Why Can't I Get A Party ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Why can't I get a party ?
Why can't I get a party ?
First Page 2 3 4
 Fairy.Poostaru
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-17 21:38:42  
I left the game about two years ago and recently came back. Since then I gone up about two levels in a 2 month period as my BLM. I hardly ever get a party invite, even to MB. Why is being a BLM such a Party replant ? I heard a couple people saying I should Solo, I really like BLM but I hate soloing. Any Advice ?
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-17 21:50:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Well, what level are you?
Because in ToAU (most 54+ parties) we fight the lovely Colibri.
Unless you want your tank to take a Freeze in the face...
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-17 21:54:18  
@50+ Blm gets phased out of parties because it becomes less useful in a party compared to melee DD, a good example being on colibri where magic attacks are a lot less reliable than melee dmg. Chances are the setup will include a rdm and whm already making getting another mage pointless. Blm is good early on against crab/crawler type mobs but later on 55+ people move to aht urgan areas and ditch Blm for a melee DD.

I'm not a pre aht urgan player but i'm told aht urgan ruined party invites for a lot of blms, however definitly try out soloing, maybe bibiki bay on pets I think is ok for 61 or around that, I know people who have gotten upwards of 500xp per kill with band on.

It's frustrating not getting many party invites on Blm but if you can get to ~70 you can get a lot of manaburn invites which are a lot of fun.

Edit: It's great fun hitting colibri with freeze and seeing it bounce onto tank lmao XD not so fun when YOU'RE the tank though :(
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-17 21:56:00

Alternatives:

- Constantly leveling syncing. (can easily cap magic skills in Besieged)
- Campaign battle woot.
- Solo pets in various areas.
- /cry, /sulk, etc.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-17 21:58:19  
Haseyo said:
Alternatives: - Constantly leveling syncing. (can easily cap magic skills in Besieged)

Agreed, this works great for Blm, don't have to worry about your magic skills at all, level sync makes xping on mage jobs way easier :)
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-17 22:50:11  
all i have to say is blm's are like orphans no one wants them
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-17 22:56:32

No one wants them in parties...
But once it comes to endgame...
They turn from orphans to jailbait* - everyone wants them.

Edit for silly typo-wypo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-17 23:42:35  
yea level sync to like, quf. XD every one seems to be doing that. Make a Mana burn, and level sync to 52 an Burn crabs in kufta, or lvl 60 in ayade killing quiquirn (e-10 zone in waj)

And i agree with the statement that every one wants BLM For end game, But wont put up a pt invite to help them get there, So What Colibri relfect magic, <.< Go to the Boya tree, or Old school zones Lol. Hell even bibiki bay is good untell 66? Then you can like try Sky "If you have access" besides, CP is allways fun to have.

Eather All BLM should go on strike untell "we" start geting more invites. Or Force all whm, rdm pld & dd to solo, no more partys for a year :O They can feel the lonley fustration :] [Party can i have it] [no! GO solo It's what blm do]

Note: BLM arnt Bsts ^^
 Ifrit.Haseyo
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-17 23:53:52

Same goes for Thf. Everyone wants us for drops. But invites? Nahh, we'll just get another DD in the mean time. ._.'
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 00:07:19  
I honesly never had to much of a problem with THF ;3 nice spike dmg every 30-45 seconds with 800~ DE's (sa & or ta included)

i was staticed with a nin.. that was the olny way he could keep hate heh with my dagger up his ***
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-18 00:16:39  
THF and BLM are 2 of the jobs that ppl tend to invite less but want at 75. MNK is one I also see that get neglected. I'll agree with the Campaign/sync thing and skillup in Beseiged. Otherwise, find someone to static with.
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-01-18 00:30:40  
I have 75BLM... I know what you mean. I got to about 50 and no more invites. My suggestions:

1. Make parties and invite people and hope they stay. Usually only works through Lesser Colibri though.
2. Do A LOT of campaign battle. This is a good idea anyways because there is some great r/ex gear you can get for BLM with allied notes.
3. Level sync forever. This is okay as long as you do skill ups some way... but as you get higher people won't think to look and see if the 72BLM is willing to sync to crawlers' nest. This path will also end up with you needing to make your own parties.
4. Solo. It sucks but after a while it gets to be a lot of fun and is good practice for things like beating Maat and fighting NMs. If I hadn't solo'd so much... I would be useless in sky because I wouldn't have the skills I have now.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-18 00:40:44  
I've been having a blast with Campaign lately, pretty easy to level doing campaign battles (just got from 62 to 63 DNC mainly by doing them). They happen pretty often, and if you do die it's at no exp penalty (as long as you have tags on). May not be as fast as exping the regular way, but it's not too bad, and it's pretty much risk free.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Maidak
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-01-18 01:14:15  
kujata <3 baby
 Kujata.Malicfayt
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-18 02:23:52  
Bright side is mana burning puddings i hear is just super!
 Sylph.Feyen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-01-18 03:54:17  
It's mostly an error on SE's part. Spamming your TP at every 100% is much more dmg over time than waiting for a SC to go and even the MB following.

