it easier for other people upgrading NIN.

This guide will not be complete as I post it. I will add more info as I come by it.

If anyone have additional info to what I'm gonna post here, please share.

Feet:

Required items: iga kyahan, iga seal: feet x8

Magician trial: 4208

Result:

The seals

The seals can be obtained in two different ways. Either by killing the NM Lord Varney, he has a chance of dropping 0-2 seals. According to wiki the NM Pascerpot also drops the seals, I have seen this NM been duo/trio by mages. Or by doing the quest Aqua Puraga. The quest is repeatable once every game day, and has a chance to reward you with a seal (Either NIN, COR, BLM, PUP or DNC), it seems to be all random if you get a seal as reward and what seal it will be. If you can get the people for it, I suggest doing both the quest and the NM simultaniuosly.

Obtaining iga kyahan

These can be found in high tier gold chests in Abyssea - Vunkerl.

Upgrading to iga kyahan +2

info about this coming soon

Legs:

Required items: iga hakama, iga seal: legs x8

Magician trial: 4188

Result:

The seals

The seals for the legs can also be obtained by either killing the NM Athamas or by doing the repeatable quest Wanted: Medical Supplies. Again if you have the people for it, I suggest mixing the quest with killing the NM.

Obtaining iga hakama

They are bought with Resistance credits from bastion prefect in abyssea - vunkerl. They cost 1000 credits.

Upgrading to iga hakama +2

Head

Required items: iga zukin, iga seal: head

Magician trial: 4168

Result:

The seals

So far the only info I've been able to get is that they drop from 2 different NM's in abyssea - attowha, Amun and Blazing Eruca. But I would assume there should be some quest as well that will reward you with the head seals.

Obtaining iga zukin

The basic head piece can be bought for 20000 cruor at the cruor prospector in abyssea - vunkerl.

Upgrading to iga zukin +2

[+]
 Ragnarok.Calif
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-09-17 09:38:10  
Excellent info!

Thanks very much for sacrificing your stones in pursuit of this, and good luck on the rest of your upgrades.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 09:54:24  
Thanks. I wish I had known all this when I started, so I wouldnt have to waste all that time and stones just doing random quests and hope to get the seals.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-17 09:59:41  
Killer man, I'll let my NIN friends know. Glad we have eachother to help us out, since wiki is sorta fail right now. Great job.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:02:48  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Killer man, I'll let my NIN friends know. Glad we have eachother to help us out, since wiki is sorta fail right now. Great job.

Yea I've been updating wiki like crazy as well the past days lol. Not a lot of people seem to care for nin, that includes SE D:
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-17 10:13:40  
the +2s come from the zone NMs that require key items to pop -- usually the big ones you see in the CS when you enter the zone for the first time.

Legs require Stone of Balance, which comes from Cirein-Croin in Abyssea - Misaraeux. Feet require Card of Voyage, which comes from Bukhis in Abyssea - Vunkerl. Head requires Coin of Vision, which comes from something in Abyssea - Attohwa. Not sure what yet, though.
 Phoenix.Maeya
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2010-09-17 10:23:17  
This is awesome, you rock!

Yeah, I've also wasted aloooot of time, exp, and stones trying to get this stuff. It's left me feeling rather deflated about Ninja!
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-17 10:29:59  
zanno, if you could, when info comes across the wire, van you make sure to edit the op plz. =D
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-17 10:33:21  
Now go try DRK/WAR prease. >_>b
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-17 10:33:58  
I'm interested in seeing how iga kyahan +2 Enhances "Utsusemi" effect. 5 shadows?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:34:04  
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
zanno, if you could, when info comes across the wire, van you make sure to edit the op plz. =D

Sure will do. In between stupid grass quest and other events and all. I'll make sure to update as much as I can :D

I've also asked Aly if she is willing to help me make the OP look better by adding tables and such to it, since I suck at it and have no clue on how to make it work ^^
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:35:44  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I'm interested in seeing how iga kyahan +2 Enhances "Utsusemi" effect. 5 shadows?

I'm 3 seals away from knowing =P

Let you all know what I find if I can just get the stupid seals. As of now I have 0 stones, and about 20 banked minutes. So I have no choice but to enter, talk to high bear, run his stupid errands and hurry out again ><
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-17 10:36:44  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Let you all know what I find if I can just get the stupid seals. As of now I have 0 stones, and about 20 banked minutes. So I have no choice but to enter, talk to high bear, run his stupid errands and hurry out again ><
I was on NIN last night and I'm not sure if this is new, but when you put Utsusemi up it has a counter (I know that part isn't new) but when you put up Ni it says what I think is "4+" on the counter...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:37:55  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

I was on NIN last night and I'm not sure if this is new, but when you put Utsusemi up it has a counter (I know that part isn't new) but when you put up Ni it says what I think is "4+" on the counter...

