フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » A funny campaign story,,,
A funny campaign story,,,
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Helix
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 13:48:33  
First off...I want to thank the folks who have shared info with me...alot of folks wanna smash it, but it was good info...so here we go...

I tag into a north gustaberg (s) fight and go thru the ritual...it ends quick...(no surprise there)...

afterword, i kneel and go to fix a sandwich and have a smoke...

Come back to my desk and the last text in viewer was "a campaign battle has begun"

I tag in and do an area search...wtf? I am the only person in the area

I let the mobs focus on the tower and then me and lucky lulu start plucking them off one at a time...

I kill 2 and when i pull my third, the player mob re-appears...they tag in and swarm me and my mob...I said "gtfo douche...my pet don't tank for free"...they continued to hit so I heeled my pet and disengaged...too funny

No one noticed i had reeled in...these *** started 2 houring and ws'ing and pulled all the hate...I run to pull another mob and look back and 3 of the 10 asswipes are dead....make me laugh really hard

I end the fight with 5,600 xp...yes you read that right silly children...got the NM drop...wootz ore...(yay!) cause i was in coyote by myself....you folks really need to put the epeen away and listen to these guys...they just might be right...I am grateful as hell...this has taken on a whole new dimension of fun...
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
サーバ: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-07-22 13:51:51  
MPK MPKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 13:52:09  
glad i could help
[+]
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 13:53:06  
rotflmao
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 14:23:22  
yeah i hate campaing nowdays... god ppl are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in it. I just had fun just now running the mob i was soloing around the fortification and the mob of people just followed me around until i felt sorry :) aren't i evil
[+]
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 14:27:29  
LMAO...no credit here... I was able to fight these things this way from the info folks on here shared with me...I like to think I am a fast learner but i won't say I got it all figured out...I will say that...for me...the info I have been given is huge and accurate...and I love it!

I guess it boils down to what your personal goals are...for me at this time, I am shifting merits around and sadly that takes alot of merits in the "hole" to fix...

dont be a hater...before you react, maybe...just maybe....try what these guys are saying...you might be surprised...you might fins it works better than you expected...

aka...I have asked alot of goofy questions...and you know what? Most times, someone was cool and answered me with an intelligent response....don't be afraid to ask...regardless how silly it might sound...
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 14:28:22  
lol as evil as that is I still had a good laugh ><
[+]
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 14:30:08  
lol...i saw you!...too funny
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-07-22 14:30:17  
I bet I really piss off the soloers when I show up and start beating on a mob, but really, I'm no threat. I just beat on stuff to get exp. :-(
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-22 14:32:21  
This makes me want to level BST.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-22 14:32:38  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

how do you even die to an nq campaign mob

is it even possible
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-07-22 14:33:50  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

how do you even die to an nq campaign mob

is it even possible

Easy. I do it frequently... then again... I'm a blm. Dying is what we do best..
[+]
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 14:35:37  
I'm not a "soloer"...I will now engage a mob before it gets to npc's but i dont try to hide or drag it halfway acros the zone...that...I think...is what pisses ppl off...

I ran into a guy yesterday that...it pissed me off on one hand...but was impressive as ***on the other...

He intercepted the mob "hoard" before it got to tower...and ya know what?...this fool tanked like 9 campaign mobs...I would pull one off...kill it and grab another...but...to not underscore...this guy was actualy pretty awesome...I can't hate talent when I see it
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 14:36:14  
Unicorn.Roxanna said:
I bet I really piss off the soloers when I show up and start beating on a mob, but really, I'm no threat. I just beat on stuff to get exp. :-(
lol as long as people help me out and don't just wtfpwn it I could care less if I get 1-3 people on it.

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
how do you even die to an nq campaign mob is it even possible
I once watched 2 groups of 2 people wipe to Keremet and his skeletons, then me and a SAM LS mate who later got charmed took them all out like it was nothing. 2 Circle Blades and the skeletons were dead. Seeing that happen I'm not amazed people still die to them even now.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-07-22 14:43:44  
I always try to solo campaign mobs now, I don't mind if one or two other players want to join in on my mob though after all the other mobs are dead.
Just had a good battle in Vunkerl where we had 3 waves of mobs and I walked away with over 5k limit points ^^
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-22 14:47:32  
So your new gear sets are working out for you pretty good helix?

