Sonic Thrust?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sonic Thrust?
Sonic Thrust?
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-04 20:50:56  
:]

[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-04 21:06:40  
lol nice vid
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-06-04 22:17:27  
a ranged drg ws whyyyy :( this will not replace drakesbane and i bet the mod is gona be AGI -.-
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-06-04 22:24:47  
Lol this is amazing.
 Ifrit.Kawasaki
サーバ: Ifrit
user: kawasaki
By Ifrit.Kawasaki 2010-06-04 22:28:37  
awsome.
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-06-04 23:00:43  
Sonic boom!
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-04 23:36:20  
the similarities are uncanny!
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 23:46:03  
Are they only coming out with more weapon skill for each job?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-04 23:51:28  
14 new weapon skills have been shown, i'm willing to bet there will be more as the level cap increases
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-06-04 23:52:56  
I hope so.
Haha, if not everyone will need to be like 85-90 to get the new ones lol.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-04 23:58:10  
lol hopefully they'll not be rip off animations from other games =s
 Sylph.Teleia
サーバ: Sylph
user: Teleia
By Sylph.Teleia 2010-06-05 00:14:03  
Left, right, punch!
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-05 00:39:45  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
a ranged drg ws whyyyy :( this will not replace drakesbane and i bet the mod is gona be AGI -.-

If you watched the official video SE released for the new weapon skills you'll notice nearly all the melee weapon skills are activated at a significant distance further than melee range from the mob. I believe this is because the video was made for demonstrative purposes only similar to watching a WS on a model viewer and don't reflect the actual technicalities of their actual properties or range in game.

With that said, I really hope this becomes the new Wheeling Thrust. DRG deserves another hard hitting single hit WS for polearm.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-05 01:04:11  
While i think the idea of giving some range WS to some jobs look like a decent idea i think people might be reading a bit much into the video. Personally the only thing im looking at about these WS is that MAYBE the jobs lacking good 1 hit WS might finally get one, wheeling thrust always been pretty lame so here hoping for an improvement for those high def mobs situations.
 Sylph.Aleeanne
サーバ: Sylph
user: Aleeanne
By Sylph.Aleeanne 2010-06-11 07:03:56  
I personally think its rather cool but yes there are some jobs that do lack in a GOOD single hit WS. BUT, Wheeling Thrust is all what you make it. I have personally done up to 918 dmg on a dynamis Beaucedine Glacier mob with it,(not too bad for a single hit and /nin to boot). ppl were going wtf were did that come from (i died soon after cause of massive hate spike and superjump wasnt up). Lets just see how these new WS do. If anything we Drgs need a good replacement for "Gimpulse Drive". cause lets face it,,,,it blows.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-11 07:11:58  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
If you watched the official video SE released for the new weapon skills you'll notice nearly all the melee weapon skills are activated at a significant distance further than melee range from the mob. I believe this is because the video was made for demonstrative purposes only similar to watching a WS on a model viewer and don't reflect the actual technicalities of their actual properties or range in game. With that said, I really hope this becomes the new Wheeling Thrust. DRG deserves another hard hitting single hit WS for polearm.

this looks far from a single hit WS, it actually looks like it hits about 4 times.. i understnad it could be demonstrative however, i dnt see it being a 1-hit wonder
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 07:46:12  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
If you watched the official video SE released for the new weapon skills you'll notice nearly all the melee weapon skills are activated at a significant distance further than melee range from the mob. I believe this is because the video was made for demonstrative purposes only similar to watching a WS on a model viewer and don't reflect the actual technicalities of their actual properties or range in game. With that said, I really hope this becomes the new Wheeling Thrust. DRG deserves another hard hitting single hit WS for polearm.

this looks far from a single hit WS, it actually looks like it hits about 4 times.. i understnad it could be demonstrative however, i dnt see it being a 1-hit wonder

How does it look like it hits 4 times? >_>
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-06-11 07:56:07  
Actually... if you refer to their initial 'goal' of the magian trials, they're looking to allow for characters, character abilities, and things such as weapon skills to be augmented through the magian system. As such, yes, this weapon skill looks gimp as ***, but it should be taken with a grain of salt, as we may be able to augment it into a 8 hit critting, 500% STR/DEX modded WS after obtaining the killshot on Behemoths with Sonic Thrust 5000 times.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-11 08:08:47  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
How does it look like it hits 4 times? >_>

cus my computer lagged and repeated the same bit 4 times >.< damn darn these -£$%"£$%" computers

/em jumps off a bridge
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-11 08:18:28  
Quote:
cus my computer lagged and repeated the same bit 4 times >.< damn darn these -£$%"£$%" computers

/em jumps off a bridge

lol /comfort
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
user: Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-15 07:02:37  
It's been confirmed that TP will directly effect the rate of instant pwnage when using this weapon skill.
Awesomeness being a 100% modifier.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-24 09:46:48  
Is it just me or has anyone used this and felt like they are running faster? I know its a bit of a strange thought but i felt like i was running faster... aftermath... mazruka? >.>
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-24 09:50:51  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Is it just me or has anyone used this and felt like they are running faster? I know its a bit of a strange thought but i felt like i was running faster... aftermath... mazruka? >.>

Yeah, its meant for campaign use, "Aftermath: GTFO" after you sonic thrust 10 mobs lol.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-24 10:07:05  
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Yeah, its meant for campaign use, "Aftermath: GTFO" after you sonic thrust 10 mobs lol.

XD lol. My comment stands, i think we run faster >.>
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-24 10:12:06  
Love the video! I wonder how many people will have "Sonic Boom" in their macro lines.
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-24 10:12:28  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Cerberus.Alzeroth said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
XD lol. My comment stands, i think we run faster >.>

Hahah :D
Well I have yet to use it, so I'll do some testing.
Just grab a mob at say, bastok market zone, sonic thrust it, time yourself, run to bastok mine zone.
Then run that same path without sonic, and compare timings :o
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-24 10:17:56  
i tried to outrun a colibri... was going at about the same speed and im sure colibri normally fly faster than you can run.. will test it out later after nyzul... maybe have a race or something >.>
 Cerberus.Alzeroth
By Cerberus.Alzeroth 2010-06-24 10:19:18  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
i tried to outrun a colibri... was going at about the same speed and im sure colibri normally fly faster than you can run.. will test it out later after nyzul... maybe have a race or something >.>

I challenge you to a race around the world! >.>
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-06-24 12:57:52  
How wide is the AOE arc on this? People are claiming it's a narrow cone AOE, while ffxiclopedia.com says it's a "line" AOE.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-24 13:04:00  
Says 10' on Wiki.
First Page 2 3