users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » bst new gear
bst new gear
 Sylph.Heckster
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Heckster
By Sylph.Heckster 2010-07-04 18:25:33  
with perle's haste and + str and aurore's acc and store TP, which do you think will be better for bst?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 18:34:05  
For TPing, I'd go with Aurore. Enmity+ is {No thanks}. Don't think I'd use the full sets if I didn't have to.
 Sylph.Heckster
By Sylph.Heckster 2010-07-04 18:47:18  
To be honest i wasn't worried about the +enmity because so far for exping and fighting I have used jugs and I can just /snarl. Both sets seem to be situational for bst so I'm just seeing which one would offer more to the job.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-04 19:31:55  
Mix/match, but for the most party Byakko's/W.turban win on head/Legs, Dusk on hands, and well... Perle Feet are nice!

Perle Body if you don't need the extra... 2? Accuracy from haub over it.

Now, if you're a BST who cannot get a Byakko's, since you have no other Haste pants options, Full Perle over anything else you can wear will give several very nice bonuses to Acc/atk and Stats as well as superior haste to your average W.turban/dusk/dusk BST.

Since T./Dusk/Dusk will only give you ~10% haste and Full Perle gives you 13%.

Then again im sure theres a use for Aurore too.
 Caitsith.Hikarino
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Hikarino
By Caitsith.Hikarino 2010-07-04 19:41:40  
Jug EXP tends to be somewhat slower than charm exp, from my own experience. Nothing like chaining4~5 (had a seven once, but that was a VERY lucky colibri chain) from level 40 to 75 (and probably 80) solo. I've never actually seen a jug pet that can survive an even match for five minutes without lots of reward gear... seems like jugs are best in groups or for lower level things. I disclude campaign because campaign is just a whole 'nother beast.

Back on topic... Aurore would most definitely be king of the TPing choices, if I only had to chose between the two. Even with snarl, with too much +enmity you're going to find yourself pulling hate faster than you can shed it at the start of a fight, unless you open with a weapon skill. The set has enough haste to be acceptable, at 11% (compared to the 13% from wearing full perle), while maintaining decent levels of accuracy and dexterity. Again, even as a jug beast master, too much melee damage with enmity+ will make fights start out pretty rough, as you'll pull have five seconds after snarling (of course, you can turn around, start with a weapon skill then snarl, etc., but these are all besides the point).

For weapon skilling, especially if you're doing it to end a fight or simply going to snarl all that hate away right after, Perle will win. Lots of strength, dexterity, accuracy, attack, and even some critical hit rate (for those rampage numbers), you'll do some decently high numbers pretty consistently; but only if you can guarantee the monster won't be turning around and beating you bloody senseless (accomplished via a quick snarl, or only doing it at the end of a fight).

I won't get into the particulars of charm bst exp versus jug bst exp, but suffice to say I tried jug bst exp once and... Well, it wasn't for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but the exp wasn't even half as good as charm exp (which does take a considerable amount of practice to get used to the flow of things; I didn't get it until sometime around 64, and I'd been doing it since the twenties), so my opinion matches Ninetales for the most part. +enmity is a big nono. I currently fulltime Patroclus's helm (TPing and weaponskilling) for the very nice -5 enmity, and am looking into Novia earring to help me push out better melee numbers while letting my pet keep hate.

/wallotext
 Sylph.Heckster
By Sylph.Heckster 2010-07-04 19:51:04  
Thank you very much for the info and points of view. Right now im only jugging in a duo/trio group on for 7k-10k/hour which is good enough for me at the moment. the new jugs are actually really good to exp with. Anywho im sure ill be charm leveling again soon and the perle probably does have to much +emnity to be useful in that situation. thank you guys.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-04 20:17:53  
Strictly speaking to people who cannot obtain Byakkos.

For Solo play, if you're worried about Enmity, then the only thing you should worry about getting is Aurore Brais, the Haste+3 Acc+9 pants, and stick with W.turban/Dusk/Dusk.

You could replace Haub with Perle if you don't need the added accuracy.

