How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Aim For The Head.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Fan-Art » How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Aim for the Head.
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Aim for the Head.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Roiclem 2010-03-12 12:15:29  
Just started reading this last night. This is awesome!! Makes me want to com back and play again. Keep up the good work.
 Titan.Marzbarz
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-03-12 12:16:23  
/hi5 XD
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-03-12 12:16:50  
Titan.Marzbarz said:
/hi5 XD

Ninja partner suppppppppppppppp
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-03-12 15:22:31  
OOooooo Blue Maging :D
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-12 17:03:18  
Just posting real quick to say that this segment is coming to a close very soon.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-03-13 19:58:24  
More me! ='( I love me.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-14 07:24:10  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
More me! ='( I love me.
Fear not. I have plans for you. Big plans.

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-14 07:29:59  
And I haven't blown anything up in awhile QQ
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-03-14 13:41:50  
Gonna feel like a *** for this but...you definently need a PUP in there ^.^b lmao
 Asura.Shiroineko
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-03-16 13:16:34  
where's the next post!? lol ; ;
 Remora.Ryujia
サーバ: Remora
user: Ryujia
By Remora.Ryujia 2010-03-21 20:18:15  
AHHHHH!! Needs an update. <3
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-21 20:29:19  
I know, I know >_> Life gets busy
[+]
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2010-03-23 02:45:28  
To hell with life, we need more!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-30 15:04:20  
I just spent 3 hours writing a conclusion for this arch and accidentally hit the back button on my mouse. The text did not come ba k when I hit forward.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-30 15:16:30  
damn
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-03-31 12:24:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
I just spent 3 hours writing a conclusion for this arch and accidentally hit the back button on my mouse. The text did not come ba k when I hit forward.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
grrrrrr.

Your Fuuuck doesn't even fit in the quote box. lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-31 12:25:32  
I still don't know what this thread is about. c.c
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-31 12:26:33  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
A story that Sectum has been writing.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-31 12:27:47  
Asura.Dameshi said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
A story that Sectum has been writing.

Oh. I should read it when I has le~time then.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-03 15:54:01  
Day 35:
I never realize how many pages I went through, but this is the last entry I can fit in this book.

I'm reflecting on how different life is.

Right now, I'm on a boat with Marz and Cai. There's a giant serpent in the water cautiously following us and if it attacks again I get to fight it with the turrets again.

It's been a crazy sort of day. Currently we're traveling down the Pamtam Straights, headed for Olzhirya to warn the Mithran Kingdom about the plague and demon invasion. After that, we're stopping quickly on the Island of Tsahya to resupply and hopefully gain a few crewmen.

You see, we decided to renegotiate with the near-East: we know that their alchemists are on par with our own or better, and most of ours are dead or missing. We're going to request help; in return, they get to study the hell out of me and rip me to shreds if they'd like.

You see, Marz explained a bit about how the Empress' elite Immortal squad works, and it essentially boils down to a fundamental problem: by breaking their own souls and filling it with the souls of fallen enemies they are constantly tormented by those they've killed. I don't have that problem. I hear nothing. There's no demon whispering inside me, and if I try really hard I can remember the exact movements that the demon used to massacre an enemy in four quick slashes.

If I shut my eyes, I understand how to blend into the shadows like Marz can.

I wasn't able to tap into this information until I woke up one night, screaming in my sleep, and realized that there really was no point anymore. Life as I knew it, it was pretty much over. It was in that moment that I think I threw everything away. As I lay there, my hand reaching up, I realized that the time of the species was running short unless we did something drastic; my life was just a small part of what was once a large species, and the whole pool was getting smaller. If saving the pool meant dying, I was ready.

I'm ready now; I've found the will to care neough to survive but to be willing to die for what need be done. If that means I live long enough for the Empires' alchemists to shred me to bits studying me, then so be it.

Marz refused me from telling the team about our decision to flee to the East and petition for help until this morning. There was a mixed reception of concern and relief, to be fair. What shocked me most was Alyria, whom was taken aback so far by this that she grabbed me and dragged me half way across Windurst to have a private talk.

She took me to one of the old 'stary's that had been converted to a Mithran archery range and took out two beautiful Hellfires and taught me how to shoot. She refused to let me go until I could fire without trembling and reload calmly. She fired at me as I shot at targets in order to keep me fully aware that my decision meant at any given moment I may end up dead.

I understood entirely too well, and ultimately I was able to bring myself to shoot in her direction, though not at her; something about "providing cover fire" or something, I forget.

She let me keep the gun, simply saying, "I expect it to be your hands that bring me my darrrrrlin' back."

It was bittersweet. Cai is coming with us because he claims to know some old friends in Tsahya that would help us out and he knows even more in the Empire. That will prove valuable if it is indeed correct.

I don't know if I'll ever reread this, or if anyone will, or if the ship will even make it to the next destination, but I know one thing: this journey so far, I've learned a lot on it. I don't know if I'll ever have time to write more, or if my limbs will even stay as hands instead of the tentacles of a soulflayer. I don't know when I'll even get paper again, or if I'll write when I do. Whoever you are, if you can read it, just know that this is a terrible world full of terrible things, but that you can't give up; you have to find something worth fighting for. Even though I think I've given up, I know that I have something I'm fighting for; I'm fighting so that no one will ever have to see what I've seen or do what I've done to their friends and family. I'm fighting for a better tomorrow, if there even is such a thing. I'm fighting for the world, and by god I will fight until I die.

If nothing else, whoever you are that may read this, know that this was how I learned to stop worrying and aim for the head.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-03 15:54:16  
And with that, the first chapter is over. Who's up for a second?
 Fairy.Chaossoul
サーバ: Fairy
user: Chaossoul
By Fairy.Chaossoul 2010-04-03 16:00:34  
And with that, the first chapter is over. Who's up for a second?

That was just the first chapter? Holy crap! Epic first chapter! Loved it. Thank you for writing it, was well worth the time to read.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-04-03 16:05:05  
Who's up for a second?
The real question is, "Who doesnt want more?"
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-03 16:05:52  
Sorry for the delays, been super busy now but now that college acceptance letters are in my hand I can let loose a bit lol.

And yeah, I intend on making this into a giant file now and hosting it somewhere. Hope you all enjoyed.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-04-03 17:11:09  
That was awesome. I can't wait to read what happens in the East :D
 Shiva.Dwyte
サーバ: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2010-04-03 18:06:13  
I had just checked this morning to see if i had somehow missed some updates, loved the first chapter, Cant wait for more!
By Thanatox 2010-04-03 19:53:07  
Please, more.
 Caitsith.Unafae
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-04-04 06:54:19  
Meeeeee Meeee I'm up for more!!!