フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Walk of Echoes
Walk of Echoes
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-21 23:32:08  
Went in there tonight w/ a full alliance of 18 and we choose #1 to enter... it was a battlefield full of CRABS (lol). We pulled one alone and... it became two and so on, much like the Bastok 9-1 fight. Zone-wide hate, and someone was saying that the crabs were basically calling for help from crabs all over the zone. All I know is we had multiple wipes and ran out of time.

Anyone else tried one?
 Sylph.Lalo
サーバ: Sylph
user: jdelabra
By Sylph.Lalo 2010-06-21 23:39:35  
yeah, we did the slimes one. To keep things short we wiped several times. My guess is that may be we need lvl 80 to be able to last and kill everything. Pretty much the same as OP, we pulled one then another one came when we had the first slime down to 50%.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-06-22 02:40:59  
Seems pretty epic fail to me. Went to the Walk of Echoes today expecting there to be a tonne of people there to check it out. There were a few people there, maybe like 15, and all of them were just sitting around the entrance doing absolutely nothing.

Checked all available battlefields, 0 people in all of them. Entered one by myself to see it and looks rather like the kind of thing that would require a lot of coordination and, considering what I've seen here tonight, it doesn't look either like anyone is willing to go in without a large group of people to begin with, say their LS. Yet if you go with your LS anyone else can enter the battlefield and leech rewards. Don't know what the hell SE was thinking when they thought up of this one.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-06-22 03:23:58  
I thought it was fun...
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-06-22 03:37:33  
I hated it with a burning passion.

At least there isn't exp loss.
 Sylph.Mayeh
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mayeh
By Sylph.Mayeh 2010-06-22 03:52:54  
Tried the Slimes. There are groups of normal size slimes around a HUGE slime. Pull one they all come. Sac pulling seemed okay, one person grabs the whole group and runs off while one normal size slime is pulled out. Try to kill the one slime before everything gets back. They have a HUGE link range. By the time we worked this out, we were almost out of time.

Next tried the antlions. We were doing okay until they started to link and then after a bit they seemed to come in at random. We pulled them all the way back to the start area and we were still getting links. Managed to kill about 5 of them with maybe 15 people.

Everyone got a temp item with each mob that was killed. only drops we got were from the antlions. One HQ Jaw, one regular jaw and a "Coin of Advancement."

You will need a lot of people to win these zones. We didn't take on any bosses other than when they attacked due to aggro. They hit HARD, will likely need dedicated healers on the tank. All mobs seem to cast, the antlions were using Stonega 2 so NIN tanks will need healing when shadows get wiped.
By Elevan 2010-06-22 05:11:33  
The strategy to beat the slimes has to be a way to deal with them all at once. The mobs hit VERY VERY hard.

I mean REALLY hard.....
really...
 Fairy.Tibirian
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tibirian
By Fairy.Tibirian 2010-06-22 05:28:56  
Well the Coins look like the are going to fit into the Trial of the Magins Quest. As for the toughness. I think that these are events that We are not supposed to be able to do as of now. Like anything eventually people will come up with strats and we will start winning. Plus it's about time SE threw in some really hard ***. Sure we are dying but I think its ton of fun.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 06:38:58  
Keep in mind that initial update with new content is really just a "poke it with a stick" phase for SE. It will require actual input from actual players before it gets adjusted, which even then is a "maybe", and would take who knows how long.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 06:54:35  
I entered WoE and there was a group of ~9 in battlefield 1. I joined them and they had just wiped. Raised em all up. By the time they were ready to go again, we got booted from the battlefield due to time.

I was halfway through the Vanadiel day so I went on to the promys and abyssea content instead of waiting.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-22 10:06:25  
This sounds so fun to me I'm shocked at all the QQers, first off there is no xp loss...so who gives a rat's *** if the mobs don't give xp lets be serious...second no one has done this with 36 or even a full party of lv 80's so no one can tell ***yet...stop QQ and go lv your jobs to 80 then talk ***...lol what a bunch of party poopers 8D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:10:46  
Odin.Kalico said:
This sounds so fun to me I'm shocked at all the QQers, first off there is no xp loss...so who gives a rat's *** if the mobs don't give xp lets be serious...second no one has done this with 36 or even a full party of lv 80's so no one can tell ***yet...stop QQ and go lv your jobs to 80 then talk ***...lol what a bunch of party poopers 8D
Honestly, I see it as a new Einherjar. 30 minutes to *** as much ***up as you can. Sure, it's rough at first, but, once you figure things out and your group gets going, it's smooth sailing from there.
 Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-22 10:25:40  
The issue that i see with everyones complaints is they know nothing about the event yet. i did abyssea then walk of echos with an alliance of 18, we wern't expecting anything on these runs but had fun doing it.

as for my experience with WoE...

we had a full alliance plus a few random people, 1 giant slime along with 4 smaller ones. The slimes split and apparently so did the giant slime. we managed to kill quite a few but it ended up getting later in the night so we warped out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-22 10:29:32  
Asura.Rule said:
The issue that i see with everyones complaints is they know nothing about the event yet. i did abyssea then walk of echos with an alliance of 18, we wern't expecting anything on these runs but had fun doing it.

as for my experience with WoE...

we had a full alliance plus a few random people, 1 giant slime along with 4 smaller ones. The slimes split and apparently so did the giant slime. we managed to kill quite a few but it ended up getting later in the night so we warped out.
Now that I know there's no XP loss, I'm not going to hide behind the dead bodies as much, lol. When I entered WoE I was 4 into 76.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-24 21:22:33  
Just bumping to see if anyone has uncovered anymore info on this D:
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-24 21:29:52  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Just bumping to see if anyone has uncovered anymore info on this D:

Well, I can confirm that the crab zone is hard... <_>
 Leviathan.Rihoko
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-06-25 05:20:16  
I tried solo slimes one, lasted only 10 seconds with the help of Sentinel. I would last longer if I used Invincible. I can confirm that, unlike campaign battles you get skill-ups inside (even for 10 seconds my evasion increased by 0.1 4 times to a total of 0.4 increase).

