BLM In Parties Again ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM in parties again ?
BLM in parties again ?
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2010-03-08 18:49:21  
Anyone think BLM will be good for parties again 75+?

I'm really hoping so.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-08 18:52:21  
Doubtful, but I'm really hoping with the new camps we're supposed to be getting, there will be some that are good for manaburns, and hoping for a lot more than just 1.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-08 18:56:30  
I hope we get higher lvl VT/IT pets to 1 shot... god that is some pimping easy xp.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-08 19:06:49  
Um who cares lol solo blm ftw, well tbh it isnt a dd jobs input in a melee burn will always beat what any blm cld possibly put in esp on mobs like colibri of course. Im blm main but im all for keeping them seperate if it continues to be best for both melee and blms to remain seperate which it is at 75.

I believe it would be nice for some new rly hard exp mobs where they give say 500xp + per kill but require a sc to mb to kill but then that would just make certain jobs ***again dual wield / hand to hand / pet jobs have never faired to well when mob is an inc tough with very high defense. Then the sought after setup would be 2xsam or blm sch rdm brd.

But blm in melee parties will probably never be favoured is the truth of the matter.

On the plus side for the blm, being in melee party catching magic bursts or having to cure = paying attention. Solo = little attention required, I think even while I am mid nuke/mid fight im got more attention elsewhere usually laptop/tv than on the game. But last colibri merit pty I did as monk I had to pay full attention even if it exp was triple per hour. Neither is really hard and one is triple exp per hour but melee requires about 3x more button presses and 3x more time looking at game per hour over blm.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-08 19:10:43  
Yeah back when I was doing pets still it was omfg easy.

Get up nuke. Rest. Come back a couple min later wait for pet to respawn nuke rest. Getting rather pimped xp.

Even now on puddings its like get up. Cast 5 spells Rest for a couple min. Still chaining 5 on VTs solo is nice xp.
 Valefor.Opia
サーバ: Valefor
user: Opia
By Valefor.Opia 2010-03-08 19:11:23  
I hope they add some blm friendly camps for xp. atleast that way most of the blms that arent old school can learn to MB a SC.
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-08 19:12:00  
dunno what youre talking about, i'm lookign forward to manaburning in qufim and vunkerl all the way to 99
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-08 20:11:36  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
dunno what youre talking about, i'm lookign forward to manaburning in qufim and vunkerl all the way to 99

Not Xarc (S)? If your puller is good you can get mad chains there too.
 Sylph.Xarks
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xark
By Sylph.Xarks 2010-03-08 20:31:01  
im hoping they will be in a lot of partys now but highly doubt it ..... but there will always be new spots to solo d(O.O)b
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ceraphina
サーバ: Asura
user: Ceraphina
By Asura.Ceraphina 2010-06-01 15:51:21  
I don't think anyone will ever go back to the "Wait for TP between two or three people, SC, BLMs MB" style of gameplay. It's just too slow paced for what the gaming community has become.

R.I.P Pre-TOAU FFXI.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-01 15:53:36  
I want to see a spell that needs the cooperation of several BLM's, maybe Meteor, like how the opening movie to FFXI is.. But in response to the OP I would like to see BLM's in more manaburn parties.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-06-01 16:03:30  
Asura.Ceraphina said:
I don't think anyone will ever go back to the "Wait for TP between two or three people, SC, BLMs MB" style of gameplay.
Only for certain endgame situations (JoL, Faffy/Nid, some other situations I can't think of on the top of my head).

But in exp/merit parties? That died when BLU came out.
 Asura.Ceraphina
user: Ceraphina
By Asura.Ceraphina 2010-06-01 16:06:46  
True. I don't terribly miss it. I'm pretty sure a lot of older players can say the same, but it was really jarring for me when I came back after three years of absence.
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-01 16:09:41  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
My linkshell and I have been putting some decent parties together to level our subjobs (38-49) and I've been on scholar magic bursting!

Sadly, Skillchains are a thing of the past.

I try to make skillchains whenever possible. Since certain mobs the MB does the same amount of damage as your WS so you basically double the damage.

It's really fun to try to MB AM2, It does do alot of extra dmg :) But with how today is its rare to see one go off unless it was on accident or just good timing lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 16:10:51  
I invite BLM's to lesser colibri parties. They do well as long as they are relatively well geared.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-01 16:12:52  
I used to get invites to normal colibri pts. Just don't get caught with blink down after I used AM lol
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-07 08:05:13  
LOL i got invited as mainhealer to colibri parties 60+ as blm :< ... pre level sync of course.
By Meowzer 2010-06-07 08:14:26  
Squeenix hinted at making the un-capped CoP areas new exp camps for post 75. Yay recyced areas, it'll be the new Bibiki Bay!

