フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRGs: Post your new gear sets :O
DRGs: Post your new gear sets :O
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 12:15:16  
Made another thread due to a couple *** ruining my last one.

From what you can tell so far, your gear set ups will look like by lv80. I'm curious to see how everyone's will look like

Well, here's what mine may look like at lv80 gears :D. Feel free to suggest changes to each others sets as this new update has given us plenty options

TP

I've got Turban, and was thinking about the new haste hands and body as well as perle hauberk for tp if I don't get nocturnus

Low ws(non endgame/meriting)

High WS(endgame)

Galea has 25ACC 4STR, and I may use Zmail instead of nocturnus.

Alot of new gear spoke to me, Ziel Neck and Nifty Mantle to name a couple :(. Personally though the 12 acc 5 skill head pieces don't
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Doinitright. Rose Strap instead of Pole Grip for 492 delay polearms (don't need for OAT), otherwise this is basically spot-on. Nocturnus Mail is a the best trade from haste to acc you can make in this build; I doubt you'd have to swap beyond that given pizza but everything's changing with the update so I could be wrong. To be honest even before the update this was about right; Wyrm Mail +1, Dusk +1, and Vbelt were the only significant differences.

Pole > Rose is a better trade than Bullwhip > Goading or even VBelt > Goading. Askar's really not that bad a piece either.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-23 12:18:46  
Props.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 12:19:11  
O-o I put askar hat up for style purposes
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-23 12:27:23  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Lol why make a gear set with gear that you don't currently use? I don't see the point in that expecially when the topic is about Tp/WS set..

And is there some hidden rule that if the first thread fails create another and it will trick the "~Trolls!!"

Nope they will find this one and destroy it just as fast.
[+]
 Ramuh.Deebs
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Deebs 2010-06-23 12:28:26  
OP: Acc Overload? Or is it just me?
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-23 12:35:33  
I'll post some new STP setups later tonight maybe.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 12:35:36  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
Lol why make a gear set with gear that you don't currently use? I don't see the point in that expecially when the topic is about Tp/WS set..

And is there some hidden rule that if the first thread fails create another and it will trick the "~Trolls!!"

Nope they will find this one and destroy it just as fast.

Um, it's just for getting an idea of how people will gear post 75. It's not a crime to make a setup of stuff I'd like to get, that's what a lot of people do when they level jobs.

:Edit:
Hidden rule? No, I wasn't going to argue anymore with a couple of douchebags, and I certainly don't want to have to start arguing with you also. So please don't start.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-23 12:50:11  
Ramuh.Deebs said:

Yeh id say way to much acc added in on the WSs there lol. All im looking at atm is that weapon... :Q_
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 12:54:59  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Ramuh.Deebs said:

Yeh id say way to much acc added in on the WSs there lol. All im looking at atm is that weapon... :Q_

Hmmm well I figured that the high WS set needed more ACC for 'endgame' nms that like to dodge alot lol. Maybe I over did it in the low ws set, which is meant for birds... xD have to count..

Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-23 15:52:17  

This is what I really want to aim for. Hell I'd be happy with this.

(No Noct Mail Access and No Haste Pants atm.)
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 16:27:07  
Need one more sTP I believe. You should get um, an ethereal earring for solo! It's such a life saver :). I'm not sure about lancer's torque for tping, probably would just want to stick with Love Torque. I too thought about using brisk mask as well, the sTP and haste combo really appealed to me, along with the att/acc bonus.

I wonder if Perle Hauberk set has partial bonus effects like with the Lv55 AN sets. Would be sick if Perle Hauberk and legs gave you like, 1-2% extra for having a partial set.

I'm not sure about lancer's torque for tping, probably would just want to stick with Love Torque. I don't think anyone knows if that and the increase wyvern breath dmg item affect Healing Breath, I REALLY hope they do though.

Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-23 16:36:34  
Do we have any idea how hard this gear is going to be to obtain? And if we don't have any idea how hard/expensive this gear is..aren't there still much better sets we should be "aiming" for..or are we just doing this because its new gear?

Lakshmi.Thala
By Lakshmi.Thala 2010-06-23 16:42:01  
All purpose single set cause I'm gimp like that!

Gungnir is just a dream for the time being, I'll be going for Rhongomiant.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-23 17:24:31  
^ you broke it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 17:30:38  
I'd appreciate some context behind my post in the OP since part of it did not pertain to the sets you've listed.
Ramuh.Deebs said:
It's not just you.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 18:47:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'd appreciate some context behind my post in the OP since part of it did not pertain to the sets you've listed.
Ramuh.Deebs said:
It's not just you.

Ahhh, I'll try to incorporate less acc in builds to come!

