New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Lord Ruthven duo
Lord Ruthven duo
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-30 13:41:59  
Is it possible? A friend an I have been duoing VNM's and ZNM's with RDM/NIN and RNG/NIN by pinning them in certain spots. I remember seeing something on BG about duoing it like this in a spot in Beaucedine, but alas, the topic is like 67 pages long, and the thought of scanning all 67 pages makes me QQ.

So, any testimonials of low-manning this would be much appreciated.
By FOODNIPPLE127 2010-07-31 12:42:24  
RDM/nin RDM/nin SMN/nin can trio with some difficulty

RDM/nin 2x SMN/nin 3x~4x is just a easy setup

i was able to tank him semi-solo easy enough as rdm76/nin till i ran out of shihei for a 17% depop when i died ._.;
we were RDM/nin SCH/nin SMN/whm 4x (avoid smn's /whm)
we had to go to zone cause smn's were pulling hate each time they BP'd for some reason so /nin would help if you dont want to zone/BP ect >.> (eavryone but me had zoned when i ran out of shihei)
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-07-31 22:20:35  
Where did you pin it at?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-08-01 16:05:17  
You can pin him with the three trees in Xarcabard (outlined here, but shown with Erebus). I'm not aware of any spots in Beaucedine with just one tank. The difficulty would be RDM holding any hate, since nukes won't work, and even pre-update it was kind of difficult on both Ruthven and the pixies. Pixies though, it'd not hard for RNG to pin and squeeze in a ranged attack each time it moves back, but at the three trees spot, you'll probably get unable to see message a lot. Maybe if you find a better spot.. Sorry can't help much ;\
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-01 16:34:48  
Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Is it possible? A friend an I have been duoing VNM's and ZNM's with RDM/NIN and RNG/NIN by pinning them in certain spots. I remember seeing something on BG about duoing it like this in a spot in Beaucedine, but alas, the topic is like 67 pages long, and the thought of scanning all 67 pages makes me QQ. So, any testimonials of low-manning this would be much appreciated.

Duo'd easily many times for my ring. RNG and RDM pinning by the trees in Xarcabard present. Bring Holy Waters and should be fine.

Started out with PLD kiting and a RNG DD with RDM healing, but cut the PLD when found the west most trees allowed RNG to kite and DD. Took about 30 minutes to kill.
 Caitsith.Enygma
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-02 20:13:58  
Very easy duo, RNG/NIN with holy waters and any healer = 45min fight maybe max, shadow = ring, no shadow on ground = no ring