yeah, they added that awhile ago. I think when they raise lv cap to 80.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-17 10:41:28  
it was added longer ago than that I think, but we're just now noticing I think cuz of StatusTimer being in the way lol.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:43:15  
I'm also curious about augments innin, I already love innin the few times I'm able to use it.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-17 10:45:55  
Maybe you guys are misunderstanding me... I know they added the counter a long *** time ago. What I'm seeing is when you put up Ni it looks like it says "4+" not "4". Then again, that might just be the Utsusemi icon graphic playing with my imagination.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-17 10:57:15  
Nah it def have a "+" on it, maybe they will indeed add a 5th shadow, that would be awesome :)
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-17 11:09:00  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:

Yea I've been updating wiki like crazy as well the past days lol. Not a lot of people seem to care for nin, that includes SE D:

Very true :(

But really I think nin has probably one of the best AF3 sets so far so we at least didn't get screwed on that ^^
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-17 11:14:02  
I don't want to start talking about other jobs and listing their gear here, but I don't really think you can say NIN got the best AF3 set. All of the sets are pretty freakin awesome for every job.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-09-17 11:17:17  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I don't want to start talking about other jobs and listing their gear here, but I don't really think you can say NIN got the best AF3 set. All of the sets are pretty freakin awesome for every job.

yeah i know but god all that haste just on 3 pieces and dual wield on head super attack speed go :P
By Devaraja 2010-09-17 12:23:54  
I've heard the quest 'Refuel and Replenish' in Attohwa gives NIN seals. Tried doing it the other night, but it's a bit difficult finding a martello under 90%. :/

I'm gonna try spamming it in conjunction with Blazing Eruca. Will let you know if I find anything!
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-09-17 16:32:40  
That 4+ on the utsusemi icon has been there since they added it... and extra shadow is deffinelty viable with it although it could just be removing the hate loss with it... Personally the most epic thing it could be for me is it blocking attacks it normally wouldnt (ie -ga spells) but im sure that will remain a dream lol.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-09-17 17:52:49  
ThE quest did the seals looks lame...
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-09-17 19:44:58  
Just killed Blazing Eruca duo with 80RNG/SAM + 80SCH/RDM. It was pretty easy, I'd go as far as saying I think RNG/SAM(And more jobs... I'm sure of that.) could probably solo it.

When I entered the zone I had 44 mins, by the time we killed then NM and warped I had 19 mins. Mind you this was both of our first attempt at any NM in Abys - Attohwa so we really didn't know if there was a close conflux, or really even how to get to the ???(Due to wiki's fail-ness).

Once we had Blazing Eruca up, we run a little bit more north by a pretty large rock that also has a small rock beside it. As Rng/sam I was able to kite it fine with trotters.(Could do it w/o movement speed I would think.)

Each time Third eye was up(was full timing Seigan) I could shoot a RA. The SCH/RDM was keep helix's up most were doing in the 200~300 DMG range! I believe Bliz 4 also did around 1.2k. This NM does have VERY high eva though, I missed 4 Slug shots in a row at one point With full marksmanship merits.

Make sure you are running out of range from Firaga IV, This is the only real thing that can cause a problem, but with any movement speed at all I had no trouble at all getting out of range, although if you do happen to get hit it did around 1,3000 DMG to me with x2Merman's Rings on.

I should of frap'd it, but I was almost sure we would wipe... was glad to find out how easy it really was :D! Also got my first Iga seal: Head!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-18 06:02:41  
Tips when doing the quest Aqua Puraga:
Quote:
#

* Note: You only need to visit at most 2 sites. Visit one and return to High Bear, all 3 options will be from one site. Check that site if you hadn't already and return.

# Return to High Bear (A) and report on your findings. He will ask what you observed, and give several options. Choose the option that matches an observation at one of the sites.

* North Watergrass (E-5)
o "A curious yellowish powder clings to the leaves..." Yellow powder
o "The massive footprints of an unidentified beast adorn the soil..." Footprints
o "The leaves are slimy to the touch..." Slimy
* Middle Watergrass (G-10)
o "The leaves are covered with beads of rainwater..." Rainwater
o "The leaves are coated with a thin layer of what appears to be gunpowder..." Gunpowder
o "A curious liquid oozes from the plant's stalk..." A curious ooze
* South Watergrass (F-13)
o "A thin layer of ash coats the leaves..." Ashen-coat
o "Foul, decaying fruit hangs from a withered branch..." Rotten fruit
o "The soil exudes a malodorous stench..." Malodorous

Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-19 09:45:35  

Took awhile.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:50:33  
CG Zanno!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-19 09:52:21  
Thanks. About damn time. I had 0 stones and 6 minutes in bank when I finally got my last seal. If I hadn't gotten it I would have had to wait another 10 hours or so for a new stone
 Phoenix.Maeya
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Maeya
By Phoenix.Maeya 2010-09-20 06:38:39  
Athamas was pretty easy. Killed him with 8 of us. He dropped Ninja Seals on both deaths iirc!

Blazing Eruca wasn't too bad, pretty easy with a party of 5. I was a little worried as I was kiting on Ninja, and I've never done that before, but it was fine. Wearing the Nin AF feet (+25% speed) made it miles easier. Killed him 3x and no seals though ; ;
First Page 2 3 4