users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Remora >> Levi Merger
Remora >> Levi Merger
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-09 21:51:53  
Who else is pissed or at least a little upset about this? Now, I'm sure people on Levi are really nice and all...and I'm not concerned about that at all but...the economy man. Items over there are almost 1/3 cheaper than they are here. Sounds good right? Well not for those that make/fish/farm them.

Anyone else have anything they are concerned about?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 21:53:08  
Remora.Dubont said:
Sounds good right? Well not for those that make/fish/farm them.

It's relative though. You'll have to make/fish/farm 1/3 less to buy the items you're making/fishing/farming stuff to buy.
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-09 22:08:32  
Guess you got me there...its just disappointing knowing that the items that I paid a fortune for over here are not so pricey over there...and the items I sell are a fortune here but not so much there..Sad day
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 22:10:04  
Remora.Dubont said:
Guess you got me there...its just disappointing knowing that the items that I paid a fortune for over here are not so pricey over there...and the items I sell are a fortune here but not so much there..Sad day

Sell as much as you can high and buy low when you transfer. It's what I've been doing lol.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-03-09 22:11:20  
Wouldn't either Remora take over the prices or it kind of even out? I guess if they undercut you constantly would be annoying. It will be interesting to see how it effects the economy.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-03-09 22:18:15  
Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
Wouldn't either Remora take over the prices or it kind of even out? I guess if they undercut you constantly would be annoying. It will be interesting to see how it effects the economy.

There is quite a high chance that the prices are going to completely explode; most likely down. With such a sudden influx (think about it... a whole server's market is about to combine with another's), there's just no chance on hell the prices will go up, or even remain stable.

I'm selling all my expensive crap now so I can buy it back in a month or two at cheaper prices. It will take a very long time for the merging economies to recover; if they do at all, which there's a high chance they won't.

It's bad enough when there's 5 Haguns on the AH. Add 500 to the server all of a sudden and imagine how bad it's going to become.
 Remora.Ojor
user: Rojo
By Remora.Ojor 2010-03-10 10:34:31  
There will be some items I would expect to have a large over-supply and drop in price sharply; fished consumables for instance. Some items not as easily farmed or already farmed often, now with added competition will skyrocket with higher demand of the end results due to the population.

Non-consumables will initially drop like a rock until people stop making them. I'm betting on a 20-30k Scorpion Harness a week or two post-merge. Those may not ever recover though; who doesn't have a scorpion harness now?

Hagun... yeah... I don't want to talk about that. Aside from the fact that Remora has a Hagun price fixer that's been operating since 2007 at least.

Still, I'd love to see metrics over the next couple months showing the largest trends in prices to see what utterly plummets and what goes orbital though... buy beehive chips now!
 Remora.Eriuddo
user: Eriuddo
By Remora.Eriuddo 2010-03-12 10:19:20  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
It's bad enough when there's 5 Haguns on the AH. Add 500 to the server all of a sudden and imagine how bad it's going to become.
Except you're also adding hundreds of SAM75s.. jesus christ, logic.
[+]
 Remora.Fable
user: Mindfux
By Remora.Fable 2010-03-12 17:29:37  
who farms anymore?

KSNM99 or Royal Ramble anyone? :B
 Remora.Helix
user: Helix
By Remora.Helix 2010-03-14 09:05:49  
The Only thing that kind of p*isses me off is that I lose my name. I have had this name for 6 years and looking over the AH records on this site for Leviathan, the "Helix" on that server hasn't bought or sold anything in Jeuno AH since 2008...Just doesn't seem quite fair. Oh well...***happens.
 Remora.Ryujia
user: Ryujia
By Remora.Ryujia 2010-03-21 18:58:52  
Remora.Dubont said:

You should think back to the times when RMT roamed free in the habitats of FFXI. When people paid 10m for a SH that is now less then 100k. Or, like me, who farmed for 2months in Pashhow to buy Erase for 1.3mil, whereas the price is now 5k.

The people who benefit the most are the people who disappear while prices are high, and come back after they drop considerably.
 Remora.Jobe
user: jobe
By Remora.Jobe 2010-03-21 22:39:44  
not all items are 1/3rd cheaper, as a leathercrafter i am happy about the move :)
 Remora.Tuatha
user: Tuatha
By Remora.Tuatha 2010-03-22 01:46:19  
Remora.Helix said:
The Only thing that kind of p*isses me off is that I lose my name. I have had this name for 6 years and looking over the AH records on this site for Leviathan, the "Helix" on that server hasn't bought or sold anything in Jeuno AH since 2008...Just doesn't seem quite fair. Oh well...***happens.

I'm in the same boat, the Tuatha on Leviathan server hasn't bought/sold anything since 2008, either. I've had this name since 2005 and I'm going to lose it to someone who doesn't even play anymore. Super depressed. ._.
 Remora.Jax
user: Jax
By Remora.Jax 2010-03-22 15:26:15  
I'm probably going to lose my name. I don't really care, its a stupid name anyways. I named myself after an albino pet hamster which was named after Jack cheese (ya really), and my wife said "Jack" wasn't video-gamey enough and that I should put an "x" in it. You can tell how much I really cared about my name at the time. My next name will probably be equally stupid.

The economy business is going to be interesting to watch. I think honestly that the prices for most things will be going up on the merged server (up being relative to Leviathan's current prices). Some items will go up a lot, since they have finite sources. Demand for these items (based on population) will be increasing, but supply will not. Its going to shift a lot of things around for crafters too. Profit margins for various items will be changing. I say give it a month and things will settle down.