users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Absolute Virtues
Absolute Virtues
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-19 02:03:40  
Xenhas AV is not meant to be easily defeated by any means. A group on my server dealt with all this but they werent able to kill it fast enough. And btw yes they are Light based spells.
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-19 02:06:09  
Sylph.Sindri said:
Xenhas AV is not meant to be defeated by any means

ftfy

SE just needs to give out the *** clues already. And Bhaflau Remnants pops while theyre at it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 02:37:28  
If AV was meant to be defeated it wouldn't be patched every time it is defeat or looks like it might be.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-19 03:35:51  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
If AV was meant to be defeated it wouldn't be patched every time it is defeat or looks like it might be.
The problem is, there is obviously a super secret "correct" method to defeat it. The ways the player base have defeated it or attempted too were unforeseen methods of its original design. At least that is the only reason I can think of that they've patched it so many times. I don't really think SE made the NM, which technically by the games rules should be able to be killed and has drops, purposely unkillable. I think they are being pretty lame keeping the correct kill method secret though. Only once did they give a very vague hint about it that was well over a year ago and nothing since.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:45:48  
I think the super secret method is being an SE employee. Remember they beat the old version. And it took them like 16 hours. I honestly don't think they mean for it to be killed
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-19 03:48:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I honestly don't think they mean for it to be killed
Sadly I have to agree. =( I'm sure they figure if they eliminate enough incorrect ways we'll eventually figure out the correct way... >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:52:51  
Yeah one day someone is gunna be like wait what if we use ever pet with ever possible name at it... and then boom that works.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-12-19 07:54:49  
It would make sense to have an unkillable monster in the game, without actually disclosing that it's unkillable. The genius behind this is that there is still a reason to keep us die hard fanatics coming back for more. The ultimate player, having done everything else, still has that one last stone to turn. By not beating AV, SE is just keeping the oldest players interested in the game. Psychology and Marketing, they're one and the same.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dracionx
サーバ: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2009-12-19 19:35:25  
18 puppetmasters, has this been tried yet?

you can't say it won't work! if you havne't tried it!
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-20 22:13:51  
does Penance have a noticeable effect on AV?
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-12-20 22:18:21  
You need 18 Galka PUP with all different subjobs, fighting on Watersday with New Moon 72% and spamming annoying /em macros like "Come forth my Puppeteer companion! Strike my foe down!"

While half of the other Galka do /dance emotions.

Note: All of them must be in subligars and ringing Christmas bells.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dracionx
サーバ: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2009-12-21 09:18:42  

But those Galka's need a galkan sausage in there bazaar
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-21 10:13:51  
Cerberus.Dracionx said:

Anyone tried 18 Ninja's doing timed Mijin Gakure? <,<
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-21 10:14:58  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Cerberus.Dracionx said:

This is why AV threads suck. They always start serious and then people post stupid ***. (Not trying to single you out Zanno, its not just you.)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-12-21 10:17:27  
Meh i was just beeing sarcastic to the post i quoted lol
[+]
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2009-12-21 10:37:09  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah one day someone is gunna be like wait what if we use ever pet with ever possible name at it... and then boom that works.
Going to take a lot of DRGs to pull that off, since there's 40-some wyvern names...

Although a lot of people seem to be leveling DRG gimp-style so that they can use it for Meripo.
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-21 11:27:11  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Cerberus.Dracionx said:

With full build, Mijin Gakure does what... 1k damage, maybe? (unsure of numbers on AV itself, most likely lower)
AV has 75,000 HP. Possible if you have locked its regen... and had the ability to cycle in/out 13 parties of NIN to 2hr, and pray that Meteor doesn't wipe them all out before they've served their use. Then maybe.
Now go find me 80 ninjas.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 11:31:38  
Fairy.Vytiss said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Cerberus.Dracionx said:
18 puppetmasters, has this been tried yet? you can't say it won't work! if you havne't tried it!
With full build, Mijin Gakure does what... 1k damage, maybe? (unsure of numbers on AV itself, most likely lower) AV has 75,000 HP. Possible if you have locked its regen... and had the ability to cycle in/out 13 parties of NIN to 2hr, and pray that Meteor doesn't wipe them all out before they've served their use. Then maybe. Now go find me 80 ninjas.
If might not do less since according to wiki it is unaffected by MDB. Also maybe do a full hp build for more dmg and reaction arm whatever that does.
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-21 11:57:10  
I think I do remember Shadowbind sticking to AV back in the day where taking it to the palace entrace was the cool thing to do....
what about just a 15-RNG alliance with brd/cor swaps for extra boosts... and just cycle Shadowbind/Timed Barrage+WS's? just call out the /assist for whoever has hate, and he just runs away from nukes when casted.

