New Items
users online
UCS-5000
 Asura.Lysandre
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: lysandre
By Asura.Lysandre 2010-02-13 01:15:58  
Hey guys a friend gave me his account (whose been unused for 6 months) and i'm trying to make it work on my computer.

So i'm logging on with his POL ID and the password he gave me , then when i try to reactivate his content ID in the membership section , i am asked password again but when i type the same password i get this :

ERROR
UCS-5000
Invalid or incomplete information.
Please check your playonline ID and password, and try again

Can someone explain me why it's not working please ?

Ramuh.Lucried
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-02-13 01:54:49  
perhaps he had a different password for that section. only thing i can think of offhand
 Hades.Sylvex
サーバ: Hades
user: Sylvex
By Hades.Sylvex 2010-02-14 20:42:27  
This happened to my friend when he quit then moved from the US to the UK. He gave me his info, in the US still and it worked for me. I think they trace your IP to see what country your in so that you cannot use a US account in the UK or some such because of the currency issues. Could be wrong but I was able to reactivate his account and he can log in fine now after he tried for about an hour and kept getting that message.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-02-14 22:56:55  
Hades.Sylvex said:
This happened to my friend when he quit then moved from the US to the UK. He gave me his info, in the US still and it worked for me. I think they trace your IP to see what country your in so that you cannot use a US account in the UK or some such because of the currency issues. Could be wrong but I was able to reactivate his account and he can log in fine now after he tried for about an hour and kept getting that message.

That's pretty much the issue I think.

You can only change info for a US account with a US POL client. EU account with EU client and JP account with JP client.
 Asura.Lysandre
サーバ: Asura
user: lysandre
By Asura.Lysandre 2010-02-15 02:53:08  
Yep, that was the problem, but it's just a matter of Playonline viewer version.

My friend's account was made in america and i'm using a european version of the game. That's why i couldn't update any information on his account.

I downloaded the US version of POL from playonline website and installed it on my computer then i could make the changes to my friend's account (like put my credit card information and reactivate his contend ID)

Stupid thing is that US version of POL can't work in european version of ffxi installed on my computer so i had to re-install european POL >.>

Hopefully i don't have to change anything else on his account now lol.