How Will The Server Merge Affect Ffxiah?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » How will the server merge affect ffxiah?
How will the server merge affect ffxiah?
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-02-28 11:52:35  
Hi guys,

as the title says... how will this be handled? A lot of server-prefixes in front of our charnames must be changed, the cross-server price graphics, price records will need to be merged etc.. I mention this because i am afraid this may cause some data-migration problems and this should be thought and handled of beforehand. Just a very quick note.

~ yours sincerely,

Segaia
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-28 11:54:21  
idk dawg
 Unicorn.Ducea
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2010-02-28 11:54:56  
good question^ anyone know if the ls community will still be supported after merge?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-02-28 11:55:12  
It'll work just like when people move servers I'd imagine.
I used to be on Ifrit. I moved to Ramuh, but I could've kept using my Ifrit.Haseyo name if I wanted. If you want to use your new server name, just do the whole "Link by getting whatever crystal for x amount" thing.

Carbuncle.Krionin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-02-28 11:55:39  
I think it will be same as any other transfer... probably need to re register or register the new char name on new server with site. then would have to go to comunity site and get that info again. That what it made my friend do who came from garuda to carby.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-28 11:58:36  
It's a pretty simple matter to just update all the people in one server to put them into another, but that would be too easy. I'm curious if all our auction history, if that's going to be merged as well. So long as we don't have to re-verify our characters it'll be all good.
 Seraph.Dricent
サーバ: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-02-28 12:23:26  
There is something important you all seem to be missing here... If they merge servers what do they do to your character if the server your merging with already has a character with your name? Do they force you to change your name? Maybe force you elsewhere to another server away from your friends? Or just toss your in the trash....