フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » HALP! graphics issues
HALP! graphics issues
First Page 2
 Valefor.Ivaan
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-02 09:05:13  
ok now i know there are links as ive used them before, but here is the scenario.

I have the worst luck with computers. My hard drive has recently failed for the 3rd time, and i had to reinstall everything on a new one, this game, microsoft word, etc, you get the picture. Last time i installed ffxi, my characters showed up in game all shiny and polygonal.

I used a driver that helped fix it, but now, the same one is not working. When i install i get this small box that says cannot install incompatible with version please get real one from website.

I tried that, i tried different ones, no avail.

Im on a dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista

before anyone says anything, yes i downloaded the correct windows vista POL from the website. I dont know what to do, and its annoying.

You can imagine how it is to have to reinstall everything again on your computer for a 3rd time.

I know this is alot to read, but does anyone have a quick fix? Thanks.

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 09:08:07  
you're using Vista, thats fail. I'm pretty sure your graphics card has finally went to ***, so it may need to be replaced, or the resolutions are wrong.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-02 09:12:51  
The graphics card does not render the characters properly, it never has. The thing i downloaded to fix it was:

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista 32(exe)

Unfortunately, its not working this time, it says its the wrong one, but its the same one ive used before to fix it, i know because i had the name and the link to it saved in my email.

Vista isnt completely fail if you use it properly, i never had any problems at all besides having to fix this, but this isnt vistas fault, its the graphics card.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-02 09:14:56  
well, if that particular driver doesn't work...

find another one that does work.

Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-02 09:17:08  
in my original post i did try different versions, i said that. Anyone else have ideas?
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-02 09:40:37  
rub your computer with turtle wax ^^
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-02 17:01:33  
ok bumping this to see if anyone can still help me solve this, ive tried a ton of different drivers and they all say they aren't compatible, yet they are for my operating system and from the comp's manufacturing website. Please refrain from telling me such as to rub turtle wax on it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-02 17:04:08  
What type of graphics card do you have?
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-02 17:14:59  
Operating System:Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)

Accelerator in Use:Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

does this answer your question? im really not to tech savy lol

everything in game is ok except the characters and moogles and npcs are shiny and polygonal
 Ramuh.Lucried
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-03-02 17:15:16  
what grafics card you have in it. my guess is prolly Nvidia something or other. if thats the case try some drivers from the grafics card website.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-02 17:19:18  
start menu - control panel - set view to small icons - select system - top left option (device manager) - look at display adapters

that will tell you what graphics card you currently have
 Hades.Slayerx
サーバ: Hades
user: Slayerx
By Hades.Slayerx 2010-03-02 23:21:26  
Hmm, don't have time to do much research, but make sure you have both the graphics driver AND latest Chipset drivers. Install the chipset drivers first.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-02 23:38:30  
Go to run, (Start menu > run [OR] Windows key + R) type dxdiag.

Tell me what yours says on the part I've highlighted in red please.

And also, I'm going to assume you're on a 32 bit version of Vista?

Thanks.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-03 09:07:16  
i don't know how to put an image up but here is the information you asked for:

Device
Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. total memory: 358 MB
Current Display mode: 1280x800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-03 09:12:05  
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-029330.htm
 Unicorn.Ignasio
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-03-03 09:28:42  
What graphics card do you have in it? Repeating what OS and core you have in your lolDELL doesn't get your problem solved.
 Hades.Slayerx
user: Slayerx
By Hades.Slayerx 2010-03-03 12:25:16  
Unicorn.Ignasio said:
What graphics card do you have in it? Repeating what OS and core you have in your lolDELL doesn't get your problem solved.

Integrated graphics, no GPU
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-03 16:41:27  
dude, who said loldell, cmon, were not five. If you wanna go make fun of someones computer go somewhere else please.

@ Vegetto

I have tried from that link you gave me.

