users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » Woodworking 90-100
Woodworking 90-100
 Ifrit.Efilon
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Efilon
By Ifrit.Efilon 2010-04-05 03:06:09  
Hey guys, like many i am strugling to get woodworking up the last 10 levels...

The idea i had was go to 91 on 9-drawers, to 95 on the bookshelfs, to 98 on the royal bookshelf and then be stuck probably lol....

I am now 90.4 but all furnishings are *** with that synergy recipe giving a 65 storage item. The bookshelf is here now like 40k loss / synth.... 9-drawers go for like half the cost of making them... It aint viable anymore.

Now i got smithing levelled till 26 so can probably try to get lucky and farm a lot of gil to do the eight-sided poles... Those are a loss of about 6k/synth but might be my best bet since i can try to get smithing up a bit as well.

The alternative i know is laquertree sap.... which is much smaller loss but the logs are always sold out.

Anyone any suggestions?
Current crafting lvls:
Woodworking 90.4 + 2
Clothcraft 53
Smithing 26
Goldsmithing 16

Thanks
 Asura.Teleniel
サーバ: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2010-04-05 03:32:27  
Bloodwood log > Lumber (95)
Lancewood log > Lumber (99)
Jacaranda Log > Lumber (101)

Lancewood is a total loss, but the rest should be about break even.

Resale on EQ/Furnishings has always been the bullet crafters had to bite. With augments for EQ that's not so bad anymore but your still almost never going to see a good profit on furnishings.

You should have tried crafting back when lancewood was 100k+ a log ^.- these days your feeling hurt if you pay 5!
[+]
 Ramuh.Socrates
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Socrates
By Ramuh.Socrates 2010-04-05 04:41:42  
Just looked it up cause I was leveling Woodworking earlier today. Finished Kabura Arrows to 91 and was doing sap but with 42 logs I got .8 so now at 91.8. Bloodwood will take you 92 doing single logs, and with Lumberjack can do them to 95. If you have a Dynamis LS Lancewood would be your best option. Talk to leader to allow you to lot all the logs that drop, nothing else. I've seen other members do this to help skill up and eventually they get there with little loss of gil. Good luck with 99-100!
 Valefor.Efilon
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Efilon 2010-04-05 04:56:43  
Why only with lumberjack to 95? The costs of the wind crystals is lol compared to the rest ><
 Asura.Teleniel
サーバ: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2010-04-05 05:29:19  
Valefor.Efilon said:
Why only with lumberjack to 95? The costs of the wind crystals is lol compared to the rest ><
could be that the craft level for with & without lumberjack is different... which it may be I'm not gunna go look. but within 3 or 4 levels your not going to break much and should be able to even pull a profit making bloodwood if you can get them and have the initial money for them.
 Valefor.Efilon
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Efilon 2010-04-05 06:00:03  
Asura.Teleniel said:
Valefor.Efilon said:
could be that the craft level for with & without lumberjack is different... which it may be I'm not gunna go look. but within 3 or 4 levels your not going to break much and should be able to even pull a profit making bloodwood if you can get them and have the initial money for them.

ahh it is... did not realize that lol...
I got lumberjack so it aint a problem, was just wondering
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-04-05 06:07:55  
Welcome to hell. I personally just hit 99 woodworking a week or so ago. Capped at 91 on Kabura Arrows, then was a mixture of bloodwood, lacquer tree logs, Stuffed "Big Ones" for friends, and Bookshelves to 95. The only advice I can give for this stretch is to camp, camp, camp AH for lacquer tree logs. If you have a high level alchemy friend, it can actually be a break even/profit synth. Be sure to check Sandy AH for them as well. Bloodwood worked out to be a small profit synth for me, and that bit about it only being 92 on singles is NOT true. Bloodwood is 95 in single or lumberjack form.

From 95-98 I made Cythara Angelica for minimal loss (300k or so). Then from 98-99 I did lancewood. It was complete loss at 10k per log and 2k npc return. I also had to camp heavily for these.

As of right now, im sitting at 99.2 and that .2 has already cost me 600k, lol. Jacaranda logs at 50k each can be used to make Thalassocrat, but those are very dangerous and expensive, and require capped smithing and goldsmithing subs.

All I can tell you is be patient and dont over pay for your materials. Good luck!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fireflame
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Fireflame 2010-04-05 06:15:44  
I'm not really sure been few months since last time i entered ffxi but last time i loged in all i did was lvling WW from 88 till 97

hmmm if i remember right the thing i did was like this

L.Tree. log nd sup

they sell for like 1~2k so i kept spamming them

also for some extra gil use soulflayer staff nd bloodwood log stack used to sell for 2.4m which was like 900k profite .. i know some ppl just stupid enough to buy them looool

nd i think there is a Lancewood log ... but that hurt my gil alot so i stopped like 95 to 97,8 cost me about 3m nd crafted few furnishings nd things couldnt really find somthing good to skill on after 96 so ... try to take it slowly :P will be much easier nd safer
 Lakshmi.Darkfurycult
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Darkfurycult 2010-04-07 03:27:16  
99-100 i decided to try staurbow was hella lucky and hq'd 2
out of 8 and got .1 skill up slow seller tho.need bone and smithing subz
might bite the bullet and do jacaranda.