New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » PC going crazy
PC going crazy
 Alexander.Haruku
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Haruku 2010-02-11 14:08:05  
okay so my PC needed to restart to complete updates so i allowed it to do so it started to shutdown and do the updates and then it begun to restart i went to do other thing come back and my PC is ready to log in i click to log in and as windows is about to start it just shuts back down and goes back to log in screen no matter what i did,
before this i remember i was trying to watch a video and i had to download a program to watch it was from hulu.com or something my friend told me it a good website to watch TV shows anyways downloaded but i had restart my PC but didn't do it right away until a few hours later if anyone know what happen if i got infected it said it needed adobe flash player which i thought i had but i downloaded =( now i regret -.- but yeah just someone tell me if my PC infected or if it could be something else
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-11 14:09:41  
. <- ever seen one of those before?

And I think someone started a thread for the same thing. Let me look around.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-11 14:21:37  
Got any window cds? to reset it? as long as you got the code. you can just format your pc and brig it back to new :) what opening system you got?
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-11 14:24:16  
Have you tried safe mode?
 Fairy.Darkcloudx
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Darkcloudx 2010-02-11 14:25:10  
Sounds like you got Internet Security 2010. It is a malware program that has been going around lately, it will tell you that you have viruses on your pc, buy our product and we'll remove them. When you try to remove it, it puts you in a login/logout loop to where you cannot sign into Windows.

There is a wonderful program out there called BartPE you can use to boot into a Windows environment, and you can use regedit to manually fix the keys that are causing the loop. Once you get back into Windows, run Malwarebytes to get rid of the rest of it.

Edit: after dealing with this a few times, it is a pain to get rid of, and many feel it is easier/better to do a full reinstall of your system.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-11 14:51:40  
Fairy.Darkcloudx said:
Sounds like you got Internet Security 2010. It is a malware program that has been going around lately, it will tell you that you have viruses on your pc, buy our product and we'll remove them. When you try to remove it, it puts you in a login/logout loop to where you cannot sign into Windows.

There is a wonderful program out there called BartPE you can use to boot into a Windows environment, and you can use regedit to manually fix the keys that are causing the loop. Once you get back into Windows, run Malwarebytes to get rid of the rest of it.

Edit: after dealing with this a few times, it is a pain to get rid of, and many feel it is easier/better to do a full reinstall of your system.

Oh really :) ahh lol i fix a computer last night with this problem. it was a pain in the ***.
 Alexander.Haruku
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Haruku 2010-02-11 15:42:04  
@Darkcloudx i got that security thing i thought it was part of an update so i went with it >.<