2010-06-21
New Items
users online
POL Problem
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-09 16:29:36  
Alright, after 5 months I've finally decided to come back to FFXI, but this time I will be starting 100% fresh from a new POL account and all. However, I wish to keep my old character names from the content IDs I canceled on my old account. I emailed SE and asked if canceling my POL account will delete the characters, and they told me I have to do it myself in order to be able to use the names on that server.

I however, do not wish to pay $15 to reactivate the content IDs just to delete them and pay another $15 to start up a fresh account. I know that sounds useless but It's what I wish to do for a completely fresh start.

Does anyone know if it is possible to delete your characters from your (canceled) content IDs without having to reactivate them? Can I can POL customer service and have them do it for me? I wouldn't be able to from here since I had already uninstalled FFXI and only kept POL -.-

Some solutions and advice would be great. Thank you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Agents
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laddie
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-09 17:19:12  
Why not reactivate then delete and make new one O.O to start all fresh ?
For sure SE won't do it for you, you have to reinstall FFXI anyway to start new one.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-09 17:23:21  
Because the account is semi-compromised and has alot of incorrect info I can't really fix. But it seems I'll just have to pay the $15 to get rid of the toons and start up again.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-09 17:24:42  
I'd just save the $15 and buy a 12 pack then start new toons with different names.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-09 17:27:04  
The account was never really my own, and I came to adopt it over time so if I am coming back to the game I rather have the game be on my own standing ya know? I dunno, maybe this is unnecessary but It's something I want to do.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-09 17:29:08  
Ya it's a personal preference and very understandable. It'd be a looooong hard battle w/ SE though. Patience always prevails though so get back on that phone!
 Carbuncle.Agents
By Carbuncle.Agents 2010-02-09 17:29:50  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
I'd just save the $15 and buy a 12 pack then start new toons with different names.
hehehe, i like the ideal too. Yeah, "fresh start" better with everything new...something that new to start fresh O.o
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-09 17:30:25  
Yeah. I mean after 7 years of playing on what was technically someone else's account, I rather come back and have it finally be "mine" so to speak. But it seems I have a lot of hoops to jump through to get my initial characters back and from scratch.

Edit: Time for work >.<
I appreciate your advice and support, and look forward to future posts when I get back. Thank you everyone~
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-09 18:22:35  
There no real reason to start back FFXI being 7year gone i quit 2009 at E3. The game first have change really samurai are now the top DD many other things

+ did you hear the news? Final fantasy XIV online is coming out with the same type of race just a make over. It's a new game and it coming out this year for PC,PS3 then later on for Xbox 360. There no point of playing FFXI now when ffxiv is very close to being release. The beta sign up are up at www.finalfantasyxiv.com

Just saying :) main reason i not playing ffxi right now.
 Titan.Agents
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Agents 2010-02-09 18:36:58  
Midgardsormr.Zenshiro said:
There no real reason to start back FFXI being 7year gone i quit 2009 at E3. The game first have change really samurai are now the top DD many other things did you hear the news? Final fantasy XIV online is coming out with the same type of race just a make over. It's a new game and it coming out this year for PC,PS3 then later on for Xbox 360. There no point of playing FFXI now when ffxiv is very close to being release. The beta sign up are up at www.finalfantasyxiv.com Just saying :) main reason i not playing ffxi right now.
True strike, I'm most likely online just to chit chat, then randomly pick a newbie in LS to help them on quests, missions...other than that I'm not interest to do endgames anymore (after filled up my inventory with all kind of ra/ex items lol)
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-09 18:53:43  
Titan.Agents said:
There no real reason to start back FFXI being 7year gone i quit 2009 at E3. The game first have change really samurai are now the top DD many other things did you hear the news? Final fantasy XIV online is coming out with the same type of race just a make over. It's a new game and it coming out this year for PC,PS3 then later on for Xbox 360. There no point of playing FFXI now when ffxiv is very close to being release. The beta sign up are up at www.finalfantasyxiv.com Just saying :) main reason i not playing ffxi right now.
True strike, I'm most likely online just to chit chat, then randomly pick a newbie in LS to help them on quests, missions...other than that I'm not interest to do endgames anymore (after filled up my inventory with all kind of ra/ex items lol)

Yep :) there no point getting anything what for? for a new game to come out? i mean the world i'm in lol well just say there about 900ppl most of the time. I mean i remember before whitegate there 3.5k on and 4k on Japanese hour. 900-2.5k is a joke soon ffxiv 80% ppl going to leave. only reason i go on playing it becuz well noting else out there.

What wow? pvp no thanks aion? try it not my thing final fantasy xiv? hmm now that my thing with voice over and new mission area and awesome looks why not? lol build a new pc just to play it now just wanting for that nicebeta invite which is killing. I may get back to final fantasy 11 just to wait out the storm of noting i got going on in my time lol.

i think if anyone want to get back to ffxi they should find something else to do too ffxiv come out. If have a account that 75 then get back have fun help some ppl do some HNM for fun and wait for the invite or the release
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-09 19:45:43  
didnt read thru most of this. but i think if you dont pay for your char it will get canceled, and while its canceled you can start a char with that same name on the same server, if you ever want to reactivate the old char you would require to give that one a new name. thats how i remember it anyway,
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-10 03:12:53  
There no real reason to start back FFXI being 7year gone i quit 2009 at E3. The game first have change really samurai are now the top DD many other things

did you hear the news? Final fantasy XIV online is coming out with the same type of race just a make over. It's a new game and it coming out this year for PC,PS3 then later on for Xbox 360. There no point of playing FFXI now when ffxiv is very close to being release. The beta sign up are up at www.finalfantasyxiv.com

Just saying :) main reason i not playing ffxi right now.

I'm aware of this, and thank you for your opinion, but I know what I am getting into. This is just going to be fun filler until XIV does come out. If I'm gonna play online, I may as well make it a game I enjoy instead of WoW (I regret even bothering with it).

Next time please answer the question with a relevant statement instead of making this a "Oh noes, population decline" argument.
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2010-02-10 03:13:50  
Art, you should just reactivate your old toon on Shiva. Do it. Now. D:
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-10 03:14:58  
Shiva.Drteeth said:
Art, you should just reactivate your old toon on Shiva. Do it. Now. D:

Everything is gone, even rare/ex. 100% nekkid.

Gonna just start fresh for shits and giggles and go from there. Top reasons I'm comin back is for good people, fun job classes and badass missions.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-10 03:34:21  
Bleh, finally got my last email from Squeenix. Looks like I will have to reactivate the IDs just to delete them. What a drag, but it's worth having something for my own for a change.