that is assuming your JoL alliance has the ability to hold AV long enough to lock its regen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 12:05:01  
Alot of shadow bind timed spikes might work though I'd almost prefer to have a tank or 2 keep higher on the hate so that when it does try to insta cast something it wont hit anyone else. And a tank that can stay out of melee range without having to run much can get some crazy hate on a mob.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-21 12:05:30  
Draw-in what
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 12:16:44  
And you run out of range again. Seriously people solo kite draw in mobs all the time. It's not like they draw in that frequently. Hell even managed to pull some draw in mobs pretty damn far.
[+]
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-12-21 12:33:57  
AV is kiteable, its a known fact that its been pulled to the palace entrance in the past.
obviously not kiteable in the traditional sense due to its movementspeed, but shadowbind cycle with a tank party slowly backing out of range of its melee attacks could prove useful.
[+]
By Bdice 2010-01-07 08:47:11  
Dekar if you can get our LS to beat AV i will /kneel lol.
 Fenrir.Cobblers
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2010-01-07 09:37:29  
Few things i've noticed over the yrs of AV talk and the video S.E posted and so on... (p.s I have veryyy limited sea NM's experience, and I could be horribly wrong, but this is just a few things I have noticed in my time and sadly never had the chance to put to work)

First I'd just like to mention something that was posted by a player from Fenrir many yrs back on a dynamis linkshell (Vyce), it was regarding how to kill AV and it had much reference to things from the divine might key items you get (Shard of Apathy, Shard of Arrogance, Shard of Cowardice, Shard of Envy, and Shard of Rage) let me add this was wayyyy before the s.e AV hints video was out.I will search the net and try my best to find what he posted, but it was a very intresting read. Now to those who have done this fight, you will know that each race gives a key item (Envy = Mithra for instance) Now, watching the video, Althought it has "/name" off it does appear that 1) 2'hrs are being reset, and not by a COR (this would also make sense as COR was not an original job thus making this irrelevant pre ToAU) 2) There is a member of each race 2'hring , possibly in an order? But there is a member of each race 2hr'ing. So linking these two things together it could be a factor that locking AV's 2hr is not the key, but using a method which will reset the 2hr's of the players. Also I am not sure where it locks anyway. But one thing that does appear very much is that they are consistantly using 2hr's. every few game hours, of course unless that it is 7-8 RL hours on, in which case screw AV lol. Anyways I hope to the people who are intrested in this post this may be of intrest, although it could also be massively wrong. I will try find the shards post I earlier mentioned and if I do will post asap.

Good luck all ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Cobblers
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2010-01-07 10:14:02  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Virtue/Developer_Strategy

List of the chat log, jobs, poss subs used in the s.e video. For those who want to have a look through
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-01-07 10:47:47  
One quick thing I noticed, which I'm sure many others have too, but I didn't see it mentioned here so I thought I'd throw it out there. (I have NO experience of AV topics, fights, strategies etc, but this jsut caught my curiosity so I thought I'd have a look)

Anyway, I noticed one of the characters (not sure what job, didn't look) was intimidated by AV, so, implications that AV can be intimidated in return? I can't stress enough, I have no experience of AV and in general I'm a noob, so I could be spouting absolute (geddit?) rubbish. But just a theory.

Another stab in the dark, possibility that some kind of drop from Temenos/Apollyon basements that might help? Seems odd that SE would put in such a pointless zone (...wait, what am I talking about?!)
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-01-07 13:56:39  
Fenrir.Cobblers said:
Now, watching the video, Althought it has "/name" off it does appear that 1) 2'hrs are being reset, and not by a COR (this would also make sense as COR was not an original job thus making this irrelevant pre ToAU)

sadly, this has been squashed many times via trial... and also by evidence in the video that developers' characters are on different jobs in different parts of the video. It appears the video was made from clips different battles, which would explain why it appears that 2hrs are reset.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-01-08 11:21:23  
If we are supposed to 'react' to AV's 2hr , is it possible that he 'reacts' to us ? The Strat used with JoL is to have 2+ RDM/NINs tanking it just out of melee range , building hate with Enfeebling Magics til the Regen has been dispelled , then once Hate has been set and regen is gone , the melee chip away at it , slowly but surely . Not really related , but i think some ppl would agree that most the NIN mobs in Dynamis dont seem to go Pop unless they get Weaponskilled or BP'd , requiring groups to beat them to death . Could it be that AV's AI works in this manner . The wiki pages shows in the break down there is almost no phys DD when compared to Mages and support . Apocolyptice Beast in Dreamworld kinda proves that not every 2hr has to be locked. In the Dev Video he 2hrs right before he dies , so again not all 2hrs are locked .so again obviously not all 2hrs have to be locked . Does anyone know of an attempt of just pure Melee/Nook-of-day DMG ? as dumb as it sounds , it might be possible that hitting him with WS , JAs , and other non-melee or MP magic based dmg could be what triggers Deathga 'spells' . If Meteor and Comet are 'added' at certain HP values or with MF/CS 2hrs , chances are they arent 'Spells' like his Aero magic , they are JAs like 2hr BPRs . Tier Magic BPRs do deal Magic DMG , but arent considered Magic , they are JAs (or Abilities period since Silence doesnt lock them but Amnesia does). just wondering .
[+]