you still have your old ones up on your profile lol
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 14:53:30  
Yes they are...I will fix that! I have been so tickled with the success of the new gear sets I didn't think about updating...lol...I'll update them so other noobs can learn...>.<
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 14:55:04  
Also take note; Though this was on wiki and I haven't seen math to back it up, though eyeballing it and hearing a lot of people get 4k+ now level 80 seems to give a 120% bonus to exp. I've also seen a lot of interesting things happen that I didn't think would work that actually does.
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-07-22 14:57:25  
nooby question.... but since you were on the topic of gear sets and all how do i add mine to my page?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 15:00:51  
-disregard, I read wrong... Cursed sleep-
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-07-22 15:05:28  
ty for the info...
and i guess ill add a campaign story of mine >.>;
i was lvl 59 PLD and solod an imp down to like 3-5% and right as i was about to WS and kill it someone comes over that has been killing a mob by me WSed my mob killed it and went back to the other mob >:/ i didnt think i was harming anyone by soloing ; ;
 Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 15:05:32  
Go to member menu. item sets...make a new one, then go to "browse" ...when you find your item, you "add" it to the set in dialogue box...not hard...even a bufoon like me figged it out
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-22 15:05:50  
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
nooby question.... but since you were on the topic of gear sets and all how do i add mine to my page?

Do you mean on your main page showing your current gear?

or do you mean item sets you have made?

If its the first, you need to link your ffxiah.com profile with your linkshell community profile.
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-07-22 15:07:53  
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
Do you mean on your main page showing your current gear? or do you mean item sets you have made? If its the first, you need to link your ffxiah.com profile with your linkshell community profile.

i linked my linkshell community thing and it still hasnt put it up there :(

Leviathan.Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-07-22 15:08:49  
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
ty for the info...
and i guess ill add a campaign story of mine >.>;
i was lvl 59 PLD and solod an imp down to like 3-5% and right as i was about to WS and kill it someone comes over that has been killing a mob by me WSed my mob killed it and went back to the other mob >:/ i didnt think i was harming anyone by soloing ; ;
Some folks are just D'heads...they do that ***on purpose...don't be a hater...it will only make you angry and won't fix anything....relish the thought that kharma rules....he might lose his job or get evicted from his apartment....what goes around comes around...in real life and mmo's too...
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 15:09:39  
Uh, you may have hidden it. Thats what it looks like from here. The link you want is in Edit Characters at the bottom is some check boxes, one of them says equipment. See if that does the trick~

Leviathan.Helix said:
Go to member menu. item sets...make a new one, then go to "browse" ...when you find your item, you "add" it to the set in dialogue box...not hard...even a bufoon like me figged it out
There is also an Add button that will pop out a search box where you can add it in that way. Waaaay quicker, unless this was changed.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-22 15:13:17  
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
Do you mean on your main page showing your current gear? or do you mean item sets you have made? If its the first, you need to link your ffxiah.com profile with your linkshell community profile.

i linked my linkshell community thing and it still hasnt put it up there :(

You have to make sure your linkshell community profile is set to public, not just public to those online or to friends only.

also double check you don't have anything hid on your char edit screen here.
 Lakshmi.Kittykite
By Lakshmi.Kittykite 2010-07-22 15:20:06  
Leviathan.Helix said:
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
ty for the info... and i guess ill add a campaign story of mine >.>; i was lvl 59 PLD and solod an imp down to like 3-5% and right as i was about to WS and kill it someone comes over that has been killing a mob by me WSed my mob killed it and went back to the other mob >:/ i didnt think i was harming anyone by soloing ; ;
Some folks are just D'heads...they do that ***on purpose...don't be a hater...it will only make you angry and won't fix anything....relish the thought that kharma rules....he might lose his job or get evicted from his apartment....what goes around comes around...in real life and mmo's too...

>.>;; that made me laugh, ill look at everything once i get home i dont remember my stuff to get onto the linkshell community :S
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-22 15:21:38  
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
Leviathan.Helix said:
Lakshmi.Kittykite said:
ty for the info... and i guess ill add a campaign story of mine >.>; i was lvl 59 PLD and solod an imp down to like 3-5% and right as i was about to WS and kill it someone comes over that has been killing a mob by me WSed my mob killed it and went back to the other mob >:/ i didnt think i was harming anyone by soloing ; ;
>.>;; that made me laugh, ill look at everything once i get home i dont remember my stuff to get onto the linkshell community :S
Should be you're PO ID and password I can't believe you could forget those? I dunno been ages since I went to mine x.x; lol maybe I have too...

Also yeah, that was a lowblow move and a jackass player. Thats the kind of stuff I want to fight against.
First Page 2