New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Fiat Lux
Fiat Lux
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2010-07-24 02:34:14  
Come on guys! We haven't been able to do this Op in months. MONTHS! We need to work together as a server. Not everyone got all the gear they wanted in the first month this Op was out and a lot of the gear is still going for a lot of gil.

Anyone else interested in this or am I all alone?
 Sylph.Bazinga
サーバ: Sylph
user: Failcard
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-07-24 02:56:18  
Problem with this something Called Abyssea came out,,,, Campaign is dying now.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-07-24 03:10:54  
Garuda.Littledarc said:
Come on guys! We haven't been able to do this Op in months. MONTHS! We need to work together as a server. Not everyone got all the gear they wanted in the first month this Op was out and a lot of the gear is still going for a lot of gil.

Anyone else interested in this or am I all alone?
Plus u could get the allied ring too.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-07-24 14:07:02  
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Personally I think the XP bonus of the Allied Ring is easily offset by the XP penalty of having to do Campaign to gain/maintain your medals, especially if you don't have a Campaign friendly job.

Another problem is that you have do medal-maintenance in dense blocks of time, because your Campaign performance deteriorates over time. For example if you did enough Campaign today to just barely qualify for a new medal, tomorrow you won't qualify and will have to do more. Couple this with the fact that you can't use the reward, the Allied Ring, more than once a day, and the Campaign-Allied Ring turns into some Sisyphean chore of rolling the XP boulder up a hill only to have it come back down on you.

All of this has been said many times before in debates about Campaign, which boil down to "stop medal loss vs QQ moar". Now in the light of lifting CoP's outdated limitation (level cap), and the lack of popularity of WoE and finishing the nation missions, it will be only a matter of time before they get rid of medal decay or Campaign slowly wanes down to the point of Beastmen attacks on the cities again.

Finally, since you can't use Allied Ring in Abyssea, the most popular XP area, it really looks like it's dusk on the Dawn Goddess's expansion :x

Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2010-07-24 15:17:04  
BUT THE GEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR QQ!

Seriously, I just want the chance to get the gear again. I'm not really that interested in an allied ring. Although, I am sure people can say to use the abyssea gear as well.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-07-24 15:41:06  
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Personally I think the XP bonus of the Allied Ring is easily offset by the XP penalty of having to do Campaign to gain/maintain your medals, especially if you don't have a Campaign friendly job.

Another problem is that you have do medal-maintenance in dense blocks of time, because your Campaign performance deteriorates over time. For example if you did enough Campaign today to just barely qualify for a new medal, tomorrow you won't qualify and will have to do more. Couple this with the fact that you can't use the reward, the Allied Ring, more than once a day, and the Campaign-Allied Ring turns into some Sisyphean chore of rolling the XP boulder up a hill only to have it come back down on you.

All of this has been said many times before in debates about Campaign, which boil down to "stop medal loss vs QQ moar". Now in the light of lifting CoP's outdated limitation (level cap), and the lack of popularity of WoE and finishing the nation missions, it will be only a matter of time before they get rid of medal decay or Campaign slowly wanes down to the point of Beastmen attacks on the cities again.

Finally, since you can't use Allied Ring in Abyssea, the most popular XP area, it really looks like it's dusk on the Dawn Goddess's expansion :x

The allied ring is lv 30 doubt u lv on abyssea at lv 30, also getting medals are so damn easy and for keeping them u only need like 3k that like 3 CB.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-24 15:41:17  
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:

I think you really overstate the trouble of keeping your medal... I've been at the highest rank practically as soon as it was possible to, and I've never had any problems keeping it without doing any campaign battles whatsoever. I just do 7 Campaign Ops a week, which are amazing for getting some exp on jobs I want leveled further but don't actually want to physically go PT or solo on. You can even do them on jobs as low as level 10, since you don't have to fight anything for many of them, and many of them, you can do all the work on one job and then switch to the job you want the exp for and go collect it. I get 4k or more exp every week for 7 ops (not to mention over 10k allied notes), with very minimal time/effort, which is pretty signifigant, in my opinion. Even when I miss doing them for a week, that's still enough to keep my medal while only even bothering to get the evaluation when it's getting close to time for my medal's seal to wear off.

It seems a lot of people just don't do Campaign Ops at all though, aside from Splitting Heirs/Plucking Feathers/Cracking Shells/Fiat Lux. It blows my mind, to be honest. They are so easy and quick, and such excellent exp for the work involved.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-07-24 16:28:04  
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

The allied ring is lv 30 doubt u lv on abyssea at lv 30, also getting medals are so damn easy and for keeping them u only need like 3k that like 3 CB.

Actually the minimum level to enter Abyssea -is- in fact 30, I've seen people in our alliance enter as Lv30-50 chars often. Basically, they have to buy their own keys (usually 100-150 keys used at the end of the run) and open chests for the alliance. A WHM in our alliance yesterday went from 49 to 65 in about 8 hours.
By Hete 2010-07-24 17:58:28  
only need 14 battles to keep top rank. and 30days to do them in... if thats too much than idk what to say. im all for fiat lux coming back. hecate cape 500k on my server and i still need noct body
[+]
 Bismarck.Hisagi
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-07-24 18:17:54  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Actually the minimum level to enter Abyssea -is- in fact 30, I've seen people in our alliance enter as Lv30-50 chars often. Basically, they have to buy their own keys (usually 100-150 keys used at the end of the run) and open chests for the alliance. A WHM in our alliance yesterday went from 49 to 65 in about 8 hours.
in 8h i can get that same exp in east ronfaure S w/o any ring.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [137 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Xanthos
user: xanthos1
By Garuda.Xanthos 2010-12-08 20:19:14  
Ill be down to do fiax lux just for the gear i could use it just to lvl up in abbysea.
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-12-08 20:34:57  
This would require people to actually do campaign battle again. >.>
 Lakshmi.Radicant
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2010-12-19 13:39:49  
Update: