First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 00:56:55  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
WHM not RDM! Eeek RDM! (Never! lol)
Haha, Whm seemed boring to me! Oh, I never got D. Chap. so I wasn't asked to be Rdm all that often. :3 Besides, Rdm got me so much monies!
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 05:05:53  
Cerberus.Mander said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
Cerberus.Mander said:
I'm aware of what DRG gets >.> I got it 80 and that Acc bonus allows me to WS in pillage helm without sacrificing much Acc. The +10 Acc +5 Att augment isn't for the Acc, it's for the Att. 5 Att on 4 hits is going to do more then +2%.

I really doubt it's going to shift cRatio enough to make much if any difference in your pDif. Straight up +2% DMG to a WS is going to trash it.

In fact, I need to redo my Galea.

Flava Flave it up or gtfo! (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ == ┻━━━━━━┻

OK,

In order to get a 2% increase in damage from adding attack you need a 2% increase in cratio. To get a 2% increase in cratio you need a 2% increase in attack.

Based on a normal DRG sort of gear, most DRGs will have around 450 attack during WS. 2% of 450 is 9 attack, meaning you need to add 10 attack to your build in order to give more than a 2% increase in damage. The actual turning point is 5/0.02 = 250 attack; so if you have more than 250 attack during your WS, 5 attack is less than a 2% increase.

Therefore for a normal DRG, and anyone else in the game, 2% WSDMG is a bigger boost than 5 attack.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-11 05:14:40  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Besides, when you have Rdm, Blm, and Cor leveled, it's not like you play Drg that often. >.>;

I play DRG more than any other job and check mine out! =) Just run your own shells, you can go whatever job you want then.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 14:49:18  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
I play DRG more than any other job and check mine out! =) Just run your own shells, you can go whatever job you want then.
Well, what you say is very true, but I've never been able to get along with people very well. ^^ Leading them would be a disaster.

Valefor.Argettio said:
Therefore for a normal DRG, and anyone else in the game, 2% WSDMG is a bigger boost than 5 attack.
I think people would say that 5 Att, 10 Acc is a good augment since it can free up another Acc slot for Str or something else. But, I think the viking hat would be the best option for a good Drg in most cases.
[+]
 Asura.Gugi
サーバ: Asura
user: Gugi456
By Asura.Gugi 2010-08-11 15:16:36  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Right now I'm using this, carrying over from what I had at 75, just added the Perle body instead of Askar.

Wondering what pieces should really be changed.

I've heard I should get lots of DEX but don't have say the sea torque or Cuch mantle so idk if I should be going for DEX if I can't get a high amount.

I'm thinking to use Perle hat/hands and get a STR ring. Then I wouldn't lose any STR from taking off Heca but gain a good bit of attack. I'm thinking I don't have high enough DEX to make a good set for it.

oh and 8/8 pole merits.

i use this beast set

ruby ring has +1 dex augment
Sarissa im aiming to do +10 WS acc and +8 crit(if i can get more than i'll do more)

and if im fighting an evasive mob i'd switch to hecatomb cap

the set i have is what you really wanna work on. If you can't get your hands on Sarissa then try to get a high dmg base pole to max out your drakes... happy hunting.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-11 15:27:18  
Sarissa? Good? When did that happen?

Ares' v Zahak's depends on critrate and whether you need the acc/trades you can make with it. Should be able to upgrade to a better set of legs pretty easily now.
[+]
 Asura.Gugi
サーバ: Asura
user: Gugi456
By Asura.Gugi 2010-08-11 15:33:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Ares' v Zahak's depends on critrate and whether you need the acc/trades you can make with it. Should be able to upgrade to a better set of legs pretty easily now.

i normally smoke everyother drg i come across with me using ares and some of them use Zahak lol

edit: and my Sarissa isn't even augmented yet.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-11 15:35:36  
Asura.Gugi said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

i normally smoke everyother drg i come across with me using ares and some of them use Zahak lol

edit: and my Sarissa isn't even augmented yet.
Oooh, parses. I'm so impressed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-11 15:41:40  
inb4 "I averaged 2k Drakes on birds"?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-11 15:45:10  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
inb4 "I averaged 2k Drakes on birds"?

Sad to say, but people still count their acc vs birds..
"With this set i have capped acc"
"On what? birds?"
"yes"

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 15:45:47  
Just level Sam :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-11 16:02:30  
Gunna side track this for a min and get it back on topic..or close to it!
This
Heca Cap
Or..
IMMA VIKING!
Speaking for a Drg which is better...1 more str and lots more att or -1str with dex?

(if my heca cap is replaced imma /rage!)
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 16:04:16  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I have to agree with this in a non-douchey way. I liked loved! the concept of Drg just not how it played. T_T I was trying out Rng and Sam near the end and was enjoying both. ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-11 16:07:49  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Gunna side track this for a min and get it back on topic..or close to it!
This
Heca Cap
Or..
IMMA VIKING!
Speaking for a Drg which is better...1 more str and lots more att or -1str with dex?

(if my heca cap is replaced imma /rage!)
Depends on your dDEX and hitrate.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-11 16:07:53  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Speaking for a Drg which is better...1 more str and lots more att or -1str with dex?)

