Am I Overlooking Anything?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Am I overlooking anything?
Am I overlooking anything?
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 04:44:25  
Basically, mapping out potential gear that I can ding into that I either already have or can buy off the AH

Basically put together two builds, TP and WS for pizza build in t2/3 ejar, dyna, possibly limbus.

haven't put together any merit builds yet.

Any recommendations, what am I overlooking, ect

(If I still need acc beyond pizza, would have a secondary TP set swapping back for cuch, ammo for fire bomblet, and if rly rly needed, swap out blitz for toreador's)

Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-22 04:45:39  
You would know best Veg. Perhaps a fire bomblet instead of core? Idk.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 04:47:14  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
You would know best Veg. Perhaps a fire bomblet instead of core? Idk.
Edited my post, would have a spare macro for that, but in Ejar dyna ect, mobs aren't THAT evasive, I think I'd be fine w/ pizza alone in most cases.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-22 04:48:05  
Aye, just thought the extra 6 acc would help assure maximum contact with Raging Rush/King's Justice. You'd wanna use core and steel cyclone for uber high level/def/eva mobs anyways.

But you have plenty of premium pieces that work great in TP build should you face something where acc would be greatly needed without sacrificing too much if any haste at all.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 04:56:39  
Was actually thinking, just for the pizza build of course, of swapping out forager, bomb core, pole grip, and haub+1 for Cuchulain, Fire bomblett, sword strap, and Aurum Cuirass.

Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-05-22 04:59:52  
IM a total nub but, couldnt switch brutal for a STR earring?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 05:01:06  
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Was pretty much under the impression that the only physical melee ws not worth using brutal on was Asuran
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-22 05:13:51  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Was pretty much under the impression that the only physical melee ws not worth using brutal on was Asuran

Aye, 5% DA is very appealing for WS damage assuming you aren't exceeding or hitting the cap for multi-hit; which is 8.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-05-22 05:43:51  
ih i didnt know double attack can proc in a WS O_o
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 05:51:11  
Personally, I'd make a Raging Rush set as well since it tends to do better when you're not that buffed. Always good to have.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 05:57:07  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Personally, I'd make a Raging Rush set as well since it tends to do better when you're not that buffed. Always good to have.
Was going to make one but didn't know how to gear for it tbh. Colibri would be easy because you have a set dex to aim for, but on things that I don't know the stats, hard to choose between dex pieces like thunder ring vs flame and forager vs cuchulain ect
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 06:02:29  
Similar to your KJ set but I'd swap out legs for Byakko's Haidate and use a Thunder ring depending on what you're fighting. That's what I'd do on easier mobs but probably more like your KJ set on harder mobs (Ares and Flame).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 06:02:58  
Warrior's Stone from Dynamis is a nice piece for KJ.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-22 06:03:17  
I know it sounds... well pointless, but you could use a Hauberk +1 over a Haubergeon +1 because it doesn't look like *** lol.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-22 06:03:31  
I know +crit gear doesn't do anything for weapon skills that don't initially have crit mods within them, but would it apply to such weapon skills such as Raging Rush, Drakesbane, Evisceration, etc. or would it just be easier to use a healthy dosage of DEX instead?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 06:04:42  
The crit+ gear is Zahak's mail and personally I'd use Haub+1 over that because of the attack.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 06:06:28  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I know it sounds... well pointless, but you could use a Hauberk 1 over a Haubergeon 1 because it doesn't look like *** lol.
No point in owning both and I'm not getting rid of the bergeon+1, I have sam.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-22 06:08:53  
I dat modded my hauby to look like a hauberk anyways cause I frankly can't stand the look of a hauby anymore. Hauberk is much more sexy anyways.

And yeah, there isn't many +crit items Warrior can use aside form Zahak's mail and this... But it would just be more practical to use haub+1 for the sake of adding everything you need to make KJ amazing in one piece.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-22 06:09:41  
I'm no expert, but just a suggestion Veg, (but this includes stuff NOT on AH, which I know is part of what you were trying to build here (although you have brutal and Aesir earring so I'm just throwing this out there)), but I would say Noct body on WS maybe? (I know its less att+ on WS, but a higher STR mod by 4 with potential trips on WS, also it has more acc+ by a small margin) Or maybe Agrona's Leggings for shoes? (which is 2 less STR than hec, but more acc and double att+2) Or if you're in dire need of acc for WS's use Bahram Cuisses (5 str acc+12 evade-4 slow+10).

