Friendly Reminder!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Friendly Reminder!
Friendly Reminder!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-01-14 12:35:37  
Hello folks! The FFXIAH.com development team has been traveling and doing otherwise generally year-endery holiday stuff for a little over a month now, so you may have noticed we haven't been around. Forum traffic and overall usage seems to be continuing to grow exponentially, and we are very appreciative of our many users who have continued to use and support our site over the years. However, this has come with one major downside: a significant increase in disruptive user behavior that requires our intervention. We're back now, and I just wanted to post this friendly reminder:

We are a small site written and maintained by only three people, two of which no longer play FFXI, and all of which have full-time "day jobs." We are not a large corporation. We do not have full-time moderators, nor even customer service staff (given that we do not have any paying customers.) Advertising is out-sourced to external placement agencies. We run a very small operation.

As such, our attitude towards much of the site operation, design, and administration is very "hands-off." We do not have the time, nor the interest, in spending all day policing the behavior of our users. We will not be posting excruciatingly detailed rules, regulations, and acceptable use policies, and then arguing with you all later over the technicalities in those rules.

That having been said, all areas of this site (forums included) operate under one general friendly golden rule: "Don't Be A Douchebag." Please use your common sense when using this site, posting comments, forum entries, screenshots, etc. In general, if your behavior on the site causes us to spend a significant amount of time cleaning up the messes that you make, we will not hesitate to remove your account access. Our many other users prefer that the majority of our time be spent improving the site -- not chasing you around the internet. In summary: if you are disruptive, the offending material will be removed, and we will typically do it quickly, silently, and without further comment. If you fail to get the message after you have been warned in this manner, we will be forced to remove you from the site.

Otherwise, we are thrilled and flattered that so many users have decided to make FFXIAH.com one of their primary destinations for FFXI-related information. We hope to continue providing a site that's quick, clean, powerful, and useful for all of you through 2009 and beyond.

Thanks!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-14 12:37:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Vulgar icons still ok? :3
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-14 12:38:07  
*Claps.* Sounds great. Keep up the good work guys. =)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-14 12:44:04  
Jaerik said:
"Don't Be A Douchebag."

This is a great site! I hope everyone takes this onboard and uses the site properly :)

Oh and hope you had a good vacation Jaerik, welcome back.
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2009-01-14 14:05:41  
Very well said Jaerik. As a moderator I fully agree with what he said. I'm here for the 'just in case' not for the 'be the babysitter'. I enjoy the forums. I want you all to as well... but like he said:
Jaerik said:
"Don't Be A Douchebag."
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-01-14 16:00:40  
<3 FFXIAH.com

~Yotevol
Leader of LavitzReborn, a relaxed Sky/Sea Linkshell
Apply at www.lavitzreborn.tk

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-21 04:23:40  
Thank you Scragg, Jaerik and Jonis! You guys are seriously my heroes. ^^ /salute
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-01-21 04:26:48  
Oh, by the way--does it help out much to click on the advertisements? ^^;
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-21 06:18:32  
Thanks for the hard work guys! I hope that your work will go smoothly this year, without too much problems
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-21 07:52:18  
I havn't been posting here long, but i've been using the AH part of the site for a {Long time}. It's now indispensable to me, so i'll say many thanks and heartfelt praise for this site and what you do^^
Anye said:

Yes, this?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-21 09:27:40  
Thanks to the OPS and mods of the FFXI forums. I'll make sure to keep on making sure that my posts are clean, as they have always been. No sense keeping you guys busy when all of us can moderate our usage ourselves... we are all capable of doing that ourselves!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-01-26 15:14:23  
Anye said:

If nobody ever clicked on them, we'd probably cease to exist.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-26 15:38:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Good to know, I'll be sure to spam click your ads a few times every time I come on if it helps >:3
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-26 15:38:32  
Jaerik said:
"Don't Be A Douchebag."

Word.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-02-01 18:02:00  
Scragg said:
Anye said:

If nobody ever clicked on them, we'd probably cease to exist.

So just a click, or do we actually have to buy something?

Speaking of disruptive users, can we have an invite-only forum for the sane people that were here in the forums before the "Latest Forum Topics" widget was put on the front page and all the trolls found it? :3

Just putting it out there... <.<;
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-01 19:38:22  
Trolls...

gawd is that ever a evil term......

lmao..... ewwwww ugh....