But i wouldn't do full Aurore, you're better off saving your gil and keeping your dusk/w.turban for now, maybe buy a few certain Perle pieces for WS as well.
 Sylph.Heckster
By Sylph.Heckster 2010-07-04 20:34:12  
Probably a noob question but i don't usually deal with sets, do you get a partial set bonus for a partial set?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-04 21:00:58  
side thought to this i use do bst/war with couple bst friends masking party like that and tossing in healer and some regular dd. then just bounce the hate around the bst with voke and snarl combos. made like close to 20k a hour maybe lil more and this +enemity would help. Another thing is it gives u better fef stats over hauby not to mention dusk has slow movment speed that can get a bst killed.

also you wouldnt be a pink beast... pink ...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-07-04 21:29:29  
Sylph.Heckster said:
Probably a noob question but i don't usually deal with sets, do you get a partial set bonus for a partial set?
No.

On a side note, I think Aurore body is better TP than Perle because DA > crit. Gonna be fiddling with STP numbers to see if the STP+8 on set is worth anything, probably not, but hey it might dock a hit.

Perle would be better for Rampage, though, if you use it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-04 21:29:41  
As far as visible slot options go...

Active with Pet
Head: Spurrer Beret
Body: Mirke WarDecores (PetAcc/Atk)
Hands: Perle Mufflers
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Aurum Sabatons

Idle, Pet engaged
Head: Anwig Salade (PetHaste, PetDT-10%)
Body: Mirke WarDecores (PetAcc/Atk
Hands: Beast Bazubands
Legs: Askar Cosciales or Herder Subligar
Feet: Skadi's Jambeux Or Askar Feet

Lol who Needs a WAR?
Head: Acuben's Helm
Body: Adaman Hauberk or Any DD Hauberk line.
Hands: Dusk Gloves
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Aurum Sabatons

Those are probably the best sets you can get for the situation Some gear on there is easier to obtain than you might first think.

If you're just going for Damage yourself, I'd say 5/5 Perle will set you up nicely, at a cost of monster aggression, which in a party situation or with Jugs, is a non-issue mostly.

If you are serious about Beastmaster though, take the time to get some Pet offensive equipment. Considering pets hit for 90-160 at 240 delay, it's not something that should be ignored. Beastmaster Jugs (The new post 75 ones) in Abyssea particularly is a rapefest, essentially a free DD that you don't have to cure. Lucky Lulush hits Even the NM's at 95% accuracy for 100+, with Foot Kicks up to 700.

Two things that should be at the tippy top of the "To get" list for beasmasters, including relic Beastmasters are:

Ferine Mantle (Rashovnik)
Glyph Axe (Bakka)

Ferine Mantle might be a little hard, Rashovnik can go from a docile little cuntspurt to a ravaging anal wart in about 2 seconds, on top of the Ferine Mantle not liking to drop unless you trigger the Atma surge through exploiting the weaknesses. Bakka on the other hand, gleefully departs with the Glyph Axe at about a 60% rate. For that, you can probably follow a group into abyssea and offer to pull Bakka (Bst is exceptional at pulling through the death trap of Corpselights) in exchange for the Glyph axe, as Bakka Also drops that new Black Mage JSE Neckpiece.

As for Exp with jugs, jugs were never designed for that. They're for situations where you can't charm *** (Such as Abyssea, Sea and Dynamis) and also where you are not expected to take hate (Exp party with high-power DD).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-07 00:42:53  
forgot pallas shield and liontamer
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-07 01:15:09  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
forgot pallas shield and liontamer

I didn't list any weapons at all in the sets, period, nor did I mention any non-static augmentations.

If you're hell bent on it.

Glyph/Punisher (Jug Pet's /NIN or /DNC and engaged)
Glyph/Pallas' (Jug Pet Not engaged with pet)
Skeggiold+1/Pallas' <Pet,PhyDMG-%>(/WHM not engaged with pet)
Punisher/Sentinel (/WHM engaged with [charmed]Pet)