Mithra Tail .dats, Please Assist!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Mithra tail .dats, please assist!
Mithra tail .dats, please assist!
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 19:16:37  
Does anyone have a Lehko Habhoka's tail .dat for Mithra? I looked on MMO XOOPS, as well as other .dat sites found nothing. :s I'm sick of my fleshy tail and don't exactly have time to learn VRS and stuff... I will if I get desperate though. @_@; Thanks in advance, etc.

Another question-- I'm assuming it's a replacement dat for the base body, if you know the folder numbers and such please say that too, otherwise I'll figure it out. @_@;;

Examples:

Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-12 19:18:57  
I'm getting sick of looking at Mithra, and I don't even play anymore.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 19:25:14  
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm getting sick of looking at Mithra, and I don't even play anymore.

; -;
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-12 19:38:25  
As for being helpful, I'd be willing to guess that for Lehko, the tail .dat is part of his model. He uses a different model than any other NPC/character, and by modeling standards, isn't even a Mithra, but something else entirely. As such, you'd have to make your own tail to go along with it.

It's like trying to get Kam'Lanaut's hair on a Hume or Elvaan or something.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 19:52:40  
Ah, I see. I know things can be 'ported' but I have no knowledge about that/how hard it is/etc... I really should read up on stuff when I get the chance then, obviously. I'll try to make my own later, or just color it black so I stop being bothered. ; -;
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-12 19:55:18  
For Mithra, the Tail is attached to the body armor you're wearing. So you'd have to splice the tail to the body piece you'd want it on in VRS. Someone already ported the tail to mithra and attached it to the argent gear for Mithra over on FFXIdats. [Edit -- Missed the pic up top, so make that on the weskit too, hehe]

It's not too much work, just placing stuffs, deleting a few bits here and there.. but you've got to do it for each different body piece that you'd wear, otherwise when you gearswap you'll end up with the old tail again.

I hope this helps, Ninian~
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 20:29:12  
Ooooh! What a pain! And thanks for the information, I'll get working on fixing my major pieces sometime in the near future. :3~

Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-12 20:32:23  
It sounds a lot more daunting than it is! hehe, FFXIdats.com has some really nice and easy to understand guides on VRS and usually if there's something you're not getting, someone will try and explain it easier for you^^.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-12 20:43:57  
Is the ~ part of the :3 smilie there or does it come after?

All I can see is a catface with an unfortunate goatee.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-12 20:51:28  
I would say that it comes after lol. Beards are epic indeed, but not suitable for everyone :P
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 21:04:31  
It was after, but you can pretend it's an epic beard!

I hope it's not as scary as I'm imagining in my head Isra. ; ;
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-12 21:22:15  
I prefer my Mithra without beards :(
 Diabolos.Lilywolf
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Lilywolf
By Diabolos.Lilywolf 2010-04-12 21:53:30  
If you wanted to be a bit less intense, you could always just change the color on the original body piece of the tail. It wouldn't have the vertexes unless you chose to add them, which even so may be a bit less complicated and create a smaller file than combining the two .dats in one, but it will remove that "fleshy" look. In the image file, the tail texture is usually quite small and simple, just a little chunk of red and brown that stretches out to be the length of the tail. If you are having trouble finding it in armors because it is often right next to other sections of mithra skin, a simple way to do it is look at that same armor piece from a different race without the tail as it will be placed in the mithra .dat and obviously not the others.

I play a lot with recoloring .dats, not that I'm really any good at it, but I have also toyed with mithra tails and such... Makes it a lot more fun to play when they look different, especially since some of the first people I learned to hate on ffxi had mithra character models, making me have a distaste to the race that wasn't really deserved >.>

Now sometimes I make my taru look like a mithra when I play because I have some ridiculously ADORABLE .dats for them :D
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-12 21:56:09  
Thanks so much!! I might just try to recolor it to black first before I do anything serious, that bit of information was really great. I just really hate how it looks like skin, it's always kind of bothered me. @____@;;