I tried to download and install the correct driver and different versions for vista 32 bit but everytime its done installing i get this box that pops up and it says the driver being installed is not validated for the computer and to get it from the correct website, which would be the one you gave me.

I'm at a loss. I download the one thats correct for my comp, and it says its the wrong one. In response to that ive downloaded others for vista an they haven't worked either.
 Lakshmi.Pud
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2010-03-03 17:12:09  
From the details on the Intel website, it looks like they try and get you to deal with driver installs via a "Driver update Wizard" type progam.

Have you tried installing the drivers directly, or have you been using the automatic program?

Here is a list of all the available downloads for the GME965:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Embedded+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+GME965+Express+Chipset&ProdId=2887&LineId=1705&FamilyId=40
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-03 18:22:32  
i chose the one that is for my computer and after i download it, i run it, and after it it says its done installing (the blue load bar is finished) the box disappears and then this box comes up that say:

Error
The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer.

Setup will exit

:(
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-04 12:01:08  
I have a lolDell, I used to play on. With lolnvidia card that I used to need ffxi specific drivers for. Still <3 it though~ Haha, it's not really that big a deal. :3

I'm on a lolHP now. XD
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-04 12:08:49  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you're using Vista, thats fail. I'm pretty sure your graphics card has finally went to ***, so it may need to be replaced, or the resolutions are wrong.
I'm using vista and I have no problems. People who keep saying vista=***after this long are ignorant.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-04 16:51:13  
I'm not having any problems either on Vista. That's not to say that vista isn't an irritant and that I'll end up upgrading to 7 as soon as I get the chance, but heh. It works for now.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-04 21:49:11  
i still have my problem if anyone has any ideas. I cant bring it to the store til prob Sunday for help so if anyone has anything else i could really use help
 Hades.Freonski
user: Gero
By Hades.Freonski 2010-03-04 22:24:15  
I have the same problem you do, its due to integrated graphics not being strong enough, have found no solution to date.
 Remora.Snomm
サーバ: Remora
user: Snomm
By Remora.Snomm 2010-03-04 23:14:10  
I have had the same issue on my parent's computer and the only solution is to get a non-integrated graphics card. To put in as few words as possible...Vista does not like integrated cards because for some reason any update you try to do will end in some error. It once told me that it could not find a file, so I manually downloaded and installed it...the issue remained. In general, if you try to alter the graphics card drivers to anything other than the ones that originally came with the computer, it will not work. I hate to be blunt, but you can do one of a few things... 1. Use the original drivers 2. Buy a new graphics card (preferably Nvidia GeForce or ATI Radeon) 3. Buy a new computer (Quad core with decent graphics card and 8+ gigs of ram goes for like $700 without the monitor). I'm not going to bash Vista, but it has its issues. To reiterate the answer to the question for the cheapest possible price to do what you want it to do, buy a graphics card, but if you have the money, get an all-inclusive Gateway or gaming rig off of almost any site.
 Valefor.Ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-03-05 08:42:03  
hmmm ok. I just dont understand why this is happening now. I have fixed the problem last time but now this this new hard drive its not working. I dont get why its like this. o well.
 Hades.Dizzmal
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-05 08:53:11  
Put a cheap graphics card in it and call it done. You can probally find one for around 100 bucks at best buy that will run this game fine.
 Phoenix.Kusama
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kusama 2010-03-05 08:55:11  
FFXI does not work very good with catalyst 9.12, try and download 8.3 which what i did to fix most of my problem
[+]
 Unicorn.Ignasio
user: Ignasio
By Unicorn.Ignasio 2010-03-05 08:59:39  
Valefor.Ivaan said:
dude, who said loldell, cmon, were not five. If you wanna go make fun of someones computer go somewhere else please. @ Vegetto I have tried from that link you gave me.

You are correct, even five year olds know that they are lolDELL. This is an opinion, I'm not making fun of them. Opinions will remain stated.

EDIT: Use a can of air on your internal components. Can be an oversight by many people.
First Page 2