users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Ff graphical quality
Ff graphical quality
 Asura.Maswan
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Maswan
By Asura.Maswan 2010-02-15 17:58:09  
So I just recently bought FFXI for my pc(play on xbox) and the quality looks all pixely on it, is there any way I can get it to look better? because I was gonna be switching from xbox to pc, but I wont if I can't change the quality of what i'm seeing >.>

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :D
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-15 18:00:17  
Probably because you arent using windower and it looks like ***ya

to elaborate, idk what it is but ffxi looks like trash when I have to run it on normal SE's ffxi but being able to adjust resolution and settings with windower makes it look delicious on my laptop
 Asura.Maswan
By Asura.Maswan 2010-02-15 18:02:20  
Thing is, I am running it off of windower :|
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-15 18:02:44  
Asura.Maswan said:
So I just recently bought FFXI for my pc(play on xbox) and the quality looks all pixely on it, is there any way I can get it to look better? because I was gonna be switching from xbox to pc, but I wont if I can't change the quality of what i'm seeing >.>

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :D
Go into your Playonline folder, then into Squareenix, Final Fantasy XI, ToolsUS (or ToolsEU) then open Final FantasyXI Config. You can change your settings there.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-15 18:03:12  
Asura.Maswan said:
Oh then open up Launcher_gui in your square enix folder
By Izey 2010-02-15 18:06:57  
Hihi Maswan, I have the same issue in every single PC/Laptop I install it in and this is what I do (Changes may vary from PC to PC).

Open the FFX! Folder, can be inside the "POL" folder as well, and like buddy above me said use ToolsUS or "FFXI Config," button thingy, A window should open it up, personally I change tha back ground display to its highest setting, (Big numbers is smaller <- better graphic quality), And the game looks great after that (Assuming your indeed running in window mode).

Sidenote: If running a windower,* Leave the ffxi config on for fullscreen and open windower so the game runs properly.
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-15 18:08:24  
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/wiki/FFXI_Graphics
 Asura.Maswan
By Asura.Maswan 2010-02-15 18:09:37  
Asura.Dameshi said:
Asura.Maswan said:
Oh then open up Launcher_gui in your square enix folder
Izey said:
Hihi Maswan, I have the same issue in every single PC/Laptop I install it in and this is what I do (Changes may vary from PC to PC).

Open the FFX! Folder, can be inside the "POL" folder as well, and like buddy above me said use ToolsUS or "FFXI Config," button thingy, A window should open it up, personally I change tha back ground display to its highest setting, (Big numbers is smaller <- better graphic quality), And the game looks great after that (Assuming your indeed running in window mode).

Sidenote: If running a windower,* Leave the ffxi config on for fullscreen and open windower so the game runs properly.

I just went into the windower GUI and changed the resolutions for both window size and backround, and it seems to have done the trick, looks a hell of alot better now! :D
By Izey 2010-02-15 18:16:08  
Yes, yes it does ^_^