users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Carabosse Not Using Benediction
Carabosse Not Using Benediction
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-23 11:17:11  
My LS was doing Carabosse last night and it never used Benediction. Killed and got full drops minus key item and atma. We were trying to trigger "!!" with different spells/ws so I was wondering if something we did caused her to not 2 hour. Just posting here in case anyone else has had a similar experience. Nobody noticed any "!!," however she did start taking significantly less damage as if she had used Benediction (without the hp recovery). She also started changing seasons, but I believe she still only used her arrow attacks as she kept knocking my RNG back over and over again. The only WS I tried were Coronach, Trueflight, Numbing Shot, and Detonator. Only strange thing I noticed was Trueflight pulled a lot of hate even though it did only like 9 damage.
 Caitsith.Enygma
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-24 22:55:03  
I noticed some VNMs doing this lately too, was doing pug in east ronf and he didn't mighty strikes once, yet he usually does every 20%... not once lol 0 recoil dives lol

I think maybe something screwy with programming on certain monster's 2hours after patch.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-08-25 06:55:04  
Caitsith.Enygma said:
I noticed some VNMs doing this lately too, was doing pug in east ronf and he didn't mighty strikes once, yet he usually does every 20%... not once lol 0 recoil dives lol

I think maybe something screwy with programming on certain monster's 2hours after patch.

In my experience this has been the case since VNM was introduced to the game. It's been a while since I did VNMs now, but it may have something to do with them being "true" or not, idk, speculating. But yeah, I have had several T2 VNMs not using 2hr at all.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-25 06:57:42  
Caitsith.Enygma said:

This happened to me once, but it was a long time ago now.