Quote:
In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will also be adjusted to pose a worthy challenge to players level 75 and beyond. A journey of rediscovery to your favorite areas of old awaits!

Level restrictions will be lifted in the areas below:
Pso'Xja / Promyvion - Holla / Promyvion - Dem / Promyvion - Mea / Promyvion - Vahzl / Phomiuna Aqueducts / Sacrarium / Riverne - Site #B01 / Riverne - Site #A01

{Experience points}{Party}{Riverne - Site #B01}{Do you need it?}
 Hades.Tripster
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-06-07 08:27:17  
Unless they put some way to warp to Riverne, I really think it will be hard for a party to get there. Just imagine how long ppl would take to get there. And then there's this little problem called MAP, that most people don't have, and easily get lost.
And then of course, getting there and all the camps taken...

I really don't see that happening.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-07 09:17:39  
Getting to Riverne isnt that difficult, im guessing pretty much everyone has the Tavnasia OP warp, or are you referring to the actual walk from Tav to Riverne? It`s no different from walking from the rune to a mire camp.

The map issue I can see being true though
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-07 09:26:52  
The puk camp is good for blms. I hit 74 there. Only places you can't use BLMs is bird camp, which only can hold 3-4 parties, after that, BLMs OK.
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-07 09:52:33  
This may be a good place for this since I dont see it anywhere, but I have a friend who is 64 blm and I said i would manaburn with him but where is the camp in the past for manaburn and what do you fight?

i have vaguely heard about it but a mini guide or even a map and position would be great :)
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:53:50  
Sylph.Akibakei said:
This may be a good place for this since I dont see it anywhere, but I have a friend who is 64 blm and I said i would manaburn with him but where is the camp in the past for manaburn and what do you fight?

i have vaguely heard about it but a mini guide or even a map and position would be great :)
Vunkerl Inlet_S, northeast corner near where Pallas spawns. There's a BST in a south-facing corridor, and it's very easy to get nukes on. Tiger pet also. Weak to Thunder, low INT, and Thunder Weather is very common in that zone.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-07 10:00:56  
Siren.Enternius said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:

Vunkerl Inlet_S, northeast corner near where Pallas spawns. There's a BST in a south-facing corridor, and it's very easy to get nukes on. Tiger pet also. Weak to Thunder, low INT, and Thunder Weather is very common in that zone.
If your puller doesn't suck the E/F-11 camp will net slightly higher exp/hr due to more frequent pulls. Just have to keep in mind that the tiger will run counterclockwise around the tree if it's even slightly obstructing its path to the puller.
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-07 10:04:54  
What about Xarca and Beaucedine (s)? I thought they had camps too or are they higher lvl?
 Lakshmi.Galathea
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-06-07 10:05:32  
Xarcabard (S) on Gigas' Tigers;

I believe it SE of the OPW, camp up against the wall.

@62 I would recommend a COR.

63-67 is fap worthy xp, and simplest thing ever.

After 67, you can just solo or duo there til 70 I think.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-07 10:07:18  
Sylph.Akibakei said:
What about Xarca and Beaucedine (s)? I thought they had camps too or are they higher lvl?
Better, but slightly higher level and people sometimes drag their feet on those camps for whatever reason. Too used to Vunkerl I guess.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-06-07 20:00:06  
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing mobs like we had in the past (i.e. pre-aht urghan) in that mobs not only have defense but hit points to compliment their attack power. The idea of high offense low defense lead to the rise in "kick the nukers" while the reflect of the colibri served to fully sever the need for magical damage altogether. No tank likes to eat a Blizzard IV when the Colibri throws it back.

I personally had a blast partying with some linkshell mates when we decided to pull out our mules and go run Valkurm Dunes as WAR, MNK, THF, RDM, BLM, WHM. "OMG, who parties with the original 6 jobs!?" Actually a lot easier than you would think. 20k/hour? Nah. But honestly, it was a lot of fun, no one died, and we took them up through to Boya tree before two of the LS members quit the game. If this type of gameplay returned with 76+, I'm all for it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-07 22:08:57  
Just give me some pets that are high enough lvl for me to cap xp on solo but I can 1 shot with AM2 and I'd be happy
First Page 2