users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Green dot Help please
Green dot Help please
 Asura.Ericka
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 09:57:18  
I Have a Green Dot Card That Ive used for a long time now, so i got a new card about a 2 months ago and tried to update my info on POL. now i know about the secure code thing but i don't understand how im suppose to register my card so i can get online/play.

do i need to call green dot and ask them to register my card? because going through the MasterCard website isn't helping me at all. said my card # is invalid or something else that doesn't quite make much sense :( i know Green is with Columbus Bank and Trust but my # still wasn't valid.

i have a Green Dot MasterCard Gold Prepaid.

if anyone is using Green and was able to register their card on PC please tell me what site you used.

i would use my ps2 but shes not acting right anymore :(

Ty in advance <3

P.S. Page i used that didn't help with procedure on getting card registered.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-02 10:45:24  
I want to poke fun at you searching for 'netspend' (which is different from Green Dot) instead of 'Columbus Bank' since this is FFXIAH but I won't. ^_^

The page you were looking for is:
https://www.mycardsecure.com/vpas/certegy_mc/enroll/index.jsp?locale=en_US&bankid=4

The bottom of the page says 'Register Now for this FREE service'.

If it still says invalid card number, I'd go to the Green Dot page or call them and ask them why it's telling you it's invalid. There really isn't anything we can do to help with that. :/

https://support.greendot.cust-serv.com/GreendotCare/needsassistance.aspx
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 11:05:01  
lols i copied the wrong link thingy but i was looking for alternatives ^^

That's the link i was given but it didn't work for me ;; said x2 Card not valid.

Gonna try the customer service~ ty for your help ^^;
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 11:41:20  
Green dot ppl don't speak clear English ~.~ the lady had no idea wtf a Securecode was and proceeded to tell me my CVC #.. idk what else to do now ;-;
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-02 11:42:44  
Can't you get like a walmart card to pay with?
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 11:45:29  
i live very very far from the nearest walmart ;-; and i was told Greendot works plus i was using it before it was expired and before info needed to be updated. :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-02 11:48:24  
Well... how far? <.< If that's the only thing that'll make it work and you really want to play..
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 11:51:04  
i believe there's 1 outside of Queens NY but im not 100% sure. but i know its very far away ;-;

Walmart would put a lot of Stores Out of business in NYC so its hasn't really been introduced to the main boroughs yet :/
 Phoenix.Kusama
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kusama 2010-05-02 11:53:22  
Am guessing you on PC? right well i think on the ps2 and xbox it skip that part :)
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-02 11:55:43  
Quote:
i believe there's 1 outside of Queens NY but im not 100% sure. but i know its very far away ;-;

Walmart would put a lot of Stores Out of business in NYC so its hasn't really been introduced to the main boroughs yet :/

Doesn't seem to have stopped them anywhere else!
 Caitsith.Foliage
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2010-05-02 12:29:41  
with green dot prepaid cards, when you get them you get a temp card that you need to register with the site. if you use this card on POL you need to do it on PS2 or have a trusty friend with PS2 do it for you. a month after you've registered the temp card with the green dot site, you'll receive a new permanent card in the mail. this is a whole new card number and everything. this card is eligible for the POL visa/mastercard secure check that POL on PC has to perform. hope this helps.
 Ragnarok.Dani
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lardan
By Ragnarok.Dani 2010-05-02 13:05:32  
When i tryed to log on today i was told i had no content ID and had to buy one to be able to play, it also said something about ID beeing canseled. So after the the first min of panic thinking i had been banned or hacked or w/e i started scrolling around the menus, Came to think about my c-card expireing next month.. and sure enough SE had not billed me for this month. Why is that? My c-card still works as normal for another month and i wount get my new card untill the end of this one. Witch means i wount be able to play the game untill then. Anoying as hell.
By RamenGirl 2010-05-02 14:04:12  
I have my bank card for regular stuff and a gift card thingy for internet purchases/game bills (since they like to overcharge sometimes). I don't have a walmart card because I hate going in there lol. I use accountnow.com's card, I ordered it online and it took about 2 weeks to come here and it was already in my name... I just had to log on to the website and activate it. Can refill it at most drugstores or gas stations.

http://www.accountnow.com/
I hope that helps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce 2010-05-02 14:10:31  
Give pol a fake credit card number and CVC# number. Use the exact ones shown in my video. skip to 2:45, download google chrome as your browser and set as default use zip code and expiration date registered for YOUR card and click next and it should say confirmed or what ever then you can close the window hit submit then you will get an error that the information is incorrect then you go back and edit it to use your real cc number and CVC# and it should work.

Edit: Also this works for any card, reloadable or non. I use a $25 non reloadable card that I get from Rite Aid that lets me register my address.
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 14:12:13  
ty guys for advice ^^
Caitsith.Foliage said:
with green dot prepaid cards, when you get them you get a temp card that you need to register with the site. if you use this card on POL you need to do it on PS2 or have a trusty friend with PS2 do it for you. a month after you've registered the temp card with the green dot site, you'll receive a new permanent card in the mail. this is a whole new card number and everything. this card is eligible for the POL visa/mastercard secure check that POL on PC has to perform. hope this helps.

Someone with xbox 360 couldn't help me? only ps2?
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-02 14:39:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Hispiforce said:
Give pol a fake credit card number and CVC# number. Use the exact ones shown in my video. skip to 2:45, download google chrome as your browser and set as default use zip code and expiration date registered for YOUR card and click next and it should say confirmed or what ever then you can close the window hit submit then you will get an error that the information is incorrect then you go back and edit it to use your real cc number and CVC# and it should work.

Edit: Also this works for any card, reloadable or non. I use a $25 non reloadable card that I get from Rite Aid that lets me register my address.

well i got pass the secure but it kept saying there's an error and that my info was wrong :(
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-05-02 17:59:49  
Yes a 360 will work the same as a ps2/3. I use a Walmart prepaid card and it is NOT compatable with verified by visa bull ***. I have to have my friend with a ps2 update my info whenever I need to have it done.
 Asura.Raenef
user: Raenef
By Asura.Raenef 2010-05-02 18:34:43  
Try calling Play Online. My new bank card doesn't work with Verify by Visa so I called PO and had them input my card info onto my account. I know a couple others who had to do this as well.