Drg 5hit Build Finally Possible

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Drg 5hit Build Finally Possible
Drg 5hit Build Finally Possible
Offline
Posts: 9
By Eldinia 2010-06-26 06:49:33  
With the new update drg's are final able to obtain a true 5hit build without sacrificing haste slots. Drg/sam will need a total of 36 store tp

Rose Strap = 4

Askar Body = 5

Rajas = 5

Goading Belt = 5

Brutal Earring = 1

Brisk Mask = 4

Stingray(new polarm) Base dmg 98 store tp 8

Ecphoria Ring = 1

Attila's Earring = 1

White Tathlum = 2

36

If you feel as tho you need more acc.. You can always take 5-6 store tp off and replace it with NQ/HQ Store Tp Food. In anycase i think it would be pretty epic to do a event like dynamis or Einy.





 Phoenix.Smileybone
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
Posts: 738
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-26 06:54:36  
Aurum Cuirass has Store TP +7 (2 more then askar) which would free up attila's Earring and Ecphoria ring. Or White Tathlum.
Offline
Posts: 9
By Eldinia 2010-06-26 06:56:14  
yea this is true.. i said askar only cause i think it's more easier to get then aurum
 Titan.Stealthwolf
Offline
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 40
By Titan.Stealthwolf 2010-06-26 07:14:04  

Attila's Earring drg's cant wear

i only know cause i baught one about 2months ago went to equip and was like dam lol
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Offline
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
Posts: 2741
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-06-26 07:18:26  
tell me where i can get brisk mask and goading belt >o
Offline
Posts: 9
By Eldinia 2010-06-26 07:19:09  
Hmm. guess u would have no choice but to wear Aurum body or use Store Tp food.. Wear Chiv Chain not worth taking off Love Torque
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15049
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-26 07:30:45  
Eldinia said:
With the new update drg's are final able to obtain a true 5hit build without sacrificing haste slots. Drg/sam will need a total of 36 store tp

Rose Strap = 4

Askar Body = 5

Rajas = 5

Goading Belt = 5

Brutal Earring = 1

Brisk Mask = 4

Stingray(new polarm) Base dmg 98 store tp 8

Ecphoria Ring = 1

Attila's Earring = 1

White Tathlum = 2

36

If you feel as tho you need more acc.. You can always take 5-6 store tp off and replace it with NQ/HQ Store Tp Food. In anycase i think it would be pretty epic to do a event like dynamis or Einy.





Would be better w/ acc food and the stp in gear than the stp in food and acc in gear
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 13:44:34  
Not worth it. You're giving up ~10+ base damage on your polearm (13 assuming Rhongiomant), minimum 2 haste (head, ring) and potentially 6 (belt, body), and various other offensive stats that vary with your build.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
Posts: 363
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-26 13:54:51  
People need to give up this 5 hit nonsense, if you arent a sam it is not worth doing based on current gear. Eating carbonara is gimp as *** in most cases. Hell with this setup you'd be better off using that haste +3 body and eating pizza rather than doing 5 hit. I think people don't understand that +haste = faster weapon skills= more weapon skill damage in the same ammount of time. It also contributes more melee damage. V belt is still better than goading belt if you have it, the only bonus to goading is that it will let you use sword strap on most weapons which is better than pole grip.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 14:09:48  
Sword v Pole is about the biggest sidegrade ever for DRGs due to jumps not being affected by Sword Strap's delay reduction. If I only had Goading and no V/Bullwhip Belt, I'd probably use it to get out of needing an STP body (2% haste bodies gogo!).

Other than that, 100% agree. 5 hit builds for non SAM or RNG jobs tend to be really iffy simply because of how much you give up. There are exceptions, but most of them rely on Carbonara to avoid giving up offensive stats and thus don't apply anywhere you'd use pizza. Fodder mobs only.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
Posts: 363
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-26 14:31:05  
Yea I suppose sword strap isn't a big deal for drg. I was thinking mainly for drks and wars. At least for apocalypse that 5stp is just enough to keep 6 hit and go to sword strap which imo is a big upgrade for me. Warrior would probably get more benefit out of it too based on the returns of DA vs haste on that job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 14:43:47  
Yeah I can definitely understand wanting to use it on DRK or WAR... especially Apoc DRK; cap your haste, use Sword Strap, and lose next to nothing in the process.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
Posts: 5318
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-26 14:44:15  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
People need to give up this 5 hit nonsense, if you arent a sam it is not worth doing based on current gear. Eating carbonara is gimp as *** in most cases. Hell with this setup you'd be better off using that haste 3 body and eating pizza rather than doing 5 hit. I think people don't understand that haste = faster weapon skills= more weapon skill damage in the same ammount of time. It also contributes more melee damage. V belt is still better than goading belt if you have it, the only bonus to goading is that it will let you use sword strap on most weapons which is better than pole grip.

You can make a decent 5hit with your apoc aftermath ;O
 Cerberus.Excelior
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
Posts: 363
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-26 16:38:20  
If by decent you mean sacrificing like 20 accuracy, a ton of attack and being dependent on carbonara than sure.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
Posts: 11680
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 17:21:31  
Carbonara, Rose Strap, White Tathlum, Brisk Mask, Aurum Cuirass, Goading Belt, Ecphoria Ring, Rajas Ring, Brutal Earring gets you enough to WS in whatever you want. Haste from Brisk, Goading, Dusk +1/new haste+4 hands, Homam legs... or Homam hands + Blitz + Wtath.

You're definitely giving up acc, especially from food and the body slot, but other than that it doesn't look *too* horrible... certainly far better than the 5-hit options you had prior to this update.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
Posts: 363
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-27 13:36:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbonara, Rose Strap, White Tathlum, Brisk Mask, Aurum Cuirass, Goading Belt, Ecphoria Ring, Rajas Ring, Brutal Earring gets you enough to WS in whatever you want. Haste from Brisk, Goading, Dusk 1/new haste 4 hands, Homam legs... or Homam hands Blitz Wtath. You're definitely giving up acc, especially from food and the body slot, but other than that it doesn't look *too* horrible... certainly far better than the 5-hit options you had prior to this update.

The thing people arent understanding is that our current standards of accuracy are gone. +70 accuracy on gear is going to be average for new content target EVA/level. I think without pizza at level 76 I was parsing only 90% accuracy on promy mobs. In tht specific case going from 90-95% accuracy would have increased all damage by 5%, where going to the 6 hit would have only increased WS damage by about 15%. While this new gear may be amazing for fighting the old content it will still fall short in the long run on the more difficult stuff that is released. If anyone has a different view on that I'd be interested in hearing it.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
Offline
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Alzeroth
Posts: 390
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-07-09 07:42:29  


BAM!

There it is ladies. aha.
[+]
Log in to post.