users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Perle vs AF3+2
Perle vs AF3+2
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-15 11:18:55  
Has anyone ran the numbers yet on how close they may be to each other? Obviously it's amazing, but any idea on what the overall improvement will be?

Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 11:21:11  
It's at least 2% haste over full perle so Id say Mix and Match AF3+2 beats Perle. Also DRG AF3+2 has a lot of attack/acc/good stuff.

Edit: Also say you have either dusk+1 or Timarli Hands Perle gets blown away even more.

Do want! I was gonna list Lancer's Mantle but this is already 26% Haste

I guess I could take off the rose strap though for pole.

Also sorry if I didnt specify but the Stingray+1 is Store TP
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-15 11:35:49  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
It's at least 2% haste over full perle so Id say Mix and Match AF3+2 beats Perle. Also DRG AF3+2 has a lot of attack/acc/good stuff.

Edit: Also say you have either dusk+1 or Timarli Hands Perle gets blown away even more.

You could sell your Blitz Ring for an even 25% Haste :)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 11:36:44  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

You could sell your Blitz Ring for an even 25% Haste :)

You need 26% to fully cap your haste I've always thought otherwise you would end up at 24.xxx% Due to the way the game calculates it.

Edit sorry I meant 24.xxx% x being a random variable
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-09-15 11:38:26  
With the new AF3 it's possible to hit the haste cap if you mix and match, so go for that. Full perle will no longer be the best set (thank God!!)

The set Skarwind posted is definitely something to aim for, or if you don't feel like doing Salvage for the Ares body, you could try getting your hands on Wyrm Mail+1, which would also put you at 26% haste.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-15 11:39:01  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
You need 26% to fully cap your haste I've always thought otherwise you would end up at 24.xxx% Due to the way the game calculates it.

:x my bad. Totally didn't know that!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 11:40:49  
You could hit haste cap on drg before af3. And full perle wasn't the best before either.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-09-15 11:42:00  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Haste is a pain in the *** like that xD
Excited person - "I added 1% haste!"

Math person - "That's cool but if you're between this tier of x and y haste its worthless to add unless you break the y cap and become between y and z!"

Formerly excited - "I hate you."
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-09-15 11:48:37  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

Haste is a pain in the *** like that xD
Excited person - "I added 1% haste!"

Math person - "That's cool but if you're between this tier of x and y haste its worthless to add unless you break the y cap and become between y and z!"

Formerly excited - "I hate you."
Lol'd. And am probably going to cry in a minute. brb checking my PLD haste set....
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-15 11:49:10  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
You could hit haste cap on drg before af3. And full perle wasn't the best before either.

It was even if you did have Dusk+1, only fell behind if you needed the slots for 5hit. DRG AF3 does beat it though.

Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-15 11:49:18  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

AF3 let's DRG cap haste while rocking a 5-hit build though. ***'s sexy as hell.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-09-15 11:50:48  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

AF3 let's DRG cap haste while rocking a 5-hit build though. ***'s sexy as hell.

I was considering trading blitz for the mantle but whats the point? Vulcans Ring 6 STR Versus Foragers 3 STR 15 Attack during the TP Phase, common sense there. Im seriously thinking S/E might boost the haste cap again tbh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 11:52:04  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
It was even if you did have Dusk+1, only fell behind if you needed the slots for 5hit. DRG AF3 does beat it though.
Well yeah obviously. Just saying it was possible and full perle wasn't that hot
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-15 11:52:29  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
you would end up at 24.xxx% Due to the way the game calculates it. Edit sorry I meant 24.xxx% x being a random variable

True, but it's actually that the Haste given by pieces are a slight decimal lower than what it says in the description. The decimal value varies from piece to piece though. Though if you're not really getting around .6 Haste you'd probably be better off with something else, like even 1fSTR.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-15 15:50:03  
Ay, I def know about the haste caps. My question was more in relation to fSTR with Perle vs. fSTR with AF3+2.

Basically that 2% haste, vs what Perle can provide.

In anycase, have the formulas for Spirit Jump and Soul Jump been found out yet? We seem to be getting a hefty amount of VIT+ gear, however, Jump is fairly outdated unless our little dragon is dead.

So any ideas regarding that?

As far as using bullwhip belt also, I think Goading is still pretty much King for what we DRGs want. Regardless of that 2% haste loss from bullwhip, you also lose out on a ton of HP, and Resistances that can actually mean quite a bit.

Dead DD < Live DD.

Other than that though, the idea of +26% Haste does sound rather nice, it's def noticeable when you hit the 23-24%~ area.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-09-15 16:18:24  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well yeah obviously. Just saying it was possible and full perle wasn't that hot

Perle was and still is a good set. More so on jobs like Drk and Drg, where it was the same haste with more attack,dex,str, and acc than most HomanX3 + Turban setups. Numbers would lean to the Homam setup with Dusk+1 hands, but still Perle is a beast of a setup in Acc capped situations. Which at 85 now, is most situations.

I can't wait to see all of the AF3+2 stats though. ^^ I hate looking like a storm trooper.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 16:23:39  
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Perle was and still is a good set. More so on jobs like Drk and Drk .
What about drk?

/trollface
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-09-15 16:27:51  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
Perle was and still is a good set. More so on jobs like Drk and Drk .
What about drk? /trollface

lol nice catch....
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-15 18:50:35  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:

In this case it's 24.61%, so 0.39% from Blitz. It should still be better than Vulcan's/Strigoi with proper buffs, but not by nearly as much as if you were getting the full benefit.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2010-09-15 18:56:10  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Resistances that can actually mean quite a bit
Resistance means nothing unless you are stacking resist gear.

With all the new gear being released to our mages, as well as the new addition of Carol songs. Somethings do require a little more than "ZOMGZERGIT". Considering most things only require 200-220~ some WHM's reach high 120-140 just by 1 bar. Add in a Carol II~ I'd say your set.

But subtract that -75, then yeah it wouldn't matter much.

Strigoi is king I feel. Screw 1% haste, or .39% whichever, +6 STR +3 Attack, +the Attacl from the STR, yeah that's solid enough to replace w/e goes on there for a DRG.

Anyways thanks for the reply, I think I found my answer inbetween the lines of what types of things do need to be equiped along with that sexy little AF3+2, thanks fellas.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-15 18:59:35  
Ragnarok.Amador said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
Resistances that can actually mean quite a bit
Resistance means nothing unless you are stacking resist gear.

With all the new gear being released to our mages, as well as the new addition of Carol songs. Somethings do require a little more than "ZOMGZERGIT". Considering most things only require 200-220~ some WHM's reach high 120-140 just by 1 bar. Add in a Carol II~ I'd say your set.

But subtract that -75, then yeah it wouldn't matter much.

Strigoi is king I feel. Screw 1% haste, or .39% whichever, +6 STR +3 Attack, +the Attacl from the STR, yeah that's solid enough to replace w/e goes on there for a DRG.

Anyways thanks for the reply, I think I found my answer inbetween the lines of what types of things do need to be equiped along with that sexy little AF3+2, thanks fellas.
Have you ever considered macroing out your TP gear for MDT/MDB in such situations? I don't see your point, you shouldn't be getting hit by such things in your TP gear.

As for Strigoi vs Blitz, see above.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-15 19:00:47  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Have you ever considered macroing out your TP gear for MDT/MDB in such situations?
Stop making sense
[+]