Fairy's Bazaar...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Fairy's Bazaar...
Fairy's Bazaar...
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-02-21 07:59:01  
On shiva we use Upper Jeuno, All from the beginning of the walkway all the way to the dancers.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-21 13:27:10  
To be honest I don't even bother to check Bazaars anymore because of player greed. Then you have the people who purposely try to rip off other players by listing single items at the price of a stack.

Most of the time it's just people who feel the need to show off some worthless item nobody cares about for 99,999,999 gil.
[+]
 Alexander.Haruku
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Haruku 2010-02-21 13:37:19  
the thing that bugs me is whats the point of bazaars? if you set the price same as ah. im not saving any gil i can just go to ah and buy for same price
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-21 13:50:22  
Alexander.Haruku said:
the thing that bugs me is whats the point of bazaars? if you set the price same as ah. im not saving any gil i can just go to ah and buy for same price
Cause it's mainly for the items that are sold out on the AH or things that are too expensive for AH fees. It's rare you'll find something that's over 5m actually on the AH. Those types of things are always sold in bazaars.
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
user: Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2010-02-21 14:33:43  
I think the original basis for why everyone bazaar'd in Rolanberry was because it was out of the way but still within easy travel distance.

I don't know about everyone else but I go to Jeuno rather often. I don't want to have to wade through a sea of NPCs just to make my way to Limbus. Also, Ru Lude (and more specifically where people would probably keep their bazaars) is a much more confined space than Rolanberry is. Can you imagine the volume of NPCs that are sometimes outside, all moved there?

All this isn't to say I'm against the change. However going to Rolanberry is sort of like a shopping trip; you usually want something enough to find the traveling negligible.
[+]
 Siren.Suterusuu
サーバ: Siren
user: Suterusu
By Siren.Suterusuu 2010-02-21 19:57:24  
Tussilo still my favorite RDM to merrit with.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-02-21 20:02:11  
Odin uses upper jeuno, too. From the guide stone to the Adventuring Fellow evil npc girl, that's where to check if you want bazaars. xD
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-21 21:43:06  
Fairy.Tussilo said:
I think the original basis for why everyone bazaar'd in Rolanberry was because it was out of the way but still within easy travel distance.

I don't know about everyone else but I go to Jeuno rather often. I don't want to have to wade through a sea of NPCs just to make my way to Limbus. Also, Ru Lude (and more specifically where people would probably keep their bazaars) is a much more confined space than Rolanberry is. Can you imagine the volume of NPCs that are sometimes outside, all moved there?

The main thing is, if you're not up for checking bazaars, and you just zone in and run past where they are, they won't effect you in any way. Barely any of them will show up for you, meaning much less lag than you might think.

And yeah, I really preferred it in Ru'Lude. Jeuno was my shopping trip, because I was never there for much other than Limbus. If everyone bazaared off to the sides of the main walkway, there's no obstruction of traffic.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-21 22:13:55  
Well, I put out the word on Fairy, and as expected, it was met with much resistance from those who could not see the good behind my message, amongst a plethora of trolls.

I will leave this alone from here on out, but please do join me to bazaar your wares in Ru'Lude Gardens if you agree with my idea. The more people we get here, the more may move, and maybe someday, Fairy can stop being behind the times.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-02-21 22:21:06  
Even if it isn't a server-wide shift, chances are anyone bazaaring there will get an assload more bazaar checks per-day than someone parked out in a place like Rolan, unless it's something like a dedicated dyna currency mule that everyone's familiar with. The downside being they likely won't be people specifically looking to buy from bazaars, but it still seems worth it.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-21 22:31:56  
I got a few tells from people who agreed with me, and a lot of shouts directly saying that my idea was "dumb". Only one person brought up an even semi-valid reason as to why it was bad, and that was for the people entering Dynamis-Jeuno who play on Dial-up. Personally, *** dialup users. I'm sorry, but when the bazaars are parked half the zone away from you, it won't effect you at all.

They also said those same people could run through whitegate without much lag, and that just makes me laugh.

But no sweat, all the people I ran into seemed to have the coherence level that of a slug, so I can take that with a grain of salt. I'm going to keep bazaaring in Ru'Lude, and if they want me to check theirs, I might run out to Rolanberry. It's much more likely that I won't.
 Shiva.Nindo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nindo 2010-02-21 22:43:48  
Shiva's in Upper Jeuno too. It started out kind neat and orderly where they'd line up along the walls but now its pretty much they stand everywhere. Which is wee bit annoying when your trying to sort out which to check first lol. Their all way from the Guide Stone, to the zone out, and we even have them sitting next to AH and stables as well sometimes.
 Fairy.Darkcloudx
By Fairy.Darkcloudx 2010-02-21 22:45:32  
Considering that this game was designed to cap at 56k specifically with dial up in mind, even that point is invalid.
But to argue with the egos in whitegate, you just as well beat your head against the wall.

