HELP PLEASE!!!!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » HELP PLEASE!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!!
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: phawk23
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2010-02-17 23:11:59  
Im getting a Error : FFXI 3001.. and it wont let me log into my character keeps on saying server timed out. What exactly does that mean.
 Fenrir.Rocketpop
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rocketpop
By Fenrir.Rocketpop 2010-02-17 23:35:29  
It's either a firewall issue, or a router issue.

Solution below was taken from http://vnboards.ign.com/ffxi_tech_support_board/b22547/76532080/p1/

~~~~~
1. On your router. If you have the option to add "Applications & Gaming" ports. Enter POLBOOT.EXE with port range of 50000 - 65535 protocols are “BOTH” (tcp/udp) and then what ever IP address of your machine is.

2. On your router, again. If you have the option to add "Applications & Gaming" ports. Enter POL.EXE with port range of 50000 - 65535 protocols are “BOTH” (tcp/udp) and then what ever IP address of your machine is.

3. On your firewall you must add the above two applications you set in your router, now on your firewall. You should be able to add polboot.exe and pol.exe to a list of programs your Firewall permits and denies. For these two programs you want to "Permit All" for their "Internet Access".

-This worked for me and it should work for you. This is not set in stone, but has been a proven solution. In addition, if anyone has another useful suggestion, please let us know.
~~~~~
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
user: phawk23
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2010-02-18 00:10:09  
What if i play on Xbox
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-18 00:22:09  
Could still be a router issue. Reset your modem and router (do the whole removing the power wires for 2 minutes from each, put them back in and wait 5 minutes thing) and see if that helps. Sounds awfully simple and awfully HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but anytime I used to get a POL error (very, very, very rarely) it worked.