DD Bst.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » DD Bst.
DD Bst.
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-13 10:32:03  
What is your gear, and merit setup? [party situations]

@lvl65+plz

i dont want to hear about how a bone harness+1 would be the best thing ever. :) thanks

Give me an insite on what works ^^;
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 10:37:43  
Punisher (+19 DMG +32 delay Occ attack twice)/Temperance axe/empty/Virtue Stone
Turban/Ancient torque(or temp torque if acc capped)/Brutal/Suppa
Adaman Hauberk(haub+1 if can't get)/Dusk+1(or nq if can't get)/Rajas/Toreador's ring
Cuchulain's(Cerb+1/Forager if acc capped)/Vbelt(swift if can't get)/Byakko's/Dusk+1(Aurum if acc not capped)
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 11:37:27  
I just mimik my warrior setup as closely as possible - generally don't need to worry about charm set, as I use mostly Jug pets in an EXP party.

If you're looking for DD setup for solo, then it might be about the same, except for the dual wielding.

Lv 75

Lv 65

The lvl 75 is my setup currently (I also use Maneater if i'm not into the TP *** thing at the time) - the lvl 65 one is just somethign I threw together - you can mix and match at that level as you wish.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-05-13 11:39:31  
Aurum Sabatons would work too?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 11:40:38  
Ridill w/ 200 skill (even if you have it merited) is going to be horrible on anything T or higher as compared to using a second axe.
[+]
By Helix 2010-05-13 12:09:22  
Interesting question. It's like everything Bst, it depends on your personal style and how you like to play. One thing about most Bst, they aren't going to say you "have" to do this or that...that's why most of us play this job.

That being said, This is what I use, it's not perfect and alot of ppl will "lol! You wear what?!" but it works for me. This is my DD set up for PT's and Campaign...Charm/solo gear is totally diff.

Head = Wyvern Helm
Neck = Bullnecklace in Campaign, chiv chain elsewhere
earrings = 2 x Attila's for tp gain
Back = forager's mantle
Body = Hauberk
Waste = warwolf belt
hands = Pallas's Bracelets
legs = 4th division schloss
feet = 4th div schuhs
rings = 2 x ruby (i'm not paying 600k each for 2 pt of str)

Main hand = Woodville for higher base damage in WS's tho I do switch to a maneater mainhand if fighting mobs that strip TP
(Maneater beats woodville hands down under 100 tp due to latent + att but not so great over 100 tp)

Offhand = Juggernaut - always

I do decent DOT and occasionally get 4 digit WS's - my highest to date in campaign is 1550 so not terrible, not super uber awesome.

Merits =
hp/mp = finished
abilities = finished
other = finished
Bst = finished
Combat skills = axe capped, eva-capped, parry - lvl 2, sword lvl 1 and dagger lvl 1

so i'm 4 lvls from being fully merited prob gonna put those in shield (which i only use when i'm /whm and charming/soloing)

(I'm not fully elaborating on what I merited because that's my personal choices and not a road map to be followed)

Good luck in all your beastly adventures
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-13 12:12:16  
Quote:
Head = Wyvern Helm
Back = forager's mantle
Body = Hauberk
Waste = warwolf belt
feet = 4th div schuhs

I know I'm being an ***, but this would make a good guide of how NOT to gear for TP <_<
Quote:
Main hand = Woodville for higher base damage in WS's tho I do switch to a maneater mainhand if fighting mobs that strip TP
(Maneater beats woodville hands down under 100 tp due to latent + att but not so great over 100 tp)

WSs are counted as being <100 TP and latents still work on em.
[+]
By Helix 2010-05-13 12:21:11  
Then don't use it. It works for me and I'm quite happy with it.

And this is why we are all Bst's
[+]
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-13 12:37:16  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ridill w/ 200 skill (even if you have it merited) is going to be horrible on anything T or higher as compared to using a second axe.

You would think that, until I actually tried it. I used to use Temp axe as the second axe, but I get just as good of a return of TP with Ridill - i've got merited sword + suppa and I use sushi.