SE needs to make Skill Chains stronger, and Magic Bursts more potent, as they already said in a pre-update post that they were looking at ways to improve SCs since they had been long overlooked.

The next thing they added after that that was anything to do with SCs was the Nyzul Weapon Skills...which didn't fix any problems.
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 04:01:10  
Yeah, capmain. is fun but as blm like use up allmost all my MP like 4 times (800~mp lvl 62) and like. get maybe 300-600 xp xD

better off as a DD ^^
Yea i Really want that lvl 68 BLM/mage gear from windy Allthou i hear its really ugly
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-18 05:55:09  
As I told you in /tell, Solo or don't level BLM. BLMs are a waste of space, worthless. Solo or quit.
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-01-18 05:59:47  
I own the gloves/hat which have Conserve MP for my Conserve MP setup and everytime I put the hat on people in my LS cry about how ugly it is ;; I don't find it exactly appealin myself, but it gets the job done! Btw, it looks like that hat that lil Taru mummy is wearing :0

And to Thunderblaze, that's why you had to invite people to merit PTs and then bring your RDM mule to PL at 75 right? Only way you could lvl BLM, cuz you prob couldn't solo by yourself :p
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-18 06:08:32  
huh, when did you /tell me anything blaze >.>? Or some one eles, Lol All i remeber is you asking me if X camp was open, an them poping up when my pt' ran for santion refresh & camping on us :D GOood memorys ^_^ /rant XD

Ugh . i need sleep.. or coffee... more chocolate too
 Kujata.Malicfayt
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-18 08:12:29  
Blackmage is one of the top jobs in the game, period. calling them worthless in any aspect of the game besides in a situation such as Null-Magic in Limbus is an overstatement.

Something you may want to get some people to try (i guess this would be when you hit 75) is there is a place through nyzle isle where many qutrub spawn. They have a crap ton of HP But they take a lot too. Light and darkness SC's do massive dmg (im talking like 2k+ Light i think? lol i forget, but it was insanely good) and MBing rocks there sox. Its a good spot for if you want to see big numbers or if you just want to be able to get decent exp in a normal style party. Id tell you where it was n stuff but i did that a long time ago and i don't remember the exact location. Maybe someone else can recall =/

edit: pt setup was Thf(me), War, Drk, Rdm, whm?(or another rdm i forget), blm.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-18 10:03:18  
Thunderblaze said:
As I told you in /tell, Solo or don't level BLM. BLMs are a waste of space, worthless. Solo or quit.

You really don't have to solo though, I went 12-75 and only solo'd once and duoed twice rest of time I stuck out for pt invites, and until I hit 70 this was pre level sync...

I sympathize with anyone who hates solo, having a bit of bad luck and dieing and losing xp and having to start over really put me off but that's just me, some people love the challenge and enjoy solo not everyone is cut out for it.

Thankfully lots of alternatives now. Oh and on the MB front, I timed a freeze MB with a sam in a party in garlaige @ lvl51 and did over 1.1k dmg =D my favourite blm moment!
 Fairy.Poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-18 10:24:03  
Well Thanks everyone one for your advice, Yes even you TB. I really appreciate it. For those of you on fairy, I'll see you around.
 Gilgamesh.Khaty
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nathoo
By Gilgamesh.Khaty 2009-01-18 10:34:26  
BLM is a hard hard job (to find pty) but now with level sync is more easy ^^~ its a pain >.<
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-18 11:17:13  
Thunderblaze said:

I hope this was sarcastic... coming from a BLM75 with gaiters and a genie. Even if you are using A.head and jets lol.

But yeah, if it wasnt sarcastic then you're *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, and should give me your gaiters cause I'd put them to better use.
 Fairy.Poostaru
By Fairy.Poostaru 2009-01-18 11:51:06  
Oh by the way If anyone on fairy doesn't mind having a 61 BLM in there party, feel free to invite me and send me a tell before so I know who you are... .

I can back up heal, pull, w/e. I've actually pulled before....
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-18 14:18:31  
My gaiters do go to good use, thank you. O and GTFO diabolos, this is Fairy forums, if you didn't notice.

I soloed like 45-69ish, and then, like many other jobs, I did slap it into meritpo lol. I have that option, if you would like that option, go level another account.

Chain100+s while leveling BLM = nice, don'tcha think? w
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-18 14:41:50  
scholar is the new blm T.T
First Page 2 3 4