Mictlantecuhtli
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 08:09:02  
Wiki says this thing rage after 60min..
Anybody noticed it rage before that?
Just fought this and we get slow/para resisted pretty quickly, and my gekkos did nowhere what they did last time, even from the very start of the fight..
After 30min it was totally impossible to land slow/para and melee-hits did 0 dmg..
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 08:17:34  
could have possibly been it went unclaimed and rage timer was still active? (idk how long the rage timers in abyssea NMs work, but i heard Ovni's dmg reduc if built up by 1 alliance, carries over to another until it actually dies)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 08:18:29  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
could have possibly been it went unclaimed and rage timer was still active? (idk how long the rage timers in abyssea NMs work, but i heard Ovni's dmg reduc if built up by 1 alliance, carries over to another until it actually dies)

We wiped, it regened 1 tic and another group claimed it and killed it fairly quick, no issues at all =/
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-06 08:22:46  
/shrug I'm lost then, sorry that was all I had :(
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-09-06 08:49:58  
Ovnis dmg reduction can't be compared to a rage status. We fought Mic for like 50 minutes last time cuz we failed and it didn't rage. Oh and btw you don't have to wait for a NM to regen 1 tic so it loses rage. Hate list needs to be cleared is all.
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-09-06 08:50:57  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Wiki says this thing rage after 60min..
Anybody noticed it rage before that?
Just fought this and we get slow/para resisted pretty quickly, and my gekkos did nowhere what they did last time, even from the very start of the fight..
After 30min it was totally impossible to land slow/para and melee-hits did 0 dmg..

Did you trigger any !! at all? Red !! have been known to rage the mob on occasions
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-06 09:35:02  
I'm relatively certain triggering the same Color "!!" more than once has a chance to make it go apeshit.

If it wasn't that, Then I couldn't explain it either... no NM I can think of has a random rage timer, its always set in stone from point of claim o-o;
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 10:03:42  
I didnt see any !!, all I did on it was gekkos with my mule and we did some nukes like we usually do >_<
Fought it like this before without this happening D:
Is there any chance the ability/spell that trigger the !! change between fights?
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-09-06 10:12:56  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I didnt see any !!, all I did on it was gekkos with my mule and we did some nukes like we usually do >_<
Is there any chance the ability/spell that trigger the !! change between fights?

Yes, weakness changes every fight (confirmed by an npc in the area). Not enough is known about weaknesses to know if its completely random or from a set list of abilities, but the !! is very hard to spot sometimes because it disappears if you gear change a lot
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 10:14:59  
Hades.Eliane said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Yes, weakness changes every fight (confirmed by an npc in the area). Not enough is known about weaknesses to know if its completely random or from a set list of abilities, but the !! is very hard to spot sometimes because it disappears if you gear change a lot

Ah, ouch.. Guess I'll use blinkmenot next time then >_<
I suppose it might have been gekko that *** us over or something..
 Asura.Sanity
サーバ: Asura
user: Sanity
By Asura.Sanity 2010-09-06 10:34:50  
I know Red "!!"'s Can only be triggered by Elemental Weaponskills.

Yellow/green can only be triggered by Magic(?)

And Blue can only be triggered by Non-elemental WS(?)

I Think, Its on the Wiki page, Im certain of the Red !!, but yellow/blue i may have mixed up.

Either way, Triggering them more than once has a chance to rage it, so its good to look out, And if i recall its only 1 of the above each fight...

For instance, if Gekko Causes the Blue !!, then ONLY Gekko will do so, SO you can switch to Kasha and safely use it the rest of the fight.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-06 10:36:52  
Gonna fight these kind of nms with blinkmenot from now on then, to make sure I dont miss the !!s >_<