I don't think its a bad idea at all, it's just hard to get people to change.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-21 22:50:03  
You're more than welcome to join me yourself, DCX. Hell, I'm there right now. Going to leave myself in Ru'Lude every night.

Viva La Resistance~!

And no I'm not even close to French.
 Fairy.Cailleach
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2010-02-21 22:55:10  
I tried to bazaar in Ru'Lude before and didn't get many checks. Lots of time you don't load before someone runs off to MH or Upper Jeuno. People already know that there's bazaars in rolan so they're gonna go there looking. People on Fairy aren't expecting to see lots of bazaars in Ru'Lude hence they are gonna miss you there.
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-02-22 00:09:27  
The more people that do it, the more it'll be expected. I'm really not expecting this to change much anytime soon, but hopefully it'll catch on slowly. Despite the massive troll resistance in Whitegate that I experienced tonight, I have hopes that people might catch on.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-02-22 08:20:36  
Really good idea, but it will be hard to make it real...
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 08:30:41  
I like Rolanmart for nostalgic/sentimental reasons

I can deal with running the 5 minutes it takes to get out there

And Ru'ludemart just doesn't have the same ring to it

Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-02-25 10:26:42  
Wow, really? Can't cross a damn zone to get to the bazaars? In an auto-run friendly straight line?

Rolanmart is established, it's where people are used to it being, and it works. As for prices, I won't lie (hah!). Some people in Rolanmart ARE trying to gouge you (take Lie for example...) You need to be careful before you drop the gil on a bazaar, and know your prices first. Somebody's got Dusk boots out there for about 30k over AH price last I checked, and the price is dropping because so many are listed.

However, I picked up a 50k Insomnia for 25k and a 60k Greed Scimitar for 35k on the same night. If you're patient and try to buy things in advance, and keep an eye on prices, Rolanmart will serve you well.

A lot of ABCs in Rolanmart right now. Seems people are trying to push them to 9k, but they're not bothering to buy out the other bazaars that are running at 8k or less. Whitegate was almost purely 9k bazaars. Been seeing Wind Earrings and Herald's Gaiters a lot lately, too.
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-25 11:10:33  
I am camped in RuLade right now... fight the power!
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 11:11:51  
Fairy.Akiba said:
I am camped in RuLade right now... fight the power!

I just shouted to you
 Fairy.Pwrlessgirl
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrlessgirl 2010-02-25 11:53:59  
Fairy.Brenda said:
Yeah, when I first came to Fairy I was a little thrown off that the bazaars were still in an outside area.

I think is been a tradition for the longest in FAIRY, and sometime people that have been there from DAY 1, don't like change. For some people change is not good. I have shoped in Rolanberry Fields, sometimes you get a good deal.

People that frequent R.F. are probably looking for weapons, armor, scrolls, etc, you don't want to end up in Jeuno Looking for a Kirin Osode and waste time checking some1's bazar selling sheepskin, cotton balls, and Automaton attachments.
 Fairy.Budoukiba
user: Budou
By Fairy.Budoukiba 2010-02-25 12:16:28  
You should start a bazaar group in Ru'Lude, that way it becomes more contagious and hopefully more people will join you. Only way I can really think of to make it work.
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 17:27:35  
Forget convenience, let's build a new Rolanmart in Ulthegard Range just over on the other side of Jormy's pop area.

You really want your tax-free deals? Better make a run for it!
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-25 17:52:45  
Has been in gardens on Valefor since the tax went away, I dual box on dialup and never have any added lag issues from all the mules. People just want to complain and fight change. Its easier, convient, and no one uses the zone but for dynamis, and missions anyways.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 18:02:31  
Vince's "movement" was an epic failure.
We like it where it is on Fairy.

/end
[+]
 Fairy.Vestal
user: miperich
By Fairy.Vestal 2010-02-25 18:55:06  
I went to pandy from bahamut and the first thing my friends and I said was WTF is up with no rolanmart! Is it better in jeuno? Yup, does it make it too laggy for you to enjoy the game? Nope. Do I want it moved on fairy? He'll no. There are very few things that are the same with this game from when I started playing, rolanmart has memories! I still take the airship to uncurse abjurations too 8). Vince your right in saying it's a change for the better, but I hope it never changes.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-25 19:08:10  
Upper Jeuno isn't anywhere near the ah though and it's conveniently between both the zone-in area from whitegate, and lower jeuno ah. Even if people were to bazaar in Rulude though, that ah doesn't usually get enough visits to make it all that laggy (at least not on my server).
 Fairy.Dartt
user: Dartt
By Fairy.Dartt 2010-02-25 20:18:22  
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Even if people were to bazaar in Rulude though, that ah doesn't usually get enough visits to make it all that laggy (at least not on my server).

That's what makes Ru'Lude so nice ^^ I usually go there to craft/skill up because there's not 25 mules groping the AH wall.

I like Maimed's idea... and I have done that before. But only for like an hour before I ate a force homepoint ><

I did get like 2 checks once :D