RELIC: Which Is Better ?? Apocalypse // Amanomurakumo

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » RELIC: which is better ?? Apocalypse // Amanomurakumo
RELIC: which is better ?? Apocalypse // Amanomurakumo
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 20:38:59  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Looks like Relic DRK vs Perdu WAR to me.

SAM was my own conjecture, i was fairly sure a perfect polearm sam could beat a perfect perdu war(though i wish this wasn't the case >_>), so i assumed that if war could outparse drk, and sam could outparse war, then sam could also outparse drk.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 20:41:40  
accidental post ><
[+]
 Hades.Exion
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Exion 2010-05-25 20:45:30  
polearm sam can easily beat a apoc drk and a "perfect perdu war" on birds, if thats being discussed
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-25 20:47:23  
Go with the relic you enjoy the most is what I'd recommend. It's your gil and if you should spend it on the relic you'd get the most enjoyment from. Personally I'd do Apoc since the healing from WS is pretty awesome and DRK is my favorite job.
 Cerberus.Eanae
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-05-25 20:48:12  
Amano. Not even a discussion to be had. DRK is a dead job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 20:49:20  
DRK tank?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-25 20:50:11  
They're both equally significant increases to each job. I've usually seen Amano's parse higher but I haven't seen many incredible DRKs. But if you play DRK more or prefer it over SAM, do Apoc?
 Hades.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-25 22:02:00  
Cerberus.Eanae said:
Amano. Not even a discussion to be had. DRK is a dead job.

Probably for people who don't know how to play it. When stun and soul eater no longer work on anything then pershaps its obsolete. Considering kommission uses ridill and KC on slimes in einherjar I would think you need stun. ;)
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-05-25 22:04:42  
Everytime I pt'd with a Apoc DRK they where a FORCE OF NATURE!:D

Everytime I pt'd with a Amano SAM.... i just keep thinking how i've seen alot more impressive things done that did not cost 200m gil ; ;
[+]
 Diabolos.Piraal
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Piraal
By Diabolos.Piraal 2010-05-25 22:05:26  
Siren.Enternius said:
Apoc. Amanomurakumo is beaten by Hagun on all but the highest-DEF-HNM situations.

LOL, way to spread misinformation
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-25 22:12:12  
Hades.Excelior said:
You can parse that. You look at damage taken and who was cured the least. For example in a merit party last time i parsed I took 25k damage(the most out of the party) and was only healed for 5k total. That means cata healed 20/25k damage or 80% of the damage done.

i understand that you can parse damage cured, but the rdm, assuming he was decent, probably could've kept you alive even if you weren't being healed by your wses

that means that even though there was a static amount of damage cured, whether being cured for that damage actually increased your xp/hr is debatable

but then, mabye it saved your life once or twice, and therefore DID increase your xp/hr, by who knows how much. that's what i mean when i say its benefit is hard to parse
[+]
 Hades.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-05-25 22:34:38  
@ Sevourn

Yea no doubt he could have kept me alive without the drain but it does make it a lot easier on him. I'm sure it did not increase the exp/hour the haste aftermath did though. I'm not advocating that apoc drk beats amano or polearm sam in pure damage but it is a very handy tool. I was actually partying with a pole arm sam and amano sam in that party last night though. My apoc drk did 37% of the damage, pole sam 32% and the amano 25% (other 6 was a cor). I do not take this parse to mean anything though cause the accuracy on the polearm sam and amano was less than 90%.
 Shiva.Andytheraven
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Andytheraven 2010-05-25 23:02:17  
Seems to me people with apoc going to say thats better while people with amano going to say thats better, just because there the ones using it and see the diffrent it makes from before they had to after they got it.

I have sam lvled if I were after a relic it would be amano assuming that was my only 75 job would it really be a waste of gil to upgrade it?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-25 23:02:37  
1-2 years ago I would have said Apoc.
Seeing good Amanos in action, Amano -> Apoc by far.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-25 23:18:34  
Shiva.Andytheraven said:
Seems to me people with apoc going to say thats better while people with amano going to say thats better, just because there the ones using it and see the diffrent it makes from before they had to after they got it.

I have sam lvled if I were after a relic it would be amano assuming that was my only 75 job would it really be a waste of gil to upgrade it?
The problem is that the OP's question is poorly worded. Apocalypse is the more substantial upgrade without question, but an Amano SAM is *generally* superior to an Apoc DRK from a pure DPS standpoint.

I'd still go with whichever you like more though. Given the choice between the two I'd do Apoc in a heartbeat, but I don't care for SAM.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-25 23:23:18  
But yeah basicly when it comes to a relic, get whichever YOU want.
It's a big investment and you should get the one you want.
They'r both amazing, you wont regret either one.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-25 23:57:24  
Siren.Enternius said:
Apoc.

Amanomurakumo is beaten by Hagun on all but the highest-DEF-HNM situations.
rate down please, please, more.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-05-26 00:06:03  
Tachi whiff goez
Apoc big times.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-26 00:06:28  
Siren.Enternius said:
Apoc.

Amanomurakumo is beaten by Hagun on all but the highest-DEF-HNM situations.

its k guys, just opposite day is all.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-05-26 00:24:23  
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Tachi whiff goez
Apoc big times.

Catastrophe will whiff just as much as YGK and Kaiten.
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-26 00:28:53  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
Tachi whiff goez
Apoc big times.

Catastrophe will whiff just as much as YGK and Kaiten.

He's Italian, nobody's paying attention.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-26 00:40:07  
Get the one for the job you enjoying playing the most.
If you still can't decide, flip a coin.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-26 01:08:41  
It's really too late to start a relic, the game is dying and will be dead once FF14 is open to public, don't mind this increase in level cap, almost everyone I know will ditch it for 14.

Just get a Hagun and a Perdu scythe.

And to answer your question, see which job u have better gear for or will get better gear for and get the relic for it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-26 01:10:06  
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
It's really too late to start a relic, the game is dying and will be dead once FF14 is open to public, don't mind this increase in level cap, almost everyone I know will ditch it for 14.

And to answer your question, see which job u have better gear for or will get better gear for and get the relic for it.

14 is interesting but it's kinda lame, I prefer 11 so far.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-26 01:11:03  
ooh forgot something, If i were rich like you, I'd get a KC for drk and amano for SAM, best resolution i can see.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-26 01:14:34  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:

14 is interesting but it's kinda lame, I prefer 11 so far.

Yeh I feel ya, but once 11 is empty it will be kinda lame too, I just hope ff14 isn't divided into server per location like wow, I might just stick with ff11.