users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Exact time of sale
Exact time of sale
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-11-23 22:29:55  
I would like to see FFXIAH list the exact time that items sell on the Jeuno auction house. This is viewable in game, and I don't believe that it would be too difficult to pull off.. Either just list all items in GMT, and let the players figure out their own time zone.. or introduce some sort of feature where registered members can select their time zone and have the site calculate the time for them. Either would work for me.. I just would truly love to know precisely when things were sold. Thank you for creating a fantastic resource for the enlightened FFXI player, and that you for the time that you took to read this suggestion.
 Diabolos.Tahpo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: tahpo
By Diabolos.Tahpo 2008-11-24 08:32:11  
The missing timestamp has always bugged me.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-11-24 13:08:35  
It's actually there, if you look at the source for the page, but we suppress it because when we displayed it, we got a ton of complaints from people that the timestamp didn't match their personal timezone, and people asked for it to be removed because it was confusing them.

Figuring out a way to convert the timestamp from the AH (which, true to SE form, is not in any easily-converted standard format like epoch time) to a user's own time zone is something that's been on our plate for awhile. Once we figure that one out reliably, we'll probably put the timestamps back in globally.
 Odin.Foxxie
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Foxxie 2008-11-24 13:25:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

it would help also for RMT sales so that The special task force can get them faster and easier..
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-11-25 04:04:53  
Could you get the site to just display the base GMT timestamp and let players calculate their own times in their head? (Like.. people in EST would just think GMT - 5 hours.) The timestamp could be labeled with a disclaimer saying that the displayed time zone is GMT.
 Lakshmi.Schultz
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2008-11-25 08:00:05  
I wouldn't say I was complaining.... :P -- I see what you mean if that random number is what SE returns...
 Hades.Cainen
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Cainen 2008-11-25 09:07:48  
If you do basic GMT people are gonna be complaining or feel excluded cause they cant do the math.. I dont even know what basic GMT is to me but then again I have a function on my cell phone to where I can figure it out.
Isnt there a stamp on the AH when you check the sale history and click on the name doesnt that give you a time or is that just a date? I dont remember. But even using Van'adiel time wouldnt be too terrible either since its a constant on ongoing time change you would just have to start figureing out what year/ month we are in during game time and then trace it back to when an item sold. .
 Lakshmi.Schultz
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2008-11-29 08:14:25  
Umm Cainen, the reason being that as Jaerik said, SE returns a time format that is just bizarre. I checked out the source of my own purchases, and if the numbers there were correct the difference of a few seconds resulted in the numbers being to inconsistent in duration. Could be wrong.

If it was in Vana'diel time it would be easy as that's a set calculation from one point in time (in secs).

GMT isn't that hard to understand, but if they had GMT figures in the DB, it would be easy to write a function behind the scenes to take your pre-configured Timezone (from user prefs) and apply them before printing out the times. Lets hope that they can figure out the times SE gives back to them.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-11-29 23:03:31  
Incidentally for the record, at the moment, the times used on the website (whenever a timestamp is actually present) are all in United States Eastern Standard Time, as that's where the FFXIAH.com servers live.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-11-29 23:57:15  
Actually, website is CST.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-11-30 01:14:16  
Doh, forgot. Scragg is EST. =p Servers are CST. And I'm PST. The US is too damn big.