Oh and I just wanted to cross over some of the stuff you said before so i don't have to hear someone else repeat it :O your words are absolute!

Hmm, I wonder if using Shitotsu Hachimaki would be worth using using for WS instead of say heca cap are my augmented Galea.... to me it just looks like a +15ish ACC head piece
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 19:07:41  
Probably not. We get acc bonus III on the way to 80 so our acc needs are reduced even on new equivalents of old mobs.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-23 19:11:26  
I'm gonna be spamming Drakesbane so as long as it's not Gcolibri I'll be okay with a partial 6 hit. Love Torque? Sure get me one :P

But acc would most likely be capped with Pizza+1 so STR+5 with a breath increase should be a nice bonus since I lack Love Torque. (For WAR Capped Acc Kbeads and Blitz Ring is a nice aggressor up combo so I'll apply that to DRG if acc is capped otherwise it's PCC). reason for this is Fort Torque sucks.

Also I'm keeping my Hollow I had Ethereal and never really needed it since refresh is present in almost any area right now. Also I don't solo too much anyways so that earring is moot to me. Hollow is a great DD Earring. Been there done that on the extreme solo build.

If I'm really hurting for attack+ I'll get an Aesir Earring.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-23 19:42:44  
As of right now, these are the sets I'll be aiming for on DRG.

TP:

Multi Hit WS:

Single Hit WS:

*Appropriate Sea Gorget depending on WS
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 20:18:14  
SO for Wheeling thrust I shouldn't look at getting a ton of ACC for endgame mobs like i have in my endgame build?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 20:27:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Probably not. We get acc bonus III on the way to 80 so our acc needs are reduced even on new equivalents of old mobs.

whoa wha? acc III ><? i didn't read anything about that
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 20:41:24  
Verified using /check on Greater Colibri. 13 more acc for a total of 35 from traits. Linear mentioned elsewhere that we appear to get Attack Bonus II as well.

It wouldn't have been in the update notes.

And no, Wheeling/Sonic are best geared with full damage builds.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 20:49:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Verified using /check on Greater Colibri. 13 more acc for a total of 35 from traits. Linear mentioned elsewhere that we appear to get Attack Bonus II as well.

It wouldn't have been in the update notes.

And no, Wheeling/Sonic are best geared with full damage builds.

lol, adding accuracy and attack bonus is definitely something to mention. Perhaps the tests were done on a job that hit 80 and the guy forgot to take into account more polearm skill?

That def changes a lot of things then! Hmmmm, soon as I get back on FFXI I have to recount my total accuracy, maybe with ACC III I can replace the 25acc galea for something!
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-23 20:59:10  
Makes sense.
Sam's got a boost to hasso. So im sure the rest of the jobs with theyre appropriate traits/skills got adjusted.

Im going crazy over the options in gear being available. I dont know waht to go for first and how to get it or where to start.

/mind boggle :s
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-23 21:05:38  
Btw ~ sorry for double post.

Anyone know if that new neck piece that enhances birds breath will effect healing breath and if it will be a bigger calculation then our existing Chanoix gorget?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-23 21:13:07  
Why would they mention the normal progression of existing traits?
Quote:
Looks like DRG does get Accuracy Bonus 3.

Just went to thickets on 80 DRG with 342 acc.

67 DEX
300 Polearm
-20 accuracy
Gives a total 320 acc. Add on Acc Bonus 2 for 342 puts me just 3 acc over level 82s, 8acc over level 81s. I shouldn't have got low eva check message. This is where I'm a lil hazy, not sure if level correction plays any factor etc in this.

Anyway, all the Greater Colibris checked as low eva, if acc bonus III was in play I would have had 355 acc which would be > 10 above their eva, resulting in what I observed.

Can anyone confirm that what I've done was done correctly?
Over at BG. Confirmed by Byrthnoth.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 21:40:37  
yea i saw that post over on Alla like an hour ago heh.
Odin.Lowblow said:
Btw ~ sorry for double post.

Anyone know if that new neck piece that enhances birds breath will effect healing breath and if it will be a bigger calculation then our existing Chanoix gorget?

I unno, i'm hoping for Healing breath V though...
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-23 22:39:13  
Having second thoughts about the Attack Bonus II, Night mentioned. But for the life of me, this isn't making sense.

Naked besides weapon. Smart Grenade threw my testing off earlier.

Polearm Skill = 308 ATT
75 STR = 56 ATT
Attack Bonus II = 22 ATT

So, I should have 386 ATT. However, I only have 382 ATT.

Can't think of any reason why I'm off by 4 ATT.

Any idea's anyone?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-23 23:01:12  
what weapon you using? try using a weapon with the same DMG incase there's -att hidden effect :O

could also be your sub
First Page 2