Honestly, when you get to merit party situations, you aren't going to notice a whole lot of a difference -

Even when I go to Campaign as Bst/Dnc, I use Ridill/Tatami shield over Temp Axe just because I don't miss like people assume, and I don't waste the virtue stones that way.

Again, its up to everyone on what they personally want to use - OP asked possible gear setups, so I presented mine.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 12:43:09  
Quote:
You would think that, until I actually tried it. I used to use Temp axe as the second axe, but I get just as good of a return of TP with Ridill - i've got merited sword + suppa and I use sushi.

w/ the set up you posted and bream sushi+1 (6 dex, 17% acc), you still only hit 75% hitrate w/ ridill. OAT axe @ 95% hitrate would be much better.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-05-13 12:44:38  
Helix said:

This is not why i am BST >.> just saying
By Helix 2010-05-13 12:51:44  
Same here. This is what I use, good or bad.

I said you'd LOL at me!

I have had my gear for a long time and back when I got it, it was a pretty hefty investment. Most of the stuff I use can now be had for a fairly small investment. In fact, the biggest part of it can be had for less than half of what I paid for it back in the day... (falls into fits of depression).

I wasn't meaning that I am out for TP gain, I try to get as much str as I can for str based WS's. STR earrings still aren't worth the investment to me for what you get and the 2 Attila's seemed like a good choice at the time...meh whatever...

And I use meat kabobs in campaign (cheap in case of death's) and steaks or sushi in pt's where I don't expect to die as often
By Helix 2010-05-13 12:58:21  
LMAO....very nice

I'll decline from further comment, someone asked what we use, so I said what I used...I didn't say it was what you should use...back under the bridge with you!

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-13 13:01:10  
These arn't 100% perfect, but this is what I used when I played BST.

TP

Rampage

Primal Rend (CHR+58 MAB+12)

Charm (CHR+58)

Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-13 13:04:55  
I'm still a few blobs away from finishing my punisher, but I will agree with Veg on this one. You're better off getting the punisher and not using a Ridill.
 Ramuh.Krazyy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-05-13 13:16:57  
Helix said:

Just because your BST doesn't mean that you can just be a noob and no one can say anything about it. That "DD BST" setup you just gave out is the reason alot of BSTs get a bad name in terms of party's. I'm not telling you to change the way YOU play but please don't give out that crap as advice.
 Leviathan.Bilopdop
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Bilopdop
By Leviathan.Bilopdop 2010-05-13 13:28:15  
For TP would Beastly Earring be better than Suppanomimi?

It seems like Beastly Earring could be used for more situations also for it's Charisma.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-13 13:29:37  
Leviathan.Bilopdop said:
For TP would Beastly Earring be better than Suppanomimi?

It seems like Beastly Earring could be used for more situations also for it's Charisma.
Are you /NIN? If you are, then no.
 Leviathan.Bilopdop
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Bilopdop
By Leviathan.Bilopdop 2010-05-13 13:38:20  
So Suppanomimi would only be better in one situation for Beastmaster?

I only have Monk leveled up besides Beastmaster, so I am still trying to decide which earring to choose from Divine Might.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-13 13:41:45  
5%+ extra DoT during TP phase (and some +% extra WSs) that works on a decent amount of jobs is better than slightly better WS damage (minor increase) that only works for WAR or BST 1handing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-13 13:46:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Punisher ( 19 DMG 32 delay Occ attack twice)/Temperance axe/empty/Virtue Stone
Turban/Ancient torque(or temp torque if acc capped)/Brutal/Suppa
Adaman Hauberk(haub 1 if can't get)/Dusk 1(or nq if can't get)/Rajas/Toreador's ring
Cuchulain's(Cerb 1/Forager if acc capped)/Vbelt(swift if can't get)/Byakko's/Dusk 1(Aurum if acc not capped)
Thread ended right here folks.

Primal Rend doesn't use weapon base damage so pure TP gain is the way to go with your weapons once you unlock it. Don't expect to be able to gear Primal Rend like a normal WS either - CHR and MAB all the way.