Idk man, just tossin out some suggestions. (Agrona's shoes come from T4 VNM, Bah Cuisses come from Ethniu if you didn't know)

Also might want to try bobcat belt for str+8 for WS, and I know it has like store TP- and att- but if you're looking purely at STR mods, there is nothing better
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-22 06:11:30  
Sets look good. Might consider having Aggressor Up & Aggressor Down sets.

Here's what I use for RR, since you asked about that

Pixie earring could work too, if you have one.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-22 06:12:23  
Noct not even close to being an option. I'm like 12 ranks under, lol, may have to look into the other stuff and how many points they cost in shell and determine whether or not worth spending (as I'm saving points lol)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-22 06:12:25  
and ofc the adaberk is always a looming piece.

Can do Fiat lux for a chance at nocturnus gear in the mean time though. (I've heard it's pretty simple to get but idc)

(You answered my question already D:)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-05-22 06:14:21  
I had a ninja edit sorry :P don't forget about perhaps using bobcat belt for WS (again though, i know it has bad -stats to it hehe)

ninja edit again hehe: Perhaps also switching to STR+/att+ ToM Gaxe or Bonesplitter for highest base dmg?
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-22 07:19:24  
jus' 'cause noone's seemed to mention it yet; sell dusk led.s+1, put that gil towards dusk gloves+1 and get some piss boots (aurum sabatons). unless there's a specific job you have that can use the dusk led.s+1 and not piss boots, piss should pull ahead outside of near capped spell haste, iirc. (yes, I rather call them piss boots, I have a pair and can't bring myself to play war ever sense staring at them for a few hrs in merits, lol)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-22 07:32:24  
I kinda like mine >_> Can't afford Dusk+1 and the acc helps my war since it's a bit gimpy on accuracy because of combat merits.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-22 08:31:21  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
jus' 'cause noone's seemed to mention it yet; sell dusk led.s 1, put that gil towards dusk gloves 1 and get some piss boots (aurum sabatons). unless there's a specific job you have that can use the dusk led.s 1 and not piss boots, piss should pull ahead outside of near capped spell haste, iirc. (yes, I rather call them piss boots, I have a pair and can't bring myself to play war ever sense staring at them for a few hrs in merits, lol)

Or have both, and use dusk+1 (and blitz ring, fort torque for eg) for an acc capped set (when aggressor is up) and aurums for non acc cap.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-22 08:41:18  
TP set looks solid, wouldn't Alkys beat even Heca+1 gloves for KJ?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-22 08:48:16  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
jus' 'cause noone's seemed to mention it yet; sell dusk led.s 1, put that gil towards dusk gloves 1 and get some piss boots (aurum sabatons). unless there's a specific job you have that can use the dusk led.s 1 and not piss boots, piss should pull ahead outside of near capped spell haste, iirc. (yes, I rather call them piss boots, I have a pair and can't bring myself to play war ever sense staring at them for a few hrs in merits, lol)

this is pretty silly, you still need dusk +1 for aggressor up and to macro in for shadows

like someone else mentioned, aggressor up/down sets would be good, but(as i'm sure you already know) not really necessary for limbus/einherjar/dyna pizza build
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-22 08:55:38  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
jus' 'cause noone's seemed to mention it yet; sell dusk led.s 1, put that gil towards dusk gloves 1 and get some piss boots (aurum sabatons).

He said it's his Ein Pizza build, he isn't going to have accuracy issues, that and Dusk feet +1 have more haste.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-22 09:10:14  
wondering how a ire torque/+1 (str+6/7) VS sea gorgets
compares in ws on STR mod onry

with all that DEX in RR could prolly use bomb core for WS for the extra 6 att
i do but kitty dex ftw
Quote:
TP set looks solid, wouldn't Alkys beat even Heca+1 gloves for KJ?
idk i made it so spellcast catches aggressor up and uses alkys over heca, but with no aggressor just use heca
First Page 2 3