フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Blitz Ring
Blitz Ring
First Page 2
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:03:00  
At what conditions is it acceptable for a War to equip a Blitz Ring instead of an Acc ring?

I just got a Fortitude Torque and I was wondering if I should now switch from a snipers to a blitz?

Yes I have GA merits but only 7/8. I can make room for the 8th and probably will soon.

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-24 15:04:10  
Basically everywhere. You should be eating Pizza on the majority of stuff and using Turban/Blitz. It's better to use PCC + Blitz than FortTorque + Acc ring too.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-24 15:04:48  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Basically everywhere.
 Cerberus.Excelior
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-24 15:07:17  
Don't use askar helm! If you're considering using blitz ring for 1% haste why wouldn't you also consider turban :/
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-24 15:08:16  
Jesus Christ, I completely didn't notice the Askar.

I officially retire from gear assistance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:14:45  
As of late I have been rethinking my War..last night in dynamis I had another War make fun of me ; ; because I wasn't fulltiming Af2 War Hands! This confused me greatly..apparently I have little to no knowledge or understanding of how to be a Warrior...so I don't think I am qualified to answer your question.

However..
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Basically everywhere. You should be eating Pizza on the majority of stuff and using Turban/Blitz. It's better to use PCC Blitz than FortTorque Acc ring too.
Raen is more than qualified to answer the question.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:15:50  
I do use Walmart turban most of the time. I use askar on occasion too though. it's not like I dont have or use one. I have been eating pretty much only Yellow curry Buns in parties and doing just great. On trolls I was doing fine but when I swap to mostly Haste I should switch to pizza? That's interesting, thanks for the help
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2010-06-24 15:17:07  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
As of late I have been rethinking my War..last night in dynamis I had another War make fun of me ; ; because I wasn't fulltiming Af2 War Hands! This confused me greatly..apparently I have little to no knowledge or understanding of how to be a Warrior...so I don't think I am qualified to answer your question.

That warrior should be shot. lolwarrelic
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-24 15:18:14  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
As of late I have been rethinking my War..last night in dynamis I had another War make fun of me ; ; because I wasn't fulltiming Af2 War Hands! This confused me greatly..apparently I have little to no knowledge or understanding of how to be a Warrior...so I don't think I am qualified to answer your question. However..
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Basically everywhere. You should be eating Pizza on the majority of stuff and using Turban/Blitz. It's better to use PCC Blitz than FortTorque Acc ring too.

Clearly artifact V2 is the best gear in the game. I mean it drops from dynamis and has a rare ex symbol.

@OP the thing about pizza is since it supplys both accuracy and attack its the optimal food for everyting you fight. If you're capped accuracy you can change out gear for more attack/haste/double attack or w/e you can find. This will generally be a higher bonus than just eating straight meat.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:19:29  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
As of late I have been rethinking my War..last night in dynamis I had another War make fun of me ; ; because I wasn't fulltiming Af2 War Hands! This confused me greatly..apparently I have little to no knowledge or understanding of how to be a Warrior...so I don't think I am qualified to answer your question. However..
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Clearly artifact V2 is the best gear in the game. I mean it drops from dynamis and has a rare ex symbol.

I have a friend who full times these and he will not switch for anything.......
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:20:33  
Siren.Enternius said:
Jesus Christ, I completely didn't notice the Askar. I officially retire from gear assistance.
I thought you were skipping over it to be polite..anyone wondering if they should be using Blitz, is most likely using turban but put Askar in gear set to stump us.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:21:31  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Jesus Christ, I completely didn't notice the Askar. I officially retire from gear assistance.
I thought you were skipping over it to be polite..anyone wondering if they should be using Blitz, is most likely using turban but put Askar in gear set to stump us.

Or has an item set that's not taken care of. I swear, its gonna leave me one day cause I neglect it.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:38:26  
Siren.Murdock said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
That warrior should be shot. lolwarrelic
I wish I would have SS'd our Conversation..it was mind blowing..said something to the effect of..

"hitting fast isn't everything..the more attk you have helps every swing hit harder."

He said that war's that TP in Dusk/Dusk+1 or that load Haste are just sheep that don't really know game mechnaics for war..

"Haste is for mnk's imma war" <- this was my favorite..