EDIT: Agree with Raenryong, Suppa's general utility combined with being preferable for /NIN DDing makes it the better choice.
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-13 13:51:58  
So double axes all day? Rampage it out like a warrior minus the berserka and warcry. Snarl it to the pet.

Temp axe seems to be the consistant weapon of choice for regualar (off hand tping)

For the MAIN weapon, what do you think would be the main axe of choice? I know how to gear up a warrior double axe, but it seems slightly different with BST because of the extra veriety of axes at your disposal.
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-13 13:55:08  
Also question with Primal rend;

Does it outdue Rampage in certain situations?
&
Does the base damage of the weapon even matter for that weaponskill?
By Helix 2010-05-13 14:03:53  
I retract my decline for further comment and have one more thing to say to Krazy

Whatever dude...

I wasn't trying to give advice, they asked what we use as a DD and I said what I use as a DD. No advice intended, just what I use and maybe why I use it...that's all.

Don't get all excited and start throwing around the "N" word. No Bst should ever talk to another Bst like that...there is no right or wrong among Bst's, there is only different style's. I would think you would know this.

Let's hear about your gear as a DD

Bahamut.Ericcheco
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-13 14:13:40  
No crying on Forums.
 Ramuh.Krazyy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-05-13 14:23:00  
Helix said:

there is no right or wrong among Bst's, there is only different style's. I would think you would know this.

Helix said:

Head = Wyvern Helm
Back = forager's mantle
Body = Hauberk
Waste = warwolf belt
feet = 4th div schuhs

All im saying is that the gear set you listed would make a terrible DD BST (it is like a bad mix of a TP build and a WS build), and you can not chalk it up to "BSTs can play any way we want! we're not like other jobs we dont have rules"
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-13 14:23:14  
I'm 65 and I use

Wrath Tabar
lvl 40 acc shield
tiphia
voyager
chiv chain
diablos/minuet
hauby
pallas
woods/ecph
ament
swift
royal knight's breeches
leaping

Yes, I know this isnt the best set-up at this level, however it is very inexpensive and gives out decent stats to TP in. I am obviously on a budget lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-13 14:26:05  
Helix said:
Interesting question. It's like everything Bst, it depends on your personal style and how you like to play. One thing about most Bst, they aren't going to say you "have" to do this or that...that's why most of us play this job.

That being said, This is what I use, it's not perfect and alot of ppl will "lol! You wear what?!" but it works for me. This is my DD set up for PT's and Campaign...Charm/solo gear is totally diff.

Head = Wyvern Helm
Back = forager's mantle
Body = Hauberk
Waste = warwolf belt
feet = 4th div schuhs

(Maneater beats woodville hands down under 100 tp due to latent att but not so great over 100 tp)

Offhand = Juggernaut - always

I do decent DOT and occasionally get 4 digit WS's - my highest to date in campaign is 1550 so not terrible, not super uber awesome.

Merits =
hp/mp = finished
abilities = finished
other = finished
Bst = finished
Combat skills = axe capped, eva-capped, parry - lvl 2, sword lvl 1 and dagger lvl 1

so i'm 4 lvls from being fully merited prob gonna put those in shield (which i only use when i'm /whm and charming/soloing)

(I'm not fully elaborating on what I merited because that's my personal choices and not a road map to be followed)

Good luck in all your beastly adventures

oh god this is terrible
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-13 14:28:38  
Bahamut.Ericcheco said:
Also question with Primal rend;

Does it outdue Rampage in certain situations?
&
Does the base damage of the weapon even matter for that weaponskill?
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Primal Rend doesn't use weapon base damage so pure TP gain is the way to go with your weapons once you unlock it. Don't expect to be able to gear Primal Rend like a normal WS either - CHR and MAB all the way.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-13 14:28:55  
Helix said:
I wasn't meaning that I am out for TP gain, I try to get as much str as I can for str based WS's.\

that's why you make separate tp and ws sets
First Page 2 3