New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » Fort K_N_S black screen of death
Fort K_N_S black screen of death
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-02-06 03:28:18  
Figured I'd drop a topic here on this because I know SE won't reply to my issue report.
Anyway, since Thursday night everytime I campaign in Fort K_N_S sometime throughout the fight I will get the good ol' black screen o' death. It happens without fail. Usually, not long into the battles.
I had this issue 5-6 months ago. My solution worked like a gem; simply avoid campaigns in this zone. This week it's the only allied controlled area for Windy so I've been camping it. I've done dozens upon dozens of campaigns, but the issue just popped up again last night. I don't know how it was resolved, but I can only assume version updates had sometime to do with it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. It's very specific. It only happened in Fort K_N_S and nowhere else before. I guarentee the same is true now, but I have not tested it yet. I figure it has to be a bug or something since it's so specific.
I ran a file check and everything was normal.

It's extremely annoying and was hoping it wasn't just me.

Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-02-06 03:33:51  
You said you ran filecheck, you did the one on the POL view before you login right? I've had similar issues. If you did, and still nothing... I dunno.

Love your avatar. D:
 Phoenix.Sergee
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Sergee
By Phoenix.Sergee 2010-02-07 00:10:07  
This happened to me 2 times during the same battle.. "black screen off death" lolol.. spoke to the NPC & teleported out of there as soon as I logged back into FFXI, :P EXTRA ANNOYING, I play on PS2, old school I know.. :D but much more reliable and less laggy than xbox 360. :]

Update - my linkshell & I recently killed Dark Ixion in Fort Karugo-Narugo while campaign was going on and I didn't get the whole "black screen of death", so I guess the bug was fixed. o_o.. /shrug
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-07 00:13:08  
Phoenix.Sergee said:
This happened to me 2 times during the same battle.. "black screen off death" lolol.. spoke to the NPC & teleported out of there as soon as I logged back into FFXI, :P EXTRA ANNOYING, I play on PS2, old school I know.. :D but much more reliable and less laggy than xbox 360. :]

Update - my linkshell & I recently killed Dark Ixion in Fort Karugo-Narugo while campaign was going on and I didn't get the whole "black screen of death", so I guess the bug was fixed. o_o.. /shrug

I had the same exact thing when the new campaign updates came out for Unions, called GM he said to do file check, nothing was wrong.

Just seems like what everyone else is saying (Avoid as much as possible) is the best thing you can do. :(
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-02-09 09:31:47  
Just happened in Meri. Mount. S. Seems to be getting worse. It definetly has something to do with lag spikes, but gdi I get them all time without freezing.

Guess I'll try er, wtf can you re-install on ps2?
/seeaboveimage

Guess I'll save my macros and re-install WOTG and see what happens.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-09 09:38:52  
Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:
Just happened in Meri. Mount. S. Seems to be getting worse. It definetly has something to do with lag spikes, but gdi I get them all time without freezing.

Guess I'll try er, wtf can you re-install on ps2?
/seeaboveimage

Guess I'll save my macros and re-install WOTG and see what happens.

Yeah it can happen in any campaign zone, but especially the smaller ones like meri where everyone is packed in together. Just sucks, which is one of the reasons I moved to PC.