Thaumaturge

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Thaumaturge » Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 20:28:26  
So I want to be a Thaumaturge at retail, What level would you say would be a good idea to get Conjurer to as a good support for it?

Does THM get cure on its own?

From what it seems this job will become a necromancer esque job, so that's what I'm trying to build my character around.
By Zekko 2010-09-12 20:30:52  
THM gets a decent cure(healing like 120hp) but CONJ is a lot better(heals like 260) Though THM can use sacrafice to heal allies, but that might not be too good in certain situations.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-12 20:32:51  
How is it necromancer-esque? I haven't seen anything to make me think that.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 20:35:22  
Zekko said:
THM gets a decent cure(healing like 120hp) but CONJ is a lot better(heals like 260) Though THM can use sacrafice to heal allies, but that might not be too good in certain situations.

Ok, cheers. I'll level up Conjurer along side it in that case.
Fairy.Spence said:

The entire lore about them. and they have abilities that are blood rites and a move called sacrifice which sacrifices HP to heal other members of the party.

The entire story is them trying to talk to the dead and being unable.
By Zekko 2010-09-12 20:37:35  
Yes i will probably roll CONJ, its quite good at soloing and nuking is fun. The melee classes bore me. Time for bed anyway zzzzz
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-12 20:38:27  
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:

Fairy.Spence said:

The entire lore about them. and they have abilities that are blood rites and a move called sacrifice which sacrifices HP to heal other members of the party.

Ah, I'd love to be able to raise the dead ~
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 20:42:07  
Fairy.Spence said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:

Fairy.Spence said:

Well in the story you ask them if it would be possible to talk to the dead and they basically tell you that it's impossible 'currently' which makes me think that they know something. The entire culture of the Thaumaturge is based around death too.

"The guild is centered at the Arrzaneth Ossuary in Ul’dah, within whose hallowed halls are said to reside powers of life, death, and the beyond."

The basic premise is that everyone dies, and that we should wield the power of death.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 20:42:49  
Fairy.Spence said:
Flionheart said:
Zekko said:

Fairy.Spence said:

My main character in Guild wars could do that lol, you could have Bone fiends and Bone minions and swarm an enemy with them, they were called Minion Masters XD
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 20:44:02  

If it doesn't happen in XIV, look forward to it in Guild Wars 2 lol.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 14:06:30  
GW2 Necro/RNG FTW
By Zekko 2010-09-26 14:19:46  
Funnily enough GW2 is looking better than XIV. Though we'll see XD
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-26 14:20:23  
Zekko said:
Funnily enough GW2 is looking better than XIV. Though we'll see XD

play both, GW doesnt require near as much time and its free past the initial payment for the game itself.
By Flionheart 2010-09-26 14:29:57  
I'll be playing both guild wars 2 and XIV, like I played XI and Guild wars 1.

Also touch rangers are cheap as hell.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [149 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Eriina
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Eriina
By Caitsith.Eriina 2011-02-22 03:24:05  
I just started playing as THM. I like all the early debuffs so far.
By aginor86 2011-02-22 05:17:57  
i have CONJ up to 50 was orginally my main. just took THM to 48 i find using THM for nms and such fights with cure 3 sac 3 is really good imo the aoe cone for THM is perfect for those fights if you dont have that many healers.
By jdcho99 2011-02-22 07:31:34  
Zekko said:

Sacrifice is superior to Cure. Any rank 50 Thm will tell you that. initial heal does about the same amount as cure III and then you get the additional HoT affect. not sure of the exact numbers, ask a R50 THM for the numbers though. Either way you'll wanna rank up both THM and CON so you can have all the abilities.