フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Titan » Trying to make gear static
Trying to make gear static
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-05 16:54:35  
Im lookin for half a handfull of ppl to make a gear static

We will start off getting ws gorgets for ppl who still needs it.
Work onr the vnms rings (str+6 atk+ and dex6 acc+ among others)
Getting kitty pants
Sea torque
etc etc

basically we just gonna run for getting better gear each weekend

72+ is a must

We have so far:
war80
drg80 or thf80
nin80
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-05 17:00:38  
Join a linkshell?
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-09-05 17:23:49  
Just get a sick rdm
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-05 17:28:59  
I don't mean to be an *** but to do the stuff you listed especially with a lower group, you'll be looking less at jobs like WAR and NIN and more jobs like RDM, BLM and SCH. With the advent of Abyssea exp and such, it isn't too hard to get a new 75-80; so maybe I am being an ***, but a constructive ***.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-09-05 17:30:38  
You're being a mithra ***.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-05 17:31:56  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
You're being a mithra ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-05 17:41:56  
Well I'd argue that's perfectly acceptable >:3
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-07 04:06:45  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Join a linkshell?
all ready in a couple but
1: they either all have done this and got the stuff
or they are really not up to the challenge for it

example:
1. war runs around in full perle. except head cause she does not like the look. that a lost of 8%haste and 5str 5vit.
when she is sam,r she used gear that are worse then perle. even though she has it.
When we pt in cape she can't get hate off me even thoug i delay my ws to go after hers. I had hate 98% of the time as war against her sam.

2. another war runs around in full perle except pants. There he uses barone coscial instead because of the str.
both in tp and ws.
he really sacrifces 7% haste 5dec 5 vit and 10acc to get str2 from the pants.
AND
baron coscial at the time was at 80k. royal kingdom..something was at 20k and has str2 and dex+2
since he is not drg the jump tp bonus is waste.

and these are player tht have played for yes.
im yet to celebrate my first game anniversary.

so im kinda in the middle of people who allready got the gear.
or is... well not up for the task in my opion (yes you might call my elitist b#stard for that).
besides i wish to make it a static so i dont have to gather new people for it all the time.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I don't mean to be an *** but to do the stuff you listed especially with a lower group, you'll be looking less at jobs like WAR and NIN and more jobs like RDM, BLM and SCH. With the advent of Abyssea exp and such, it isn't too hard to get a new 75-80; so maybe I am being an ***, but a constructive ***.

Not beeing an ***. Input very much aprreciated.
i might have a pretty good Taru friend with RDM80 BLM80 WHM80 DRG80 and she is taking up SCH atm.
She is just more casual player and not that dedicated into gear. but she do a really great job.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-07 04:11:59  
i'm having a hard time distinguishing between "gear static" and "linkshell"
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-07 08:32:17  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Do you have a hard time distinguishing between "nuzyl static" and "linkshell" ?
If you could better inform me whereas the term brings you problems in you understanding, i might better help you in comprehending it, with a explanation better targeted at your understanding.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2010-09-07 09:37:53  
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
example:
1. war runs around in full perle. except head cause she does not like the look. that a lost of 8%haste and 5str 5vit.
when she is sam,r she used gear that are worse then perle. even though she has it.
When we pt in cape she can't get hate off me even thoug i delay my ws to go after hers. I had hate 98% of the time as war against her sam.

2. another war runs around in full perle except pants. There he uses barone coscial instead because of the str.
both in tp and ws.
he really sacrifces 7% haste 5dec 5 vit and 10acc to get str2 from the pants.
AND
baron coscial at the time was at 80k. royal kingdom..something was at 20k and has str2 and dex+2
since he is not drg the jump tp bonus is waste.

and these are player tht have played for yes.

Sounds like your friends are morons o.O
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-07 13:12:51  
Cerberus.Kaht said:

Sounds like your friends are morons o.O

Exactly my problem.

im either with ppl who at good player but kinda done all that i need to do.
or ppl just not.. up to the task

Hence why i try to gather ppl by every possible way.

even my first mentor in game told my that war only needs to stack str. Haste was useless in his opinion

Luckily another guy took my under his wings and tried to teach me the real game mechanics... and now im such a geaer wh#re >.<
[+]
 Titan.Radatz
user: Radatz
By Titan.Radatz 2010-09-07 19:58:17  
wow your first mentor sounds like he is made of failure :O
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-08 04:32:23  
no you have to understand his ws hit gave LOTSA dmg.
Didn't matter he was a unhasted 9hit/build . you can 'tsee those numbers in game, but ws dmg are readable and bragable. and that make you a better war...
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 04:38:08  
umm 9 hit war? wth lol I dont think I could 9hit if i TRIED....
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-08 05:09:15  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
umm 9 hit war? wth lol I dont think I could 9hit if i TRIED....

Maybe he was a dual wield axe WAR/nin. He'd get around 11 and some change TP per attack phase. This would take 10 attack rounds w/o a previous WS in order to get 100 TP. If he had used rampage, then he'd only need 9 attack phases to get 100 tp at that point. Technically this is an 18 hit build though... since it takes 18 actual hits to get 100 tp instead of 9 attack rounds.

That being said, I'd help you out if you were on Siren, Gaia. I barely do anything except help random strangers nowdays anyways, but its a shame you're on another server.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-08 05:56:59  
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Do you have a hard time distinguishing between "nuzyl static" and "linkshell" ? If you could better inform me whereas the term brings you problems in you understanding, i might better help you in comprehending it, with a explanation better targeted at your understanding.
When I say, "Join a linkshell" Linkshell = event shell that does events targeting gear people are after, i.e. Sky, Dynamis, Sea, etc. Which is also basically what a "gear static" is, lol. And I do mean an established shell you shouldn't have to struggle in to accomplish things.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-08 06:21:12  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Titan.Gaiarorshack said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Do you have a hard time distinguishing between "nuzyl static" and "linkshell" ? If you could better inform me whereas the term brings you problems in you understanding, i might better help you in comprehending it, with a explanation better targeted at your understanding.
When I say, "Join a linkshell" Linkshell = event shell that does events targeting gear people are after, i.e. Sky, Dynamis, Sea, etc. Which is also basically what a "gear static" is, lol. And I do mean an established shell you shouldn't have to struggle in to accomplish things.
Joining a linkshell means waiting in line for other people that you don't necessarily care about to get items so that you can then lot on said items. With a lowman static, you clear events quickly and are pretty much guaranteed to be excited about any drop because it's going to (hopefully) a friend and that drop will have more of an impact on the performance of a smaller group. Just my take on things; I tend to find large "event" linkshells (large being any group that can consistently field an alliance by my standards, which is pretty typical of said event shells) prone to cliques and general mediocrity since there's always 5 other bodies that can pick up the slack. I'd rather run with a small group of close friends.

Don't take this the wrong way, but somebody with only a DD job at 80 isn't going to contribute much to a lowman group, especially a pure DD job like WAR that doesn't efficiently double as a tank. There are too many lowman situations that favor manaburns or combining the tanking and DD roles in a way that you may not be able to fill, especially if you lack strong defensive sets.
[+]
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2010-09-08 06:30:54  
Cerberus.Quipto said:

The problems exactly that the Event LS's so far ppl allready have gotten kitty pants etc etc. so they are running other stuff.
and are running mostly on US time. which is ok for me in the weeknds but not on normal days.
And then there is the issues as Nightfyre brings up
i prefer going around with a dedicated group

But i have finally found a EU based Sky and vnms ls that i hope i get accepted into.