WoE is very hard activity, but I'm guessing that these will be player's favorite in near future due to skill up increases.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 09:21:43  
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I tried solo slimes one, lasted only 10 seconds with the help of Sentinel. I would last longer if I used Invincible. I can confirm that, unlike campaign battles you get skill-ups inside (even for 10 seconds my evasion increased by 0.1 4 times to a total of 0.4 increase).

WoE is very hard activity, but I'm guessing that these will be player's favorite in near future due to skill up increases.
The skill ups are nice. Same for abyssea. I got all kinds of enhancing magic skill ups while hasting my trio.

There's a tad more info over on BG, but it's not much. The hate mechanics and triggers have to be worked out.
By Majae 2010-06-25 11:49:15  
Went in last night - we only managed to have 7 ppl in zone #2 - We killed about 6 mobs, then died shortly after each one due to the zone wide aggro.

After we killed one, 3-4 more would rush us plus the biggest slime mob I have ever seen.

Of course we lost, booted out, no xp, no rewards.

So far I think this event sucks. Aside from getting your entire LS in there an having a plan, I don't see how 36 random ppl can coordinate this thing in a solid fashion.

I'll keep giving it a try no and then, but I don't see what SE was thinking with this one.

It would be nice if they would atleast offer you XP for the mobs you DO manage to kill.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 11:52:44  
Majae said:
Went in last night - we only managed to have 7 ppl in zone #2 - We killed about 6 mobs, then died shortly after each one due to the zone wide aggro.

After we killed one, 3-4 more would rush us plus the biggest slime mob I have ever seen.

So far I think this event sucks. Aside from getting your entire LS in there an having a plan, I don't see how 36 random ppl can coordinate this thing in a solid fashion.

I'll keep giving it a try no and then, but I don't see what SE was thinking with this one.

It would be nice if they would atleast offer you XP for the mobs you DO manage to kill.
I'm just thankful this clusterfuck doesn't cost XP when you die.
By Majae 2010-06-25 11:58:06  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Majae said:

I'm just thankful this clusterfuck doesn't cost XP when you die.

True enough!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-06-25 12:07:13  
Ive cleared slimes 2x got cure 6 paeon 6 some craftables 2 tekko(14 acc) eiodlon pendantx2 other coins and such
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-25 12:11:31  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Most fail event I've ever seen...

Zone wide hate, one key item per FFXI day (which is 54 mins wait time max), 30 min per battle field max time and NO XP FROM KILLED MOBS!?!?

Seriously SE... what were you guys thinking...

I mean okay synthesis materials yay, but come on without any kind of rewards other than zone wide free lot and no xp, who is gonna do this crap?

Not QQing but it's the truth lol.

Sounds like a free-for-all dynamis
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 12:13:29  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
Ive cleared slimes 2x got cure 6 paeon 6 some craftables 2 tekko(14 acc) eiodlon pendantx2 other coins and such
With? Group size? Jobs? Any details?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2010-06-25 12:26:10  
HNM shell about 25, our normal odin jobs really, RDMs kite small ones zerg big ones there is only 4 big ones kill those and you win only 2 brds as well, we of course had followers but only like 2-3
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 12:30:46  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said:
HNM shell about 25, our normal odin jobs really, RDMs kite small ones zerg big ones there is only 4 big ones kill those and you win only 2 brds as well, we of course had followers but only like 2-3
'4 big ones'

Are those the VNM ones or the tier underneath? I thought there was only one VNM type per zone, or is that per floor of the zone?
 Asura.Serano
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-25 12:31:26  
This is the worst idea SE has came up with. Shame on them
 Bahamut.Habs
サーバ: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2010-06-25 12:38:35  
having kiters to deal with the mobs that seem to come after you eventually helps.last run we had 2 groups in there both pty's of 4.we were able to kill a few antlions,and when the eventual other mobs showed up even after a clean pull.i would kite them up and down the stairs like you do with zippy.
now our progress wasnt alot,but we killed a few things.so could see the potential with a larger group working together.

as well nukes seemd to hit very hard in two rooms i tried.with t3 rdm nukes doing 450+ wearing kiting gear.i cant imagine what a full blown lvl 80 blm could do,and with manashield...
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2010-06-25 12:42:10  
It skills up really good there !
Went with RDM/dnc PUP/dnc and SMN/whm !
RDM tank, PUP with whmdoll and smn subheal !
We killed 1 crab + 1/2 crab then we ran out of time XD
Tough fight tho <.<

And i discovered the new aquaveil O_O SO COOOOOOOOL
<Gab> Aquaveil!
<Gab> Stoneskin
<Gab> Gets hit !
<Gab> received the effect of stoneskin O_O woot

Really i love it now !!
First Page 2