FFXI.. Worth Comming Back To? (opinons)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI.. worth comming back to? (opinons)
FFXI.. worth comming back to? (opinons)
By Jinchuuriki 2010-04-09 09:59:04  
Man... I freaking miss playing this game.. badly. and well I've been checking FFXIAH lately and see that SE has added some new things out there into the game... things of which seems that if I do return I wouldn't know where to begin.

Now my real question is this... is it worth coming back into FFXI to screw around or w/e join up with an endgame LS and do the usual events.. even though FF14 is just right around the corner? or just best to chill out and wait it out?
By Jinchuuriki 2010-04-09 10:02:28  
P.S. it's been just about a year and few months now since I've last played
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-09 10:24:51  
I still enjoy it, and with all the new changes, there's more to enjoy. If you liked it before, you'll like it now so come on back :)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-09 10:34:06  
If you still enjoy it, go ahead. If you feel like it's kinda boring - wait and try 14.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-04-09 10:35:46  
the trials
By Jinchuuriki 2010-04-09 10:56:14  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If you still enjoy it, go ahead. If you feel like it's kinda boring - wait and try 14.

FFXI? boring? never in a life time lol. I always end up having a good time on the game. well I will see but I'm looking at this a a green light on my return.

just wanted to make sure it was well worth it and if the new added stuff make the game a little bit more interesting. but thank you for you're opinions so far everyone.

more is still welcome to post in theirs too.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2010-04-09 11:06:48  
There is a ton of new additions over the past year and even more in the works. With the lv 99 cap coming everyone will be relearning their jobs and the new power that we will behold. Is it worth coming back? I think so. I wouldn't worry about being bored, you have plenty to do to keep busy.
By Jinchuuriki 2010-04-09 11:08:38  
Cerberus.Dizzmal said:
There is a ton of new additions over the past year and even more in the works. With the lv 99 cap coming everyone will be relearning their jobs and the new power that we will behold. Is it worth coming back? I think so. I wouldn't worry about being bored, you have plenty to do to keep busy.

Holy crap level 99 cap!!
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-04-09 11:11:33  
And.. (this is just a rumor) SE might lower the price of ffxi once ffXIV comes out (if you pay for ffxIV). So, if you're paying 12.95/month for ffXIV it may be that you only have to pay 1 or 2.99/month to stay with ffxi.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-09 22:19:16  
Asura.Barthalomew said:
And.. (this is just a rumor) SE might lower the price of ffxi once ffXIV comes out (if you pay for ffxIV). So, if you're paying 12.95/month for ffXIV it may be that you only have to pay 1 or 2.99/month to stay with ffxi.

Veeeeeeeeery much doubt this. Still costs them to do maintenance and keep it up and running.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-09 22:27:57  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Asura.Barthalomew said:

Veeeeeeeeery much doubt this. Still costs them to do maintenance and keep it up and running.

Yeah but on the other side, it may bring more people in, since it would be cheaper, I'm not saying nessicarily 2.99 or anything, but just reducing cost by a few dollars can have a profound effect on their overall profits.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-09 22:54:04  
no it is not worth it.
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-04-09 23:02:40  
Short sweet and sassy.
Its still fun, majority of the people are still nice.
Party's are a lot harder to get, or make. But if you got patience, and persistence, then yeah come back.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-09 23:03:57  
That's up to you bro. Is it worth your time and and money??
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-04-09 23:06:44  
Personally, taking my life into consideration, I would say hell no. XI was a time sink and always will be.

But then, you're asking so that means you most likely have a lot more free time on your hands than I do. So taking into account the additions that were implemented and are going to be planned to be integrated, yes it is worth it. You can do much more than you ever did and since you're technically a vet, you'll have no problem enjoying it.

Good luck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Riousan
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-10 05:57:08  
1) Lv 99 RDM
2) Ballista
3) solo
4) Possible dream: Fighting a GM for once

There.
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-10 15:27:16  
I came back a little over a week ago.

I LOVE IT AGAIN! The changes and new additions are excellent, the jobs have all had a little tweaking and quite a handful of new spells/abilities. The Augment and Fields of Valor system is great and the server merge has massively increased the populations once more.

Very happy I came back to be honest.
[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
サーバ: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-04-10 15:49:24  
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-10 15:50:54  
Valefor.Eirinne said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-10 16:08:17  
I quit FFXI for 6 months, gave away all my gear/gil. Played WoW with RL friends and quickly got bored of it. Came back to FFXI and love it all over again.

No other MMO can compete since this one has mithra and corsair :3
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-04-10 16:12:04  
Why wait for ff14 like everyone says? So you can hit lvl 50 and wait for a limit break update... then 6 months later you can lvl to 60.. omg... Ya its gonna be like that all over again. Gonna be limits to slow everyone down, then mini unlocks of the full game over the next couple years. Prob be a year after game start before cool jobs or w/e they're doing come out.
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nymphadorabelle 2010-04-10 16:38:46  
I totally agree with Axle!
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-04-11 01:40:50  
To be honest I hope they don't kill FFXI,
So many people have gotten a lot done on that game, an it'll all go to waste? But yet some people have done absolutely everything so may be they're hoping the opposite that I am.
I'm a 360 player, I know for a fact as of now 14 isn't releasing on 360 anytime soon. So if they kill FFXI then there goes the game for me and many other people.
I certainly don't feel like spending money on a PS3 for only one game I'm going to play.
*** that.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-04-11 02:17:16  
If you want to come back I suggest doing it before June! A lot will happen then ^^
 Asura.Pressure
user: liquidz
By Asura.Pressure 2010-04-11 02:23:23  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Why wait for ff14 like everyone says? So you can hit lvl 50 and wait for a limit break update... then 6 months later you can lvl to 60.. omg... Ya its gonna be like that all over again. Gonna be limits to slow everyone down, then mini unlocks of the full game over the next couple years. Prob be a year after game start before cool jobs or w/e they're doing come out.

Well when I look at the graphics and environments of FF14 I can say I will have a hell of a good time doing all the things you mentioned. Even if the concept of expansions and level cap will be like it been on the release of FF11, at least when I will create my character I won't pop up in Bastok, Windurst or Sando. A lot of people just can't wait to see a new FF universe with new cities, dungeons and monsters(hoping not too many will be recycled from 11! ^^).
By shadower 2010-04-11 02:43:21  
I can say the new level cap, new updates to FFXI recently made me decide to quit FFXI for good...I don't want to lvl all my jobs again and getting new gears...yep, new things are good but SE released it too late. You already quit over a year so just wait few more months and try FF14.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-04-11 04:37:05  
shadower said:
I can say the new level cap, new updates to FFXI recently made me decide to quit FFXI for good...I don't want to lvl all my jobs again and getting new gears...yep, new things are good but SE released it too late. You already quit over a year so just wait few more months and try FF14.
What was the point in quitting? You were just given new goals to reach.

To OP: I would start it up again! I've never had a 75 and yet I enjoy the game so much (Though at times become frustrated with certain aspects of it).