users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Gear
Gear
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-09-16 23:56:05  
Okay.. so, I just replaced my Tumbler trunks with lancer legs +1... so my question is.. with the set given below.. should I buy a Vulcan's ring and keep with more str, or should I replace the DEX I lost with Jupiters ring? The stingray is the +10% ws dmg one... FYI
Let me know peeps! :)

Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-16 23:59:16  
how do crits factor into your ws?
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-09-17 00:00:21  
I wouldn't "buy" any rings since most of them you can get from a quest or chest for free and will probably be outdated next update. Also what ws? Drakesbane I'm assuming. As far as your gear goes I'm not entirely sure but imo I would go w/ the str since you're probably pretty close to acc and crit hit cap.
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-09-17 00:00:28  
Using Drakesbane?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-17 00:39:53  
***is situational. If you don't know enemy AGI, just go with the STR.
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-17 11:16:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
***is situational. If you don't know enemy AGI, just go with the STR.

The game has indeed changed quite a bit. The old DEX builds were mainly targetted against Greater Colibri, then it was 'thought' that nearly all mobs were of Colibri degree except: Einherjar/Dynamis Xarcabard/Dream World Zones.

That ideally isn't true however, so the entire "117 Dex" zone, or whichever it was is fairly outdated. Your set up is pretty good, I'd say upgrade to Vulcans, and or of course Strigoi <3. You could always give it a shot and try to FOV your Flame Ring, maybe you'll get lucky and get a decent stat.