Stingray
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 05:36:53  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Go for full Perle.

Been trying, but I can't find a way to 5 hit with stingray with full perle....
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-08-02 05:41:32  
My stingray almost completed, but I have the weakens defense langdebeve, so I can't find a reason to finish it. If im right, even with the extra STP on stingray and the stp on my tp set WITH aurum, I still wont have a five hit. I think i'll /toss it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-02 05:43:55  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Go for full Perle.

Been trying, but I can't find a way to 5 hit with stingray with full perle....

If he can't 5hit it I'd go for full perle (I think you need a brisk mask or something for 5hit polearm anyway).
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-02 05:44:05  
You can, however make a strong 6 hit with full perle with stingray. You don't even need a Goading belt to do it, and also you can keep pole strap.

Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-23 15:02:43  
Sorry to bump old thread...

I have a question for anyone that has finished this weap doing the 800 ws for +dmg and stp.

Where is the best place that you've found doing the 800 ws on Amorphs? I've heard a few things but nothing sounds all that good to me.

Thanks in advance for the help.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-23 15:08:53  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

I have a question for anyone that has finished this weap doing the 800 ws for +dmg and stp.

Where is the best place that you've found doing the 800 ws on Amorphs? I've heard a few things but nothing sounds all that good to me.

I haven't done it yet, but I would imagine abyssea pt on worms would be pretty good for that.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-23 15:15:05  
Caedarva Leeches around the pond right outside Nashmau. I suggest spamming Leg Sweep.
 Ifrit.Zibo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-23 15:24:07  
Bismarck.Osaia said:
How much MORE STP would I need DRG/SAM to get a 5hit anyway?

I heard Walahra Turban + Dusk gloves give a hidden effect of 20 stp.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-23 15:28:10  
If you're looking for easy Amorphs, there are basically unlimited leeches/slimes in Bostaunieux Oubliette, they'd die quicker, but since there are so many I doubt it would matter really.
 Sylph.Spiriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-08-28 14:20:17  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

I did mine around the pond outside of Nashmau. You'll bump into BLUs. And PLDs. And RDMs. And it takes an ungodly amount of time. But it's gotta be done.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 21:27:33  
The amount of Store tp needed to 5hit sounds insane.. In a typical DD situation (nothing too strong to not melee <.<) would the 5-hit even be plausable? How much acc/haste would be lost?

I'm currently using weaken def -15% w/ a 6hit.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-28 21:32:28  
Ifrit.Zibo said:
If you're looking for easy Amorphs, there are basically unlimited leeches/slimes in Bostaunieux Oubliette, they'd die quicker, but since there are so many I doubt it would matter really.
this place
long live leg sweep!
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-28 21:33:51  
It's actually not to hard to get enough STP if your LS can take down Lacovie for Goading belt and Tyger for Aurum Cuirass. And if you have a 504 Delay or STP+8 Lance.

Brisk Mask would be ideal, but you can substitute that with Carbonara.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 21:54:29  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Goading belt. Aurum Cuirass
Brisk Mask.

Yep. I'm not going for this ;p As I don't have a competant aby-NM shell, nor do I do znm, lol.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-04 13:46:45  
Just finished my Stingray and Love it..Dmg+15 StoreTP+8 is hot..I can 6hit with /mage now..nothing game breaking but still love it.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-09-04 14:23:36  
i'm working on both the langdebeve alzeroth mentioned and the sTP stingray, they'll both be good in different situations i think. but so far its been slow going cause i'm lazy =)
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-09-04 14:43:38  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
i'm working on both the langdebeve alzeroth mentioned and the sTP stingray, they'll both be good in different situations i think. but so far its been slow going cause i'm lazy =)
I ***'d alot when I was doing my stingray its not hard or difficult at all..just long, tedious and boring. It couldn't have been that bad because I am thinking about starting a new one.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-09-05 13:52:54  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
I ***'d alot when I was doing my stingray its not hard or difficult at all..just long, tedious and boring. It couldn't have been that bad because I am thinking about starting a new one.

oh stingray's not hard at all, especially compared to the elemental ones where you have to have weather/time =/

Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-09-05 14:10:11  
Lol stp+8 is great.
Allows me to have 6hit on /sam and use perle.

And i can have a DRG 5hit once i land goading/brisk.

And if it can be upgraded further, mmm mmmm