/brb dropping kitty pants.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-24 15:45:10  
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

@OP the thing about pizza is since it supplys both accuracy and attack its the optimal food for everyting you fight. If you're capped accuracy you can change out gear for more attack/haste/double attack or w/e you can find. This will generally be a higher bonus than just eating straight meat.

Warrior's Cuisses dont suck for SC OR KJ

@Akibakei this is my current set and I have no problem eating meats and hitting stuff. However if I do pizza time.
Full Great axe Merits
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-24 15:50:01  
I'm glad people are semi-humble about giving advice and assistance on gear setups. Anyways, looking at Rafik's setup and having merits in mind, would it be safe to say that eating meat wouldn't be detrimental in the accuracy demand assuming you were fighting things roughly VT-low phase IT? Or is pizza the best way to go as far as giving freedom for using haste gear and not losing out on needed acc?
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:52:20  
Quote:
Ok fine you win for SC..they might not "suck" but there are surely better options for KJ.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:54:45  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I'm glad people are semi-humble about giving advice and assistance on gear setups. Anyways, looking at Rafik's setup and having merits in mind, would it be safe to say that eating meat wouldn't be detrimental in the accuracy demand assuming you were fighting things roughly VT-low phase IT? Or is pizza the best way to go as far as giving freedom for using haste gear and not losing out on needed acc?

Well the thing is after eating pizza where in the world am I going to gain more attack or haste? I will upgrade my belt to one of those new ones as soon as I can and I dont have the gil for Dusk Ledelsens +1 or Dusk Hands +1. This will probably maximize my War.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 15:55:40  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quote:
Ok fine you win for SC..they might not "suck" but there are surely better options for KJ.

Since you brought it up, what is a good KJ leg piece? I was thinking Ebon Brayettes for Str, Attack and a little Double Attack.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-24 15:56:32  
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Keep this in mind I use my war for Einherjar and with the new level cap need to make some changes. Most likely swapping out fire bomblet for bomb core
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-24 15:56:37  
Hachiryu Haidate. >_>
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:58:05  
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quote:
Since you brought it up, what is a good KJ leg piece? I was thinking Ebon Brayettes for Str, Attack and a little Double Attack.
Ares Or AF2.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-24 15:58:31  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Hachiryu Haidate. >_>
or Aurum Cuisses if you dont have relic pants or hachi
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-24 15:58:35  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Keep this in mind I use my war for Einherjar and with the new level cap need to make some changes. Most likely swapping out fire bomblet for bomb core

Ah yes, with (was it around 20ish?) new weapon/magic skill caps increased with levels, accuracy isn't much of an issue on mobs we had previously faced. So this is sorta like having eaten pizza when looking at a before/after effect, possibly giving meat a new glossy appeal or switching out previously acc aided pieces with haste/atk.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-24 15:59:00  
hmm lol I see now where we got confused he was talking about legs usefullness and I was talking about hands..my bad I apologize.

Edit: And I forgot about Hachiryu..so Hachiryi > Ares > AF2 > Aurum..for gear that is already out..for KJ not including any of the new gear.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 16:00:29  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Quote:
Ares Or AF2.

Will never have either. I only play part time and I dont do dynamis and salvage costs too much gil.
Caitsith.Linear said:
Hachiryu Haidate. >_>

get out
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-24 16:02:58  

Blitz Ring is top notch if you're tping in a decent amount of haste and getting haste spell. Like others have said, get one and adjust other gear to make it work, it's well worth the effort.

Ninja edit:

Hachiryu are great for KJ, and doing the znm fight for it even in a shout group is profitable. If haidate drop, you win. If they don't, reserve a hide and sell it, you still win. Pardon the sword strap in the second set, I used to have Acc/Stp ACP body, and never upgraded the item set to Pole Grip after I got swapped bodies.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-24 16:12:56  
I WANT Hachiryu, dont get me wrong, but I just dont ever see it happening and even MERCing it would cost way too much.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-06-24 16:31:14  
Anyone remember tossing a Blitz Ring because it was only worth 2-5k at one time? I think I tossed three or four of them :(
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-24 16:31:44  
I guess I'm just spoiled by Asura, it's not difficult to do shout ZNMs here at T3 and T4.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-24 16:34:37  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I'm glad people are semi-humble about giving advice and assistance on gear setups.

It's only a minority who are actually arrogant or stuck up when giving advice. Most of us don't have something up our ***! Only other time it gets nasty if the advice asker is like NO U R WRONG etc after asking for advice.
First Page 2