Good Bye Final Fastasy World!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Unicorn » Good bye Final Fastasy world!
Good bye Final Fastasy world!
 Unicorn.Boric
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Fantasia
By Unicorn.Boric 2010-05-07 15:15:38  
quitting game. nice knowing all of ya!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-05-07 15:16:37  
Unicorn.Boric said:
(Take Care) GL with all that RL stuff people talk about.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-05-07 15:21:39  
Laters man, I'm thinking of doing the same But I'm still debating it ( Me playing in no way gets in my RL issues)
 Odin.Akhilleus
サーバ: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2010-05-07 15:27:06  
Hey, I will probably quit soon, theres too much to see in and do in real life than to commit so many hours to a video game, I don't regret spending nearly 300 days playing but I think my time definitely could have been spent doing something more satisfying and productive, perhaps could have learnt a new language in that time, learnt to play an instrument, skills that stay with you for life, whereas, when this game closes, all the time you spent playing, all the time you spent glued in front of a TV for hours on end mean f*@k all, you just end up with a high gamer score on xbox live, its like getting a discounted penis enlargement operation.

FFXI is like crack cocaine for alot of people, it taps into the task/reward psychology human beings possess and exploits it, its a simple mechanism that keeps you glued completing menial tasks for electronic rewards.

Anyway, good luck with quitting dude, hope it works out for you, hope whatever you are trying to achieve comes easy for you, my time will come soon =)

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-07 15:32:43  
You spelled Fantasy wrong.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-07 15:34:15  
Odin.Akhilleus said:
Hey, I will probably quit soon, theres too much to see in and do in real life than to commit so many hours to a video game, I don't regret spending nearly 300 days playing but I think my time definitely could have been spent doing something more satisfying and productive, perhaps could have learnt a new language in that time, learnt to play an instrument, skills that stay with you for life, whereas, when this game closes, all the time you spent playing, all the time you spent glued in front of a TV for hours on end mean f*@k all, you just end up with a high gamer score on xbox live, its like getting a discounted penis enlargement operation.

FFXI is like crack cocaine for alot of people, it taps into the task/reward psychology human beings possess and exploits it, its a simple mechanism that keeps you glued completing menial tasks for electronic rewards.

Anyway, good luck with quitting dude, hope it works out for you, hope whatever you are trying to achieve comes easy for you, my time will come soon =)

Biggest pile i've ever read.

3/10
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-07 15:39:39  
The trolls have cometh.

Good luck staying away. I need to cut back on my play time as well.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-07 15:43:22  
Odin.Akhilleus said:

...Find the balance between RL and Game?
Not hard. Lots of people do it.
You make it sound like its a near impossibility to have a "Rewarding Life" and a "Rewarding Game Life" at the same time...
Odin.Akhilleus said:
...whereas, when this game closes, all the time you spent playing, all the time you spent glued in front of a TV for hours on end mean f*@k all
OR... When its all said and done, you can carry with you the memories of the Friends you have made, and the people who have met. and all you've done together...?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-05-07 15:46:30  
Unicorn.Boric said:

Gimme your account *** ! I want to experience a Bravura Warrior!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-07 15:49:02  
Siren.Kuz said:
OR... When its all said and done, you can carry with you the memories of the Friends you have made, and the people who have met. and all you've done together...?

This is the reason why I play the game, honestly. And if you keep that in mind that in a recreational social environment, the friends and memories are the greatest achievements as opposed to spending hours earning meaningless digital goods, it should be easier to balance rl and game. :3
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-07 15:53:10  
Wonder how much he will get for his account.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-07 15:59:01  
He'll be back for 14.

Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-05-07 16:10:57  
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Unicorn.Boric said:

Gimme your account *** ! I want to experience a Bravura Warrior!
^
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-05-07 16:12:34  
Bye.
 Unicorn.Boric
By Unicorn.Boric 2010-05-09 14:02:24  
*** it i changed my mind i aint quitting... need more ffxi crack!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-09 14:04:22  
Rose Strappppp
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-09 14:04:55  
Unicorn.Boric said:
*** it i changed my mind i aint quitting... need more ffxi crack!

Lol...
 Unicorn.Boric
By Unicorn.Boric 2010-05-09 14:15:23  
i havent done much campaign yet to have enough points for rose strap
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-09 14:18:53  
Well worth the effort. I don't mean to keep getting on your case, but just using that strap would improve you more than going Gaxe => Bravura or Haub NQ => Armada Hauberk. It's a HUGE increase and well worth the mind-numbing tedium of campaign.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2010-05-09 14:25:42  
When I quit or if the game dies before that, I will always remember the laughs I had and the people I spoke to. Before FF, I had only talked to people from the US, England, some Hispanic Nations and a couple Eastern Asian nations. FF exposed me to: Scotland, Germany, Sweden, Turkey, India, France, Canada (French and Normal Canada mind you LOL), Spain, Ireland, and even people from parts of the US I have never spoken to. On top of that, the people in the main LS's I run with are amazing people that I will never forget. So, for me, despite wasting a crap ton of time on this, I can walk away with something at least. GL with life man and I hope you enjoy it :)
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-09 15:46:12  
It's not wasted time to me, it's time well played. It really does expose you to a lot of the rest of the world, I'm personally glad that SE put everyone together on the same servers so it's like we're all one community instead of a bunch of different countries. It's even taught me a lot about Japanese culture, even though I still can't say I know how to say anything in JP aside from "Hello" and "LOL".
 Unicorn.Boyaci
user: Boyaci
By Unicorn.Boyaci 2010-05-09 17:09:54  
Garuda.Aurilius said:
Wonder how much he will get for his accountS

Boric is notorious on Unicorn for running around with an army of alt/purchased characters in tow. I have a feeling this news would not have been met with any tears if a change of mind had not been made.
[+]
 Unicorn.Boric
By Unicorn.Boric 2010-05-10 00:50:04  
Unicorn.Boyaci said:
Garuda.Aurilius said:
Wonder how much he will get for his accountS
Boric is notorious on Unicorn for running around with an army of alt/purchased characters in tow. I have a feeling this news would not have been met with any tears if a change of mind had not been made.

lies all lies!!!