***is situational. Get em both and use them in appropriate situations.

EDIT: Dammit Night! D:<
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-11 16:08:04  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I have to agree with this in a non-douchey way. I liked loved! the concept of Drg just not how it played. T_T I was trying out Rng and Sam near the end and was enjoying both. ^^
I loved lvling drg..way more than lvling sam for some reason..If I had to pick a job most times (for fun) it would be Drg > Sam.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-11 16:09:59  
I liked leveling SAM more than DRG. That or may not be directly related to invites rates. I'd go months without invites or people accepting invites while I was on DRG. SAM was invites within an hour of seeking ~90% of the time. Also, Soboro is fun as hell.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 16:14:20  
Leveling Drg was very fun, especially post 60. I just wasn't really into it @endgame stuff. Maybe I was doinitwrong. Sam seemed more versatile to me, though I didn't get to max level on it. Leveling on Drg was much more fun though. ^^
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-11 16:17:42  
I'd have had more fun if it weren't for the 2005 player bases opinion on DRG at the time. :<

My current LS has me come DRG over SAM ~80% of the time, because Spirit/High/Super Jump let me go balls to the wall without ripping hate off tanks and other DD for more than a hit or two before I lose enough emnity.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 16:30:53  
Caitsith.Linear said:
I'd have had more fun if it weren't for the 2005 player bases opinion on DRG at the time. :<
That's so true! I leveled Drg last year, so it was just a bird poke fest but I still had fun. Even when I leveled Blm, I soloed a lot but I got quite a few invites, so Blm wasn't totally blisted from parties yet. Drg was my only 2H DD, I guess I was more of a offensive mage/light DD type of girl. XD I was pretty bad at healing jobs too. >.>
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-11 16:32:51  
I got tired of sam..if I remember invites were fairly similar (sam about 2 years ago drg only 5ish months ago..)

When invites were slow I would go solo on drg and I didn't do that on sam at all..oh and when I lvl'd sam I didn't have a Soboro.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 16:34:05  
Asura.Gugi said:

i use this beast set

Sarissa im aiming to do +10 WS acc and +8 crit(if i can get more than i'll do more)

the set i have is what you really wanna work on. If you can't get your hands on Sarissa then try to get a high dmg base pole to max out your drakes... happy hunting.

393 accuracy (assuming mithra) @ level 80.
NQ cerb
Sarissa
Aurum legs
17DEX

Sorry, but just no on so many levels.
Your accuracy would be considered poor when fighting Greater colibri, on anything else its just rubbish.
Your crit rate on draks will also be lousy.
Your polearm is a poor choice even once augmented
NQ cerb?! Foragers is cheaper and better.

[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-11 16:35:44  
Heavy DD all the way for me. Although, I really should level a ranged DD or support job one of these days. You can't effectively melee everything, so I feel I'm missing out or being a burden at times.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 16:36:32  
Drg is definitely a lot more fun and easy to solo than Sam, even before the AF hat. I just liked how Sam could tank when it got hate and take almost no dmg. I'd sub Blu often when I partied on Drg but a lot of mages wouldn't let me get to a HP I could heal myself on. It was frustrating! XD
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-11 16:37:19  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Asura.Gugi said:
i use this beast set ruby ring has +1 dex augment Sarissa im aiming to do +10 WS acc and +8 crit(if i can get more than i'll do more) and if im fighting an evasive mob i'd switch to hecatomb cap the set i have is what you really wanna work on. If you can't get your hands on Sarissa then try to get a high dmg base pole to max out your drakes... happy hunting.
393 accuracy (assuming mithra) @ level 80. NQ cerb Sarissa Aurum legs 17DEX Sorry, but just no on so many levels. Your accuracy would be considered poor when fighting Greater colibri, on anything else its just rubbish. Your crit rate on draks will also be lousy. Your polearm is a poor choice even once augmented NQ cerb?! Foragers is cheaper and better.
..Owned

But you did have it coming..
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-11 16:39:28  
Valefor.Argettio said:
Asura.Gugi said:

i use this beast set

393 accuracy (assuming mithra) @ level 80.
NQ cerb
Sarissa
Aurum legs
17DEX

Sorry, but just no on so many levels.
Your accuracy would be considered poor when fighting Greater colibri, on anything else its just rubbish.
Your crit rate on draks will also be lousy.
Your polearm is a poor choice even once augmented
NQ cerb?! Foragers is cheaper and better.

^
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-08-11 16:40:34  
NQ cerb is more beneficial towards people that have PLD leveled, I dont know about you but I dont think I would like carrying around both foragers and cerb mantle, with the inventory SE gives us having 3 more attk isnt worth carrying around both.

I use HQ though :P
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-11 16:42:44  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Heavy DD all the way for me. Although, I really should level a ranged DD or support job one of these days. You can't effectively melee everything, so I feel I'm missing out or being a burden at times.

Haha, heavy DDs seem so boring to me. However, I loved Ranger and Corsair, but I didn't like how slow Ranger TP'd. I mean, they put their bow away after every shot! So frustrating, I like games where Ranger shoots fast and ammo isn't such a massive expense. Nothing's perfect though. ^^
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-11 16:43:37  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
NQ cerb is more beneficial towards people that have PLD leveled, I dont know about you but I dont think I would like carrying around both foragers and cerb mantle, with the inventory SE gives us having 3 more attk isnt worth carrying around both.

I use HQ though :P

Agreed that NQ is a nice way to save space.

But you can't calm to have a awesome, super, amazingly beastly set while using an inferior item just to save space.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9