users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Ghrah M Chip
Ghrah M Chip
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-12 08:25:12  
Looking to purchase these chips at 5-8k (Depending on what I can sell the virtue for and break even buying another pop set until I get the torque). If anyone has any they'd like to sell, hit me up on here, shoot me a PM, or get with me in game.
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2009-01-12 08:48:54  
I Doubt u'll get those for 5-8k atleast not on pandy Anyway sell here for 20k, Then again 2dif servers good luck :)!

Edit: going by ur Mnks gear u could easly Solo these, and get a stack within 5hrs on agood day, sometimes they can be bitchie on drop thow
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-12 08:56:01  
I've been able to get 2 pop sets via /shout on fairy for the 5-8k range. Took me 7 hrs to solo the first pop set and after that it was like fk this, I'd rather just sell the virtue and buy more chips.
0/3 on the torque so far
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-12 09:25:16  
Yeah, they're about 20k per chip on Diabolos too, though occasionally less.

When getting my Fort. Torque, I had to solo farm six trigger sets before he dropped one. It's not really worth the 240,000 gil if you buy them, since they're so easily farmed (especially by BLMs). That is, unless you're just too frustrated with the drop rate, and your time is better spent elsewhere.

But really... they're awesome solo exp, and a chance at chips for Fortitude, crystals, and virtue stones. Definitely worth farming yourself.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-12 09:37:19  
I have too many stones atm lol and as for exp, I broke even from my stack with all my deaths caused by -ga III and the 2 pop sets I have bought were covered by the gil I got from selling the virtue. So for now, I haven't been out anything just buying them rather than farming. Haven't had anyoe trying to sell me any for 20k though. Have bought about 24 chips now and haven't paid more than 6k
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-12 13:01:40  
Believe the LS Godshin is in pays 10k per.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-12 13:45:49  
How hard is it to lowman the grahs? What would be an ideal setup?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-12 13:53:49  
You can solo grah chips with BLM, I do it occasionally.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-01-12 14:02:18  
I've solo'd the Ghrah in the first zone as PLD75/DNC37 before. It was kinda risky, as I have also died a few times as well, and a misplaced Aga 3, hexidiscs, or core meltdown could easily kill you. Its also safe to assume that without joyeuse, it would be nearly impossible to keep up with curing yourself, and using flat blade to stun AM/Aga 3.

Even with full sword merits they were hard to land hits on so I would use sushi to make up for that, but quickstep helps as well. Also expect long fights, ranging from 3-5 minutes per mob, possibly meaning more time farming in the long run. Bring a THF friend and you can duo them pretty effectively, and maintain a pretty high Drop rate if lucky. Only died once as PLD/DNC and THF/NIN, from being impatient and not being able to stun an Aga 3.
Good luck
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-12 14:13:20  
Also the drop rate on them are not great so you can be there hours.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-12 14:29:21  
I'm just curious for amusements sake, kind of one of those "damn I'm bored what fun way can I get myself killed now" sort of things to do if nothing else materializes. As is, I'm not expecting a good drop rate... horrid drop rate and FFXI go without saying...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-01-12 14:54:21  
They're not really that difficult at all, just need TP to asuran it when it starts casting -ga to interrupt or you can get into some crap.

Edit: For those of you who said to farm, I've been 11/